Kansas Wrestling

Akin is returning

Posted By: ericakinwrestling.com

Akin is returning - 09/03/04 07:52 PM

Let me answer some of the rumors and questions out there:

I am coming back to Kansas. . .God's country!
I bought a new home in Gardner and move mid September. I need Chief tickets!!!

It is true that. . . .
I am starting my own wrestling academy. Location, date, and times are finalized. All the info will be on my NEWLY DESIGNED web site, ericakinwrestling.com, by early next week. I am finishing the application form and other details.

By midweek next week wrestlers will be able to apply on line, but registration is limited because of details like space and coach to athlete ratios.

Yes. . .I will be competing in the upcoming Real Pro Wrestling event in October. They are featuring single elimination 8-man tournaments at each weight. I have a loaded weight with 5 world team members, 4 Olympic silver medalists, 2 world champions, and multiple NCAA champs (Eric Akin, Steve Abas, Sammie Henson, Dennis Hall, Teague Moore, Brandon Paulson, Jeff Prescott, Lindsay Durlacher).

See ya all soon.
Posted By: rocknraider

Re: Akin is returning - 09/05/04 06:09 PM

Dear god, ur competition is ridicious Mr. Akin.
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: Akin is returning - 09/05/04 07:15 PM

Dear Suh:

What do you mean by "ridicious"?
Posted By: Brett Shoffner

Re: Akin is returning - 09/05/04 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RichardDSalyer:
Dear Suh:

What do you mean by "ridicious"?
Dang Ben, Salyer just punk'd you.

hehee.

Re: Akin is returning - 09/05/04 08:41 PM

Yeah, it's a pretty loaded weight class. Here's the scary thing about the rules: if you get called for passivity you go down in the par-terre position for 20 seconds, it's greco only for that time period, and only the top guy's points count.

With Dennis Hall and Brandon Paulson in there it could mean some serious flight lessons for some guys!
Posted By: K Klemm

Re: Akin is returning - 09/05/04 09:11 PM

Here's to hoping Real Pro is the new FILA. Take it to the bank, NOT the beach.
Posted By: usawks1

Re: Akin is returning - 09/06/04 06:37 PM

Very witty there Kevin!

It sounds like the Eastern part of the State will make a resurgence with intructors like Medina and Akin (welcome home).

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Re: Akin is returning - 09/06/04 08:26 PM

A Dennis Hall/Brandon Paulson match up again in RPW would be outstanding. Those two guys r freak'n warriors.

Re: Akin is returning - 09/06/04 10:33 PM

That is freakin' hilarious Kevin! Can you believe that beach wrestling stuff. We knew Fila was crazy but wow! Now Harper will be reffing on one big ash tray. ha ha
Posted By: P. Pitbull's Old Dog

Re: Akin is returning - 09/07/04 12:49 PM

I keep hearing but I don't see him yet!

Randy you remember last year when we were talking about the Metro classic and Kansas getting whoopped. I and I think we all have (Kansas wrestling family) have been waiting for Eric to come back and help us with this battle of making Kansas the powerhouse it can be in the sport of wrestling.

Hell I got up and ran this morning. Fun time is just around the corner, I think, I hope, I pray,

Welcome Back Eric (when you get here)

The Party is just about to get started, UP IN HERE !

Coach Peterman

Re: Akin is returning - 09/07/04 02:09 PM

Thanks a lot Tom. I've been meaning to call you, because I want you to be a big part of East Kansas Club, MatSide Academy, and all the other wrestling stuff we do.

ps I'm Glad you ran this morning and are training as usual. I need training partners as soon as I show up in about 10 days. My training situation went totally south here in Lincoln, NE. and I gotta get ready for RPW.
Posted By: usawks1

Re: Akin is returning - 09/07/04 02:36 PM

Tom's ready ... Eric's ready ... I'm ready ... what about a few wrestlers?
Posted By: LancerM

Re: Akin is returning - 09/07/04 03:06 PM

This really makes me want to come out of retirement.

Re: Akin is returning - 09/08/04 02:28 AM

We gotta get you some cyborg legs before u try to wrestle again.
Posted By: LancerM

Re: Akin is returning - 09/08/04 09:07 PM

Hey, I went find on these crappy things for a while. And I'm WAY ahead of rehab schedule.

Can you say rec club? I've got some major pent up energy too, it's going to be great for the first 30 seconds until I pass out. Jhris was talking about coming too.
Posted By: Larry Perez

Re: Akin is returning - 09/09/04 11:34 PM

Hey Eric,
Thanks for the pointer in Nebraska. My dad and I were just watching the tape we bought of yours. Welcome back to Kansas. Maybe you can swing over to Topeka High once in a while

Larry Perez
Glad your back!!

Re: Akin is returning - 09/10/04 03:28 AM

Im calling you out now Mark and you too Jennings, your scrawny butts are mine.

Re: Akin is returning - 09/10/04 02:12 PM

Hey Larry anytime. I'll plan some future stuff in Topeka eventually. I'm trying to get together some FREE fall and spring clinics for any Kansas wrestlers with USAW cards. Not sure which areas they will be in, but I should have a couple of those set up for this fall really soon.

good luck this year and take it easy.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums