Kansas Wrestling

Jake Did it 4 timer

Posted By: Lucas Baker

Jake Did it 4 timer - 02/29/04 01:08 AM

Congrats Jake whay to go !!!!!!!!

2-0 over cole
Posted By: wrestlingfan_05

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 02/29/04 04:39 PM

Congrats Jake your such a stud!!! It's even better since your the 1st person from Abilene High School to ever become a 4 TIME STATE CHAMP!! Way to go bud!!
Posted By: chewie

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 02/29/04 05:15 PM

Congrats to Jake
Posted By: mtisch

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 02/29/04 07:19 PM

Jake, your worked so hard to achieve your success. Congratulations!!!! You have always been such an intense and focused wrestler...and demonstrated FIRST CLASS SPORTMANSHIP in ALL your activities.
Posted By: jmadden

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 02/29/04 07:50 PM

Way to GO
Posted By: irishwrestling04

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 02/29/04 11:10 PM

Nice match Jake

------
John Boy

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/02/04 04:55 AM

What s up nate were are you at these days?

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/04/04 04:01 AM

This one got a lot shorter what up were did they go?
Posted By: BlueJay Pride

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/10/04 12:52 AM

Good Job Jake Congrats on being a 4 timer I wish you would of been able to wrestle annon. i wanted to see it. but you werent able to make it
Posted By: oldtimer2003

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/10/04 03:48 AM

congrats jake, but i dont know if he could of kept up with annon, that kid is amazing, ive never seen someone so slick on his feet. would of been a great match though
Posted By: RJW

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/10/04 02:23 PM

I'm sure Jake can "keep up with Annon." I would say Annon being slick on his feet may not help all that much against Jake as it seems that shooting on him will usually get you one place------->ON BOTTOM. Your right though, it is probably a close match.

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/10/04 04:45 PM

lets see orozco dominated garcia from colby at p-burg, annon beat orozco twice so ill give annon the edge prolly a four to five point win for annon.

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/10/04 04:47 PM

oh and im sure being slick on his feet will help, i havent seen anyone stop his duck under or his low-level single. if u care to know how slick he is ask anyone he has wrestled or better yet ask spillman.

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/10/04 05:11 PM

Oldtimer2003-

I don't think Annon would beat Jake by four or five. Your this guy beat this guy who beat this guy argument is one that will never hold water with me. In my opinion Jake would beat Annon by 2 or 3.

Also, be careful about how you classify dominated. I believe it was a three-point match, but you do not have to us logic or fairness when you post behind a false name I guess.

Hey Nigel- this is the first time ever that we probably agree on something and I haven't heard a word out of you. What's up with that???
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/10/04 05:13 PM

Dear Rick:

Geeze, be careful what you wish for.

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/10/04 05:55 PM

I know I should be very careful. What was I thinking?? I'm going to claim temporary insanity.
Posted By: JIB

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/10/04 08:09 PM

Do you think cody Garcia from hutch could beat jake?

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/10/04 09:34 PM

posting behind a false name huh, i dont know what your classifying as false. Annon is way to quick for kreigbaum. Kreigbaum reminds me alot of spillman and annon's quickness is what beat spillman. but i guess will never know, hopefully they wrestle at the senior dual.

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/11/04 04:15 PM

It seems like every one on here doubts Jake.

He is a 4 timer
He lost like 3 times in high school
He was injured at state
I can not wait till nationals we will see.
Good luck Jake !!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/11/04 05:38 PM

what was injured on him? I know Geske was his hand. Did Jake break his jaw? That boy don't smile at all it seems like.

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/12/04 12:31 AM

lol good one swayz, so i suppose his excuse for loosing to garcia is he was injured. Maybe his ego.

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/12/04 12:51 AM

"Everybody" on here does not doubt Jake! In fact anybody that engages brain before posting does not doubt him. He is a four timer and although he has lost a match doesn't mean anybody is better. Both the superbowl world champs and the LSU world champs had a loss.
Posted By: mike fairleigh

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/12/04 01:35 AM

This thread got a little ugly earlier and several posts were deleted, and now here it goes again. Jake Kreigbaum is very, very, good. He won 4 state titles. So have several other young men, including one this year, and none of them have raised such a ruckus like this one. 4 timers are not unique and Jake did not invent wrestling, he is just one of over a dozen 4 time state champions. The feat that he accomplished has my respect, but not my awe, lets try this again after college and see what he is able to do with the fine chance that he has to show his mettle.

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/12/04 01:38 AM

How he does in college has nothing to do with it.
Posted By: GK

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/12/04 01:42 AM

hey oldtimer
if we wanted to be technical about it, Spillman beat himself with his technical violation for figure-fouring the head in overtime, but yes the shot for the takedown was quick which then led into the figure-four. Annon is a good wrestler but Jake would man-handle him!
Posted By: kayleigh

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/12/04 02:10 AM

Jake hurt his back and had to get a shot before the match to numb things..and he was sick...

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/12/04 02:14 AM

Lets compare-- Jason Schippers cut a cast off a broken leg to win a title, and didn't say a thing in the paper about it later. That is what a champion does.
Posted By: Chase

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/12/04 02:15 AM

why do we wrestle if we already know who is going to win? If thats the case we can just skip all the hardwork and weight cutting...

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/12/04 02:23 AM

Oh No Mike Farleigh Oh No
How dare you talk about what champions do and praise Schippers for not saying anything and by insuation appear to be saying that Jake has. I want you to tell me where you heard "JAKE" complain about his injury before or after he went out and won his state tile.
Posted By: jse

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/12/04 02:47 AM

Congrats to Jake,he has represented his self,his family,his school,and the state of Kansas well.A true warrior, and fine young man.He's been a pleasure to know and I'm sure we haven't heard the last of Jake.A young man with his drive and determination will do great things in wrestling and life.He is a CHAMPION Jon Elliott
Posted By: Nigel Isom

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/12/04 04:45 AM

Rick I definatly agree with you. This who he beat this guy that beat this guy that beat jake is not really a a valid aguement. I've never seen Annon wrestle so I can't speak for him. However I have seen Jake wrestle I know his accomplishments, hes only lost 3 matches by a total of like 8 or 9 points. So I don't really see him losing by 4 or 5. If Annon did win which I don't htink he would it would be like a takedown in overtime or something like that. But as someone else says I gues swe'll just see what happens in college.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/12/04 07:31 AM

Quote:
How he does in college has nothing to do with it.
It helps if he does better because it gives more pull for a reason to get a program established in Kansas for D1 for example, if nothing else to add another 4 year program.

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/12/04 12:31 PM

Fanatic--- read the February 29th article in the Wichita Eagle about mr. kriegbaum. it attributes the loss at Regionals to the sickness and back pain. Quotes Mr. Kriegbaum and his coach talking about the injury and sickness. I have yet to read anythiing anywhere about mr. Schippers' ordeal. The comparisonI made was a poorly chosen one and I respect Mr. Kriegbaums accomplishment.
I will leave it at that.
Posted By: Boogy Man

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/12/04 01:45 PM

Hey Pug,

News Flash...

Annon flat beat Spillman. He was in so deep on him that all Spillman could do to try and save his own butt was to react the way he did. What the hey.. Annon either wins by Tech Violation or by take down, take your pick, Spillman did. Can't change the past. Great match by two terrific wrestlers.
Posted By: GK

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/13/04 02:38 AM

Thanks Boogie Man,
Not quite sure what your arguement is because I don't recall that I wanted to change the past especially since I couldn't care less about the match. The only thing I said was "Technically" Spillman beat himself. Thanks for the News Flash though bud! needed that one!

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/13/04 05:07 AM

Mike did you take off the posts? if you did not not do you know who did?

D tovar Just beat Abbey He is an All American.

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/13/04 09:21 PM

Nope, I think they were removed due to their inflamatory nature and likely deservedly so. This 4x champ comparison deal can get a little wound up and I must admit I got wound up too. If Phillips or one of the other moderators chose to delete some things that were said earlier, I think it was for the best. Mr Kreigbaum deserves the accolades that his fans give him for his wrestling ability, and a lot of us older guys get caught up in proper behavior, which has nothing to do with wrestling skill. Congratulations to mr. Kriegbaum for his accomplishments, and best of luck to him in the future.
Posted By: Dingbat

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/14/04 12:12 AM

Yeah, well, either way, nigel sucks.

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/14/04 12:47 AM

I talked to Mr phillips he did not remove it i would like to know who did.

IF it wernt for comments like that dingbat this fourm would not have been edited!

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/14/04 12:59 AM

I didn"t think that anyone except the poster could delete a statement. I know that there were several posts both pro and con that were deleted. It is really wierd that this one and no other subjects that I know of were tampered with. regrettably, Mr. Phillips is not nearly as busy on here as he should be, sometimes.

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/14/04 01:02 AM

Bob said that he is not the only person that can delete topics i did not ask the other guys.

Re: Jake Did it 4 timer - 03/14/04 01:03 AM

I had my life story removed
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums