Kansas Wrestling

Regional Gate Fee???

Posted By: Ross001

Regional Gate Fee??? - 02/19/16 11:57 PM

Who sets the price for admittance into each Regional site? KSHAA?? Home Team??
Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh

Re: Regional Gate Fee??? - 02/20/16 12:49 AM

Pretty sure kshsaa.
Posted By: Kit Harris

Re: Regional Gate Fee??? - 02/20/16 01:02 AM

KSHSAA determines it. Most of the gate goes to KSHSAA, a non-profit org

Re: Regional Gate Fee??? - 02/20/16 01:22 AM

I told my kids club kids to come watch some high school wrestling. Would be nice to allow kids with USA wrestling cards free or reduced fee for entry to get to see what a high school state qualufier looks like. Cost me $21 to get myself and my 3 card carrying kids who were under 10yrs old in to see 2 hrs of wrestling.
Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh

Re: Regional Gate Fee??? - 02/20/16 02:03 AM

That's because kshsaa sucks big time and could care less about your kids club. They should be ashamed, but they are very proud and very powerful. New regime is in order.

Re: Regional Gate Fee??? - 02/20/16 02:19 AM

Too bad...saw some good wrestling and sportsmanship but at that cost I understand why my parents don't come watch. Are all high school sports gate fees similar?? $5 kids & $6 adults?? Tomorrow is $7 for kids and $8 adults?? I can see if it is at an arena. But I ran a novice tourney at same location and profited $ at gate fees of $2 for 12 and older. AND I payed an outrageous school rental fee.
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: Regional Gate Fee??? - 02/20/16 11:31 AM

I wish I could start a business where I take no risk, demand half or more of the gross proceeds, build a palace in Topeka, expand playoffs to expand my revenue, and create a machine that is operated by a dictator that is IMPOSSIBLE to change so there can be no improvement. Sounds a lot like the cosa nostra. Don Musselman and his syndicate.
Posted By: CWB

Re: Regional Gate Fee??? - 02/21/16 01:51 AM

Kshsaa Is a joke. It is unreal with all the crap rules they place on HS coaches /kids. The crap about not getting to train any where but your HS is nuts. Some of the 321A teams have to wrestle 30+ to more apart for a partner. It should be any one in 321A can go to ant 4A/5A or 6A and train with them. This give kids partners that do not have partners now.
It should be looked at as KS against the nation.There is only so many collages out there,KS kids should be the ones getting them.
Posted By: Coach Malay

Re: Regional Gate Fee??? - 02/21/16 02:04 AM

Is KSHSAA holding the state brackets hostage?
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Regional Gate Fee??? - 02/21/16 02:16 AM

They have released them anywhere between 9pm and midnight in past years...
Posted By: Coach Malay

Re: Regional Gate Fee??? - 02/21/16 02:24 AM

I understand but if the seeds are saved and the brackets are built like it says they have been for the last 45 minutes then why not release them.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums