Kansas Wrestling

High school nationals

Posted By: Coach Malay

High school nationals - 03/15/22 04:58 PM

What are the qualifications for going to high school Nationals? Is it still state finalist?
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: High school nationals - 03/20/22 03:28 AM

No. I know it is preferred but lot of individuals go that don't even place in state. Still a great tournament yo get seen. Naughton at Lawrence or Stout at Abilene would be good ones to connect with on it.
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: High school nationals - 03/27/22 02:16 AM

Four in the finals!!!!

Damian Mendez
Luke Barker
Dylan Elmore
Sebastian Lopez
Posted By: nate

Re: High school nationals - 03/28/22 10:13 PM

Hello,

There are no requirements of being a state finalist anymore. The seeds at each division is based on overall record and placing.But, that doesn’t always get you a seed. Luke Barker was unseeded and won. Damian was seeded #1.

We had a total of 31 wrestlers from Kansas freshman through seniors wrestling. We came home with 2 Champions, 2 Runner-Ups, 2 5ths, and a 7th place. We had around 10 coaches helping out and a couple of parents. We also had 3 wrestlers compete in the middle school division on Sunday.

Next year we are going to start promoting this trip earlier. Some of the wrestlers competing this week will also compete in Iowa. Some of the wrestlers are getting ready for freestyle next greco season.

I will get a more detail post of the results tomorrow or the next day.

If you have any questions, please email me at pnaughto@usd497.org put NHSCA in the subject line
Thank you,!!!!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums