Kansas Wrestling

state results

Posted By: ONE

state results - 03/05/14 03:15 PM

after attending the state tournament this last weekend I came out shocked. not only with the 5A results and St. James taking over early on but also in 6A. the 3rd 4th and 5th team placers were all within 6 points. on another note did anyone else see how many kids Olathe North placed? I counted 9 and I believe they only brought 10 kids and that's not including last years state champ Blake Stovall. did any other team place more/
Posted By: rccokeley

Re: state results - 03/05/14 03:36 PM

Scary thing about Olathe North. Not a single one of their kids from state are graduating. Plus Stovall when he comes back next year. Olathe North will be the team to beat. Congrats Coach Carrol and Coach Slyter.
Posted By: Wrestler02

Re: state results - 03/05/14 05:57 PM

Will Stovall be coming back to ON?
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: state results - 03/05/14 06:36 PM

If OLN would have gotten a two count in the finals they would have taken home a third place trophy!
Posted By: Beeson

Re: state results - 03/05/14 06:54 PM

And they almost did.
Posted By: KMac

Re: state results - 03/05/14 08:28 PM

Did Stovall get injured? I wondered why he wasn't wrestling last weekend?
Posted By: SilverSurfer

Re: state results - 03/05/14 08:56 PM

Questions regarding a student athlete's status are probably better asked and answered with the team's head coach and not a forum where facts are given second or third hand by other parties. Just my opinion.
Posted By: ONE

Re: state results - 03/05/14 09:45 PM

what about this chase miller kid? where did he come from? I saw he placed 4th but do you think he could be a top contender at heavy weight in the years coming. scratch that. actually now looking at it who are any of these kids on olathe norths roster? kinda seems like they came out of nowhere.
Posted By: Coach Fitz

Re: state results - 03/05/14 10:01 PM

Not to those of us in the area. They've had a solid core for the last two years. With their number of underclassman they're going to be tough for years to come. It's nice to have that kind of measuring stick just across town!
Posted By: John Johnson

Re: state results - 03/06/14 12:24 AM

I see nothing wrong with KMac's question. These type of questions come up all the time...and have for years. If the people in the know are not comfortable giving an answer, then ignore the question. I just find it amazing that people do not normally have a problem with these type of questions until it about a wrestler from their school or area.

Re: state results - 03/06/14 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: John Johnson
I see nothing wrong with KMac's question. These type of questions come up all the time...and have for years.

The question is valid, I just think this may be the wrong place to go in depth about the status of a wrestler who is only just a kid. We are talking about kids here, not professionals. These are real people with real families.

Originally Posted By: John Johnson
I just find it amazing that people do not normally have a problem with these type of questions until it about a wrestler from their school or area.

You are implying I only spoke up because of geography. Well, you are wrong. I don't know the young man. Never met him. But what I do know is that he is just a kid. I wouldn't want somebody I didn't know talking about my son or daughter in some online forum. I would have said the same thing if the boy was from Garden City.

I can't prevent someone who is "In the know" from discussing it here. But I also have no problem voicing my opinion that to talk about roumors in this forum is tacky, especially when it concerns someone's child. You may be comfortable with that. I am not.
Posted By: Shawk1995

Re: state results - 03/06/14 09:24 PM

He asked if he was injured. I wondered the same thing, or maybe that he moved.

Your response implies that it is quite different.

Re: state results - 03/06/14 09:50 PM

I do not know any facts about the individual. The question just made me uncomfortable.
Posted By: Ilive4wrestling

Re: state results - 03/06/14 10:05 PM

He did not get hurt, he's a kid that made a stupid decision.
Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh

Re: state results - 03/06/14 11:29 PM

I do believe he was not part of the team at state. Unfortunate, same as my son. Good luck going forward Blake. Thank goodness you didn't screw up like I did at your age! Those that throw stones. ....
Posted By: KMac

Re: state results - 03/07/14 12:50 AM

My son wrestled with Blake on a couple of dual teams and my son and I both got to know him and have been interested in following his HS career. I wouldn't want him talked about in a negative way on the forum. My question was legit SilverSurfer......you trying to make it negative is where the problem is. Whatever the reason that he wasn't on the mat, we look forward to seeing him back next year.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums