Kansas Wrestling

Underated Wrestlers

Posted By: JoeStud@TOHK

Underated Wrestlers - 01/25/04 04:43 AM

Who are some of the most underrated wrestlers that just don't get enough respect?
Posted By: JhrisCennings

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/25/04 01:58 PM

Lee Larson from Manhattan is a pretty good wrestler that no one knows. His record this year is somewhere around 20-7, with losses coming to Scott from Smith Center, Marrs from Clay Center(I think 3 close losses to this guy), Pietrizljoihrhpxzzod from Salina South, Butler from JC, and Ehret from Washburn Rural. That is quite a list of wrestlers to have to wrestle in one year. A lot of these matches have been close too. Watch for this guy to shock a few people at state. He has placed 3rd at Newton and 4th at Beloit, with loses to Marrs at Newton and Marrs again at Beloit as well as Scott.
Posted By: imawarrior04

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/26/04 02:19 AM

Ryan heffley 275lbs from Basehor-Linwood records around 20-5 with two of them loses comin from payne then beats payne 2-0 in the finals at paola.Tournament finishes 1st at effingham, 2nd at bonner springs, 4th at bobcat classic ,an 1st at paola.
Posted By: markschieber

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/26/04 02:53 AM

Taylor Bauer from Olathe East. He's been wrestling a lot better this year. His record is +20-7 (or something like that, I'm not sure). But he's lost to Cisper and Davis, both of whom are in the Best 171 poll, in overtime. He should fare well at State.
Posted By: Marbla

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/26/04 02:59 AM

Zack Hentzen, the maize 140 pounder. I've gone 1-1 with him this year and I can tell you that he's going to be a very good wrestler in a couple of years.
Posted By: bswitz171

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/26/04 03:02 AM

Taylor Bauer is ranked 5th so I wouldn't really consider him underrated. He did wrestle very good against Davis but then he ended up losing to the Coffeyville kid on the back side.
Posted By: candyman

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/26/04 03:09 AM

Nate boyer is good. started out the year rough but has really come on. He placed 3rd at Newton and first at Beloit. He is a jr. at 171
Posted By: ABartels

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/26/04 03:16 AM

Bauer still doesn't get any respect though...besides the rankings. He's got screwed in many tournments this year because of the way he was seeded.
Posted By: who am i

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/26/04 03:18 AM

That may be, but if he's underrated then he should beat the seeding

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/26/04 03:21 AM

Well seeds don't really mean that much. They go by your winning percentage and who has beat who. Not by how good of a wrestler you are for the most part. And if he is getting screwed on seeds, that should be added motivation to win.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/26/04 03:33 AM

It wasn't the seeding that screwed him over at P.V. it was Davis's unrelenting assualt on his balls.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/26/04 03:38 AM

I wrestled Davis in the finals and he seems to have a real anger issue too. I might have noticed that in his match against Davis.
Posted By: rocknraider

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/26/04 05:50 AM

alex currie....having a strong season after being behind ali sultani and brett runyon last yr.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 02:33 AM

bswitz171 for awhile I thought you were Davis. But since your not. I will come out and say: I didn't like Davis very much at Paire View. He wrestles very dirty and starts with a tight waste (which no ref ever picked up on). I don't even know the guy but I cheered against him hoping someone else would beat him. So I guess at point I cheered for you bswitz171. The IRONY.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 02:43 AM

Yes I do know what you were talking about with the tight waist but he also is moving forward when they blow the whistle which gave him more of an advantage. I was watching the match on tape today and I noticed he seemed to like to ride my junk also. Whether he wrestles dirty or not he's still a very good wrestler. I wish I would have been more prepared and I wish we could have wrestled before 11:45.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 02:47 AM

That dude was huge and a good wrestler but I would like to see someone beat him.
Posted By: LoveToWrestle

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 02:55 AM

Davis only did one thing wrong at Prairie View....and that was when he had his leg on the kids arm...that was it... He wrestles legal... It's called... "extreme legal pain". You only wish someone could beat him, cuz you never would be able to do it yourself.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 02:58 AM

I may see him at state(saying that I qualify first). Did you wrestle at the pv tournament?
Posted By: D. Petrosky

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:01 AM

Davis is a bad *** and you all are just mad because none of you can beat him.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:08 AM

If you are referring to my comments I did say he was a very good wrestler. As a wrestler I don't blaim him for trying to gain any advantage possible and for the most part everythang was legal and he did cause much pain. As for beating him, I do believe I can do so but as of right now he's beat me pretty good and I can't really say anything. I believe the score was 5-1.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:11 AM

Pardon me sir, but I weigh a mere 130 lbs (the morning of weigh-in cough cough). So yeah I probably will never ever be able to beat Davis.

Unless,
I gain about 40 pounds of muscle in the next month. But then my man parts would be the size of who knows what. But then we might have a match. Or Davis could cut both legs but then we have the Earl Jones factor (4x state champ or maybe is was JUST 3) Overall it's just to risky but maybe next lifetime.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:13 AM

Did you not wrestle at Prarie View A.Bartels?

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:22 AM

INJURED RESERVE sorry. But I'll be back at Sunflower league.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:24 AM

If you haven't noticed alot of Davis's matches are within 5 or 6 points, cuz he keeps it at his pace and dominates the whole time... So losing 5-1 isn't sayin much of ne thing.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:34 AM

Who are you bswitz171?

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:36 AM

By the way, did you actually score on him, or was that point given to you by the ref. Kyle is rarely scored on, 90% of the time it is refs calling stuff on him because they do not like his style of wrestling.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:40 AM

Quote:
So losing 5-1 isn't sayin much of ne thing.
Dude be careful how you talk on this forum because Prant is the Grammar Police and would be all over that abv. "ne thing" in a sec. I clearly have nothing against it but just be careful.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:40 AM

If you read my last comment I said "he beat me pretty good so I can't really say anything". So therefore I noticed that I was beat pretty good. To find my name all you have to do is go to the results page saying I wrestled him in the finals at the pv tournament. I'm Brandon Switzer to save you some time though. Who are you two?

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:47 AM

I am Daniel Petrosky 215, a team mate of Kyle's.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:51 AM

Davis is a bad***, there is no doubt about that. And he wrestles legally and does it very well. I think we're all just saying that we don't enjoy being hit (or watching our friends being hit) in the junk over and over. But again Davis is one hard mofo, and he is a very good wrestler. And he is hairless.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:52 AM

neato

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:54 AM

He is a very good wrestler and in no way am I claiming to be better. I do hope I get another chance to wrestle him at state though and I have heard that the refs don't tend to call in his favor due to his agressive style of wrestling. You won the 215 pound bracket I believe.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 03:57 AM

highly aggressive around the junk area...which there is nothing wrong with that. 4A wrestlers are entitled to there own style. We just don't push for that in 6A. Nothing against 4A because most could kick my @$$.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 04:00 AM

I am Corey Shetler another one of his team mates, I didn't get to wrestle at PV due to an injury. Also he wasn't hitting the guy in the balls he was doin a legal move... trying to break the guy down by pushing his body back into the mat by puttin his arm on his but and pushing him down to the mat. Iowa taught us this move and many college wrestlers use it, and they call it the "waterfront". So nice try....

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 04:15 AM

You just don't get it, the victim has a girl friend. Plus what are you accomplishing by hitting him in the junk. Can't you just wait until collge to use your WATERFRONT. One of these days your going to ruin a mans career in more important physical activities. Wrestling is a brutal sport but have the common curtsy to stay away from another mans junk. Thats all we ask.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 04:22 AM

We know it's legal. And we all agree Davis is tight. But do you like being hit in junk?

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 07:08 AM

Corey Shetler-
How r u doing? I was wondering how the season was going for u and why u arent at 119? Also i talk to Thad Snider all the time at my Oliver Dorm. He is a cool dude.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 07:26 AM

I have to mention at least 3 guys from Dickinson County that make my list for underated (though there could easily be more):

Colby Monnington (Herington)
Dylon Jenne (Abilene)
Anthony Westby (Chapman)

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 12:14 PM

once again...it's not the balls he's hittin you in...but whatever. My knee has been gettin hurt on and off, i haven't really gotten a chance to totally get in shape... I wrestled Delforge the other night and lost 4-2, and I started wrestling again only 3 days prior to that. So I'm still tryin to get my conditioning back. I'm doin alright, thanks for askin though.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/27/04 06:50 PM

Yeah, being in good shape is a key to rocket wrestling. u guys r always in top condition if memory serves right. In our match i thought my lungs were going to explode wrestling u at prairie view last yr.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/28/04 12:33 AM

Haha, thanks for the compliment. Yea Thad told me he talks to you alot out there, I'll have to say hey, next time I make it out there.
Posted By: RhWrestler2004

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/28/04 02:26 AM

Lets face it kyle is a **** good wrestler. When he wrestles he wrestles to win and if he has to use pain cause your sitting there doing nothing then thats fine(VC)
Posted By: maximus

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/28/04 02:39 AM

As a man, I can attest that being hit in the balls is the worst pain ever. However, being that assaulting the balls, or attacking someone's "waterfront" is a completely legal and affective move, I simply suggest a change in wrestling style on whoever's part is being hit. Good wrestlers find ways to win and others make excuses for losing.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/28/04 02:51 AM

Couldn't put it better my self, Thadius!

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/28/04 03:19 AM

Hell Ya!
Posted By: Furry Currie

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/28/04 03:41 AM

thanks suh, on saying im doing good this year.. you know i do what i can, with the currie mama power
Posted By: K-state fan

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/28/04 03:53 AM

Brandon Wise of Pittsburg is pretty underated but he vould beat almost anybody out there with only 1 loss..
Posted By: K-state fan

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/28/04 03:54 AM

*could*

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/28/04 05:54 AM

No prob currie mama! and by the way, u gotta tell me the double dual results fool!
Posted By: bigkneepads#4

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/28/04 10:31 PM

Nathatan Brockelman 119
jeremy Harding 140

two tough young wrestlers from norton that are capapble of riasing some eyebrows
Posted By: k-dogg13

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/28/04 10:51 PM

Is Jeremy related to J.B.?

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/29/04 12:02 AM

I didn't lose to Davis, I not making accuses because I've never wrestled him. All i'm saying is that he hit OE 171 pounder in the junk. Not complaining for the lose, just that he was hit in the junk multiple times. If that's Davis style of wrestling, and he wants to be aggressive around the sack area. Thats cool. i guess. I don't have to wrestle him anytime soon so what does it matter to me. the fact is that he will continue to hit people in the manparts because he likes to i guess. not that infering that he's queer or anything, he just likes to be agressive on the genital area. And thats fine...
Posted By: smnwrestler2004

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/29/04 01:09 AM

Yes, i will have to agree with abartles on this one. Although i think davis is a great wrestler and would probably tear me a new one if i ever wrestled him. He did hit not only bauer in the junk several times, but hit also did it to our 171 pounder in the junk several times. And on bauer being underrated, i totally agree. If you are ranked 5th in state, you shouldn't have to wrestle pigtails just to get into the tournament, and then have to wrestle the number one seed.
Posted By: NortonSpectator

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/29/04 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by k-dogg13:
Is Jeremy related to J.B.?
yes Jeremy and jon (twins) are J.B's brothers and i do believe jermey is doing very well this year so far

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/29/04 02:08 AM

OH SNAPS!!!

(Sorry I just had to get that in before the Rose Hill Nazis come in and ruin any fun with their absolute and total seriousness. Which raises an interesting dilemma; while I was at the PV Tournament i spoke with some Rose Hill guys and they were quite pleasant and easygoing, offering a stark contrast to those that are on the forum. Before the RH guys come and "waterfront" me into womanhood i'd just like everyone to remember that Kyle Davis is a bad ***.)

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/29/04 02:18 AM

I beg to differ, he had some sort of number on his head or something. The shaved head adds much intimidation to him. He must be a very dedicated person to shave everything like that.
Posted By: Coachjt

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/29/04 02:36 AM

Kyle has a condition (I can't remember what it is called) where his hair doesn't come in all the way (he has some bald spots) so it is easier for him to just shave everything.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/29/04 02:44 AM

my bad.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/29/04 03:29 AM

Yeah how about you find out what you are talking about before you open your mouth and start dissing on Davis, he can not help that he can't grow hair... by the way it is called Alopecia.
Posted By: Coachjt

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/29/04 04:28 AM

Hey let's just calm down, there is no reason to slam people.
Posted By: maximus

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/29/04 04:30 AM

I don't think that the Rose Hill guys are being too serious at all. Comments were made towards one of their teammates and they felt it necessary to say something back. They are just getting each other's back just like anyone on a team would do for another teammate. I think it's best to aggree: Kyle's a bad a**, he wrestles aggresively, and he's bald and can't help.
Posted By: bigkneepads#4

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/29/04 10:24 PM

jeremy's brother john (also brother of JB) filled in for norton at 119 at the JR durham (norton invite) to place 2 wrestling cale farber extremely close in a match that could have gone either way! those two will be quite a force to reckon with and might even attract some attention come regionals and state this year

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/30/04 01:52 AM

Rose Hill guys, I apologize for any of the ignorant comments made earlier, and all along I have said that Davis is tight. My only objection ever in this "argument" was to him hitting my teammate in the nuts so many times. I realize that there is no point in continuing our dispute, because we obviously have very different views and no one is going to change anyone's mind. Your team has my respect. Peace.
Posted By: JhrisCennings

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/30/04 02:22 AM

Petrosky needs to chill out before we go Kids State on his behind.
Posted By: RhWrestler2004

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/30/04 04:29 AM

Daniel has every right to say or do what he wants. We all know that kyle is good and that Rose Hill takes pride in there wrestling program. and if anything were not uptight and we have fun...(winning is fun)...kyle injoys winning even if that means it causes the other guy pain...i mean face it we all know that were going to get hurt. It's the risk we all take. Get over it.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 01/30/04 04:17 PM

RHwrestler2004, you're not to smart are you. If I feel it neccesary to defend my self I will. If you didn't notice there was little smile faces by Jhris's post therefore he wasn't being a jerk, just giving me crap.
Posted By: ArMyOFone

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/02/04 06:21 PM

Philip Hasty, Miguel Arreola, and Anthony Lopez from KC-Sumner Academy
Aaron Bird-Turner
Both Payne-s - Paola
Adrian Rios-Turner
Derek Trammel - Springhill
Mitch Artist-Glen
Malloy-Shawnee Heights
Tony Gutierrez - Turner
Newbill-Schagle
Posted By: GoldenDomer

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/02/04 08:53 PM

Aren't these supposed to be underrated wrestlers? Payne is a two time state champ, Malloy is wrestling better than just about anybody else in the state, and Mitch Artist isn't even from Kansas.
Posted By: k-nad

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/05/04 11:38 PM

Shaun Bauer and Brandon Wise are totally underrated with only 4 lossed between the two of them.I personally think they should be ranked higher!!

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/07/04 05:32 AM

I asked for underated wrestlers and i got WWIII.
But since you guys are talking about Davis, here's what I think. He's a darn good wrestler that deserves respect, especially if you wrestle him. I think him being bald gives him that Vin Diesel look. (That's a compliment) And I can't wait until I see him wrestle at state. He's fun to watch.
Posted By: T-Bird 171#

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/16/04 07:18 PM

Joe Stud I'm YOur Daddy

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/16/04 07:36 PM

Jake, man what happened, you can't be my daddy if you aren't wrestling.
Posted By: hsamuels

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/16/04 10:39 PM

2 underrated wrestlers to look for at state from tonganoxie:Garrett Palmer at 135 and Chad Starcher at 140.Palmer wrestled Middleton from Bonner pretty well at league and Starcher is also a great wrestler
Posted By: Phatfarmer1

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/18/04 01:34 AM

If Bauer is Pittsburgs 130 pounder, he's highly overrated in my opinion.
Posted By: Old Boy

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/18/04 02:22 AM

Without a doubt, Lance Underhill at 171 from Hill City should be ranked. He has beaten Bo Pfannenstiel who is ranked 4th at 171. Bo has beaten him too. I'm not from Hill City, but I'll be there to see him in the finals at regionals.
Posted By: T-Bird 171#

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/18/04 03:40 PM

Underrated: "Slick" Rick Salyer. He's from Circle and the only real match he has had a problem with is Isaac Wall. He's pinned Pittman and Beat Carillo handily
Posted By: SHOCK12

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/18/04 03:58 PM

Andy Brand at #135 is underated. He beat Ashpole at the CTL tournament.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/18/04 04:02 PM

Salyer isnt that good. I only got beat by three and the only reason he beat me is because i got thrown at the start of the match and the ref didnt give me a take down i should of had. I also beat Pitmann at the C.T.L tourney.
Posted By: Circle_Cheerleader

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/18/04 06:48 PM

not trying to sound rude or anything but if he isn't that good then shouldn't you of beaten him anyway without the take down points??? just a thought
Posted By: rosebud4

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/18/04 07:28 PM

AJ Beaudry a junior at Lakin High School at 171 may be one of the most underrated. He has only lost twice this year, once to the State champ from Texas and once to a kid from Colorado.
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/19/04 01:04 AM

Chisholm Trail League Tournament Results

Consolation Finals
112--Rick Salyer, Circle, def. Ryan Shock, Mulvane, 9-2
Posted By: jmadden

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/19/04 01:18 AM

Consolation finals?
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/19/04 01:27 AM

the only reason he beat me is because i got thrown at the start of the match and the ref didnt give me a take down i should of had.

Cry me a river...maybe if you wrestled smart and dominated you wouldn't have to blame the referee for you not being able to win.

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/19/04 02:06 AM

I'm not saying he's not good. he is better than alot of people. I just meant that I think I shouldn't have lost. Sorry if it came off the wrong way. I guess I'll have to see if i can beat him if we meet in regionals this weekend.
Posted By: RHS152

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/19/04 03:50 AM

Shock12 if u got beat by 3, and u didnt get the take down points. If u would have got the take down points then he would have still beaten u by one. so quite cryin and sayin ur better than everyone

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/21/04 04:38 AM

If he would have gotten the take down points he could have cut him loose and take him down again. And he wouldn't of had to do desperation moves to take him to his back at the end.
Posted By: 1800-ugot-pinned

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/21/04 11:42 PM

josh pfannenstiel of hays high is really good and i think he is looked over by most scouts, wrestlers, and coaches.
Posted By: whest177

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/22/04 02:20 AM

Cody Austin of Remington #152 as shown today at the Hesston Regional taking 2nd place as sophmore.
Posted By: Circle_Cheerleader6

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/23/04 02:58 AM

Shock12, I would just like to point out that Rick beat you once again this weekend so I really hope that you will give him some credit from now on. He's an awesome wrestler.
Posted By: hwtwrassler

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/23/04 03:19 AM

One of the most underated wrestlers would have to be Jacob Boor from Lincoln at 275
Posted By: Ryan Jilka

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/23/04 03:26 AM

I think I am pretty underated. I have not lost in over 8 years, and I've gone up about 2000 weight classes! Brett Means has not lost in over 25 years! He is the most underated guy in the state!!!!!

Good luck this weekend!!!!!!!!
RJ
Posted By: wReStLeR of 007

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/24/04 12:42 AM

i think two underated guys that should be state champs this year is Kyle Oyler at 130 and Philip Craig at 135.
Posted By: Senior JV Allstar

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/24/04 01:40 PM

Brett Hoshaw from Manhattan. JV the week before regionals and then stepping up and taking 2nd. In the finals he was winning up until the middle of the third, but he's ready for this weekend.
Posted By: RHS152

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/24/04 03:24 PM

Wow Shock looks like Rick Salyer beat you again. You gonna give him the credit he deserves cause i agree with T-Bird, Rick is very underrated.
Posted By: Wrestling Isn't fun

Re: Underated Wrestlers - 02/25/04 01:28 AM

I bet Shock feels stupid
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums