Kansas Wrestling

2006 Kansas City Christmas Tournament

Posted By: wrestleoffs

2006 Kansas City Christmas Tournament - 01/02/06 12:33 AM

December (15-16) 06 Christmas Tournament has been finalized and announced. This event will be held at the KCI EXPO Center located near the Kansas City International Airport, site of the 2005 and 2006 Cadet National Duals. There are still around 3 spots left. If any coaches interested can contact the KCWA at kansascitywrestlingassoc@yahoo.com or dormanp@pcriii.k12.mo.us

Committed teams include:

Platte County (MO),
Oak Grove (MO),
Raymore-Peculair (MO),
Ft. Zumwalt West (MO),
Liberty (MO),
Omaha Skutt (NE),
Omaha Creighton Prep (NE)
Park Hill South (MO),
Manhappiness (KS),
Park Hill (MO),
Collins Hill (GA),
Norman North (OK),
Phillipsburg (NJ),
Centerville (IA),
Colonial Forge (VA),
Hutchinson (KS),
Garden City (KS),
Blue Springs (MO),
Clovis (CA),
Farmington (MO)
Posted By: Meven Stiller

Re: 2006 Kansas City Christmas Tournament - 01/02/06 04:57 AM

sounds nice....some of those teams are comin along way
Posted By: Scarecrow_103

Re: 2006 Kansas City Christmas Tournament - 01/02/06 05:58 PM

How did they get teams to come all the way from, Ca, Ga, Nj, and Va?
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: 2006 Kansas City Christmas Tournament - 01/02/06 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarecrow_103:
How did they get teams to come all the way from, Ca, Ga, Nj, and Va?
What do you mean how did they? It was well planned and is a national caliber tournament. They announced this tournament would come about the same time as the FHSU people announced the Best of the Best, the main difference is this is a team style tournament, whereas Hays is open and exclusive to Kansas wrestlers. Add in the fact they decided to plan for an extra year and you have some early commitments.
Posted By: chewbacca

Re: 2006 Kansas City Christmas Tournament - 01/02/06 09:00 PM

is this tournament on the same date as one of the other major national-caliber tournaments like the Beast of the East or the Ironman?
Posted By: Scarecrow_103

Re: 2006 Kansas City Christmas Tournament - 01/02/06 10:08 PM

Sweazy I was just wondering because I thought that there was some rule where you could only travel so far outside of your state, or is that just Kansas?
Posted By: NWKFAN#1

Re: 2006 Kansas City Christmas Tournament - 01/02/06 10:14 PM

That is a rule in Kansas, but not in most states.

I think 500 miles from the state line is the Kansas rule, but most states' high school activities associations have enough sense to not have idiotic rules like this.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: 2006 Kansas City Christmas Tournament - 01/02/06 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by theman:
That is a rule in Kansas, but not in most states.

I think 500 miles from the state line is the Kansas rule, but most states' high school activities associations have enough sense to not have idiotic rules like this.
I have heard even stranger rules for some states that they can't wrestle someone from a state that is further than 500 miles. I think Illinois or Indiana got in a situation in a tournament where they had to forfeit at a tournament against some wrestlers.
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: 2006 Kansas City Christmas Tournament - 01/03/06 02:43 PM

This tournament has also done a fantastic job at recruiting teams on the national forums. Hopefully it continues to build and becomes one of the tops in the Midwest.
Posted By: matro

Re: 2006 Kansas City Christmas Tournament - 01/06/06 05:22 PM

This holiday tournament looks to be possibly one of the toughest in the country. As of now, there are 4 schools nationally ranked that will compete in this monster!! Not to mention individual top teams from various states. Whoever comes out on top of this one is a STUD!!!!!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums