Kansas Wrestling

joanna chadwick

Posted By: haskins6

joanna chadwick - 12/21/15 04:43 PM

I had a little back and forth with Joanna Chadwich the other day about how I felt wrestling was kinda a forgotten sport as far as the media was concerned. She said there wasn't enough readership as far as wrestling was concerned and wrestling wasn't basketball becouse like football in the fall basketball ruled in the winter. She did however say that if anyone had a good idea for a story to please email her. So here's her email jchadwick@wichitaeagle.com. So one you can giver her a good story or you can let her know how you feel the sport you love is coverd in this state. Or maybe Im way off base. Would like to see her get about 5000 emails. Just say in
Posted By: JCook

Re: joanna chadwick - 12/21/15 04:59 PM

Flood her email folks.
Posted By: mcpdad

Re: joanna chadwick - 12/21/15 05:16 PM

Make sure the emails are supportive. She was at the class 5A/6A state championships last year as well as at the Ark City regional doing stories. Her twitter was devoted to wrestling and the results for all three tournaments. She did interviews with the winners as well. So make sure you thank her for what she has done while you are emailing her wanting to know what more she can do.
Posted By: haskins6

Re: joanna chadwick - 12/21/15 05:43 PM

It wasn't about her it was the media in general. I meen I could be wrong about this. I know there was tournaments this weekend picked up the paper and nothing. Is that acceptable?
Posted By: CoachEd

Re: joanna chadwick - 12/21/15 10:02 PM

I agree Joanna has been quite supportive of wrestling in the past and I understand you point but don't slap the hand that feeds us. If you have supportive things to say and/or a good story on wrestling by all means tell it.

Ms Jenni
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: joanna chadwick - 12/22/15 12:02 AM

Everything I've ever sent to Joanna ended up either in the paper or online. She's very receptive, the problem is the limited resources of the print media today.
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: joanna chadwick - 12/22/15 10:10 PM

Overall, print media has become weak at best. Then you throw into the equation that most normal people don't understand let alone follow wrestling. Let me start by saying that I am not normal so I get it and I love it. I quit getting the local paper about 8 years ago because they didn't cover wrestling worth squat. I still check for articles online but won't buy a paper from them ever again.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: joanna chadwick - 12/24/15 05:16 AM

Maybe she can borrow the story Chanute paper ran on Curtis Chenoweth and his brother Darick Jones.
Posted By: Kyle_Haas

Re: joanna chadwick - 01/26/16 10:27 PM

So I'll bump this up. Some of you are aware I'm a Producer/Reporter in the Kansas City area for TWC SportsChannel (formerly Metro Sports).

I know that I'm not the only media member who checks this message board out for information. What are some storylines or interesting notes/stories that more people should be made aware of?

While my personal history leads back to the Ark City & Hays part of the State - I'm based in KC. So those are the stories I can run with. However, I think all ideas should be thrown out there.

Don't hesitate to reach me at my work email - kyle.haas@twcable.com
Posted By: Devast8r

Re: joanna chadwick - 01/27/16 03:07 AM

So, I was at my friendly neighborhood Wal-Mart and ran into a former wrestler. We were talking about how each other have been the last year, and the subject of wrestling duals came up. It got me to thinking that when I wrestled back in the late 80's, we had several duals and not many tournaments. I even have a patch on my letter jacket that we went 3 years in a row in high school before losing a dual, which wasn't too bad back then (around 50 duals). My question is this: Would there be more coverage in the media if there were more opportunities, like duals, for communities to get involved? Show me a tournament where the whole school/student body turns out like for a basketball or football game. Is it a problem for places like Blair Academy or El Reno, which have national-caliber talent in spades to get media coverage? Perhaps if we could schedule more duals in a season, there would be more involvement, more support & more knowledge of the sport. Possibly more numbers coming out for the sport as well. Make duals 1 competition pt. only, regardless of teams, or allow X number of duals a year, point-free. I would bet that there would be more coverage, and more competition, for this great sport!
Posted By: Pelland

Re: joanna chadwick - 01/27/16 04:33 AM

I couldn't agree more Devast8r. X number of duals a year for each team to use point free. I really like what J Rob has to say about duals and the marketing of them too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdl_tJlJKvg
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums