Kansas Wrestling

Strongest Wrestlers

Posted By: wrestling20

Strongest Wrestlers - 02/10/04 01:21 AM

Who are the strongest wrestlers in the state in each weight class?
Posted By: Scarecrow_103

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/10/04 02:09 AM

Andy Hurla (STA) and Paul Hansen (Turner) Both have muscles in their Fingernails .
Posted By: Scarecrow_103

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/10/04 02:10 AM

Also Kyle Grape From Lansing .
Posted By: Dingbat

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/10/04 02:15 AM

Not Chris Jennings.
Posted By: JhrisCennings

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/10/04 02:24 AM

Yeah I agree with Dingbat. Chris Jennings has zero muscle on his body. I, however, have muscles on top of muscles. I also heard that Damon Parker is a Fatty McFatterson and isn't strong at all.
Posted By: bswitz171

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/10/04 02:24 AM

Last year I would have to say that Troy Medill was the strongest but this year I think the strongest I've seen would probably have to be Kyle Davis or Nate Payne.
Posted By: weatherhead 112

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/10/04 02:46 AM

tait weatherbee looks pretty strong for 125
Posted By: Glick125

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/10/04 03:00 AM

I remember last year at 125 Spillman (sp?) from Hoxie used to rep out the one handed pushups before his match.
Posted By: craig adams

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/10/04 12:33 PM

why?
Posted By: jb83

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/10/04 01:17 PM

What about Jeff Horinek and Jordan Bedore?
Posted By: boach_clack

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/10/04 03:07 PM

I would have to agree with Jhris....He has muscles on top of muscles....and alon that Pamon Darker is a Fatty McFatterson.
Posted By: ufc

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/10/04 04:16 PM

yea spillman was a very strong kid he was a senior though

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/10/04 11:53 PM

Blake Malloy from Shawnee Heights has legs the size of tree trunks, John Kosko from Emporia looks real strong, Brandon Hancock from Goddard, David Ehert from Washburn Rural is stacked as ****, Lukas Zouzas is definately the strongest wrestler at 140lbs, and Danny Grater is a brick wall, it is impossible to shoot on him...just ask Sequoia(sp?) Hill.
Posted By: rocknraider

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/11/04 12:26 AM

Tommy Edgemon has to be a huge 112lber, he was pretty big last yr as a 112lber. I cant imagine how huge he is for a 12 now...
Posted By: smellykneepads

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/11/04 03:34 AM

valley center's 215 pounder.... HUGE!!
Posted By: Chase

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/11/04 11:16 PM

Chadd Posch, and the wichita height 189 looked stronger then yokozuna's grip on a cupcake
Posted By: irishwrestling04

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 12:13 AM

i would have to say Blake Malloy, and Zac Sheets

-----
John Boy
Posted By: wrestling101.

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 12:38 AM

I think that Perez is a very strong 103lb. wrestler. He pinned Paul Hansen (Turner) in like the 1st period at I think Salina South or something like that. On top of it all he has a wicked snake.
Posted By: JhrisCennings

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 12:38 AM

Yeah, but Valley Center's 215 didn't place at Newton if I recall. The finalists were fat as crap. I repeat, fat as crap. Zero muscle at all.
Posted By: ABartels

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 03:36 AM

The strongest ive ever wrestled is Steve Fisher from missouri. That guy put me in the front 3 quaters and my neck hurt for weeks, or more like days but weeks sounded better.
Posted By: D. Petrosky

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 03:44 AM

The Valley Center Guy (Josh Cravens), he is a very big looking guy, but it is only his second year out for the sport and it seems like he doesn't really know how to use all the muscle he does have. He is a good football player though.
Posted By: Nigel Isom

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 04:24 AM

Strongest Wrestler I've ever wresteld would have been a tie between Clint Janulis from Wamego and Joel Calovich from Chapman, they both had huge arms and legs, it was a chore
Posted By: Jordon Best

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 01:46 PM

Ross Taplin is pretty strong at 160
Posted By: chewie

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 01:53 PM

I know Klint Janulis. He is a strong guy. Always tried the chin drop and it worked a lot because of his strength. Dave Karnowski was pretty strong also.
Posted By: T-Bird 171#

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 02:21 PM

Strongest wrestler ever to come out of Kansas was Jeff Boyles from Norton. He wrestled Hwt. About 5-10 years ago. Complete Monster.
Posted By: maximus

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 03:25 PM

Zach Hemmerling from Hutchinson was a monster. He looked like he weighed about 250 wrestling 215. I felt sorry for anyone who had to wrestle him.
Posted By: someoldguy

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 03:30 PM

Janulis had the biggest calves I have ever seen in my life!
Posted By: chewie

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 04:11 PM

I would agree that Boyle was one of the strongest ever in Kansas. I would also agree that Janulis has huge calves.
Posted By: Jake Johnston 157#

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 04:22 PM

Why don't people start posting these guy's max on bench, power clean, or squat? Then it would be easier to compare.
Posted By: Computerized Shoes

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 06:13 PM

I benched 220 once

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 07:21 PM

Circle High had a wrestler who never finished due to injuries and other reasons, but he still holds 6 lifting records 4 in 200 weigth class which are his better ones and two from the 250 which were established his soph. year. but he benched 365

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 07:23 PM

But the reason you can't compare with lifts is the fact that your not lifting weight in wrestling it's complicated to explain
Posted By: ron jeremy

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 07:45 PM

I saw Taylor Finley of colby crush a rock with his bare hand one time..that kids got a death grip!
Posted By: Dingbat

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/12/04 07:55 PM

T-Bird definitely hit it right on the head. Weight room strength and mat room strength are completely different. I have wrestled man-monsters who weren't very strong, and I have wrestled pudgy guys who have a death grip. It all depends.

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/13/04 12:06 AM

I heard Aaron Bingham squated 980 pounds. That guy is a monster. I also heard that Kyle Potter benched 545 pounds 20 times.
Posted By: weatherhead 112

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/13/04 01:49 AM

kyle strait last year was a monster last year he benched 400 pounds
Posted By: nwklkixs

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/13/04 02:31 AM

boyle was in a league by himself. Ubben from phillipsburg was also pretty big too
Posted By: LoveToWrestle

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/13/04 02:41 AM

Luke Geske from Abilene wrestles 125, but looks about 152...he is a monster!
Posted By: number two

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/13/04 02:59 AM

pat moore from winfield 189 kids a monster size wise. benchs 350 i think? up and coming on the mat as well 23-8 this year so far 2nd in avl behind macfarlan of derby
Posted By: rocknraider

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/13/04 05:28 AM

Matt Miller(SME) last yr was the strongest wrestler i have ever wrestled. He had some crazy strong legs and grip. His snake was like a death choke.
Posted By: atownwrestler

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/13/04 04:54 PM

the strongest wrestler ive ever seen in kansas is matt weishar (sp?) he graduated a couple of years ago but he was a 215 pounder and he was all beef
Posted By: Powerlion

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/13/04 05:59 PM

There isnt any doubt that the strongest wrestler in kansas was Jeff Boyle from norton that guy was a freak of nature
Posted By: number2bigguy

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/25/04 01:58 AM

I dono what you guys think, but i think Steven Foster a freshman is pretty strong, he is about 6'3 and with a 28-3 record, only freshman in the state in 3-2-1 A that qualified above 160 lbs. , I think by his senoir year this kid will be a monster. he will win state prolly his junoir and senoir year. maybe even his Sophmore year. he only weighs i think 200 lbs. wrestling 215.

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/25/04 02:00 AM

I dono what you guys think, but i think Steven Foster a freshman is pretty strong, he is about 6'3 and with a 28-3 record, only freshman in the state in 3-2-1 A that qualified above 160 lbs. , I think by his senoir year this kid will be a monster. he will win state prolly his junoir and senoir year. maybe even his Sophmore year. he only weighs i think 200 lbs. wrestling 215.

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/25/04 02:00 AM

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/25/04 02:01 AM

sorry
Posted By: BigPin22

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/25/04 02:14 AM

pound for pound Earl Jones is definately one of the strongest.
Posted By: Computerized Shoes

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/25/04 02:46 AM

Camber Boor has a mad Bench and Squat...that kid won't put down the weights!
Posted By: kansas kid

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/25/04 03:46 AM

There are many strong wrestlers out there. For the majority of wrestlers who have a large amount of muscle are not even at their full potential. The more muscle you have the more oxygen it takes to feed them. Most of the wrestlers should have better cardio endurance to adequately suplement their muscles. Wrestling is more about leverage and explosions. In most of my matches I am trying to pull things closer to me. For example you pull a leg to you and then explode through it to a finish. Last of all nothing beats motion.
Posted By: Wrestlingiscrazy

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/25/04 04:02 AM

I would have to say after watching Joey Ortiz from Ulysses and Tait Weatherbee from TMP in their finals match at the Hays Sr. Prairie Classic, they both look very ripped and strong for being only 125lbs, i would hate to getin to a ring with one of those two boys!
Posted By: letswrestle

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/25/04 12:20 PM

Jeff Boyle from nortopn takes the cake if you are talking about strong. Biggest heavy I've ever seen. Threee state titles to go along with those muscles.
Posted By: Coach Brown

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/25/04 06:41 PM

I am old school and here are a few strong guys from the early 90's, lets see if anyone remembers. There was always Jeff Showalter(Steriod Baby as we called him) from Nickerson he won a few titles I think, Chris Tillman from Pratt was the strongest guy I ever wrestled and that was mostly in practice(I might be a little bias here being from Pratt) also a state title and 4 time placer, Steve Mesa from Garden City was a brute in high school even though he finished 2nd 4 times in state(sorry steve don't hit me when I see you on Saturday), Keith Blaske from Onaga was a monster at FHSU and was the biggest hvywht I ever knew ( he actually had a six pack and had to cut to make hvywht), Mike Baumis(sp) from Manhattan was and is strong, Bobby Lashley from Junction City was and still is a specimen of human anatomy, Ben Coleman from Manhattan had the strongest legs of anyone I ever wrestled(once again I only wrestled him in practice), Jeremy Vath from Salina Central had a cobra back and looked like he was a 189pder when he wrestled 135 and I wrestled him again in college at 134 of course he had all upper body and no legs with a 20 inch waist, Boyle was huge of course, Brit Madison from Ulysses was another steriod baby like showalter( meaing instead of formula his mommy put HGH in his bottle when he was a baby), and lastly a hugh heavy weight who's arms dragged the ground when he walked from Kansas City Wyandotte Jerry Corner(sp) when I went to Freestyle Nationals with him in 93 he was enormous!!!
Just some history for you all to enjoy!
Posted By: k-dogg13

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/25/04 07:39 PM

I think Jerry Corner went to West High. But he was a huge mammajamma.
Posted By: ron jeremy

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/26/04 02:23 AM

mammajamma hahahhahahhahhahahhahahahahhahahahhaha
Posted By: buhlerwrestling

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/29/04 03:10 AM

It is about time someone finally realizes that I cant put down the weights. Its to bad I didnt make it to state because cutting the weight I did kinda sucks I couldnt give it a chance at winning it or at least placing. Going to lift and get bigger for next year and win state.
Posted By: mike fairleigh

Re: Strongest Wrestlers - 02/29/04 04:12 AM

Bedore (Goodland hvy) Horenik (Atwood 215) Cornejo (Campus 140) and Burtin (103, Eureka) super talent and STRONG!!!!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums