Kansas Wrestling

Newton TOC

Posted By: mawcoach

Newton TOC - 12/14/05 02:34 PM

I know this seems rather early, but I received the information packet for Newton this morning and was impressed with the teams that will compete this year. There are many great tournaments in Kansas, but if you are within driving distance of Newton you might want to set aside the date (Jan. 13 and 14) and attend. Teams attending (in alphabetical order):
Andover
Ark City
Bishop Carroll
Bishop Lynch, TX
Buhler
Campus
Colby
Clay Center
Derby
Dodge City
El Dorado
Emporia
Gardner-Edgerton
Hutchinson
Leavenworth
Maize
Manhattan
McPherson
Mill Valley
Newton
Norton
Perry, OK
Salina South
Valley Center
Wichita East
Wichita Northwest
Wichita South
Winfield.

Bold teams are new to the tournament this year.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Newton TOC - 12/14/05 02:50 PM

Where does Goddard go on that weekend?
Posted By: bigtyme23

Re: Newton TOC - 12/14/05 02:53 PM

Goddard does not wrestle that weekend they have their home JV tourney
Posted By: chewie

Re: Newton TOC - 12/14/05 04:55 PM

Wow, 28 teams. That's the most I can remember being there in quite a while.
Posted By: Pepsi man

Re: Newton TOC - 12/14/05 05:06 PM

Wow, Sweazy makes another post off the subject.
Posted By: chewbacca

Re: Newton TOC - 12/14/05 05:17 PM

and Bishop Lynch going this year makes the tournament even tougher than before.
Posted By: Curtis Chenoweth

Re: Newton TOC - 12/14/05 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Time out:
Wow, Sweazy makes another post off the subject.
I believe he was, in a roundabout way, hinting that he thinks Goddard should go to the tournament.

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 06:02 AM

Pretty Much, but with a name like Time Out and only a few posts to his credit maybe he needs to take a T.O. and think a bit and realize how something might fit into a thread.

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 04:10 PM

Well I realize how your post is related to the thread. I believe the thread was posted to state the quality of the competition and your post immediately took away from that by implying that Goddard should be at the tournament. Which would make it even a better tournament but I was more interested in how difficult the tournament already was and was concerning myself with the teams in the tournament. Even with a low number of post I can see the making of a great tournament and not really concerned about Goddard. If you look at the majority of the post in the thread they are talking about teams in the tournament. If you just look you have the returning 321A State Champs (Norton) and 4A State Champs (Clay Center).

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 04:36 PM

Not sure if all these are correct but their close.
Teams that are Ranked Ranking
Clay Center 1st 4A
Norton 1st 321A

Perry, OK 1st 2A
Ark City 2nd 5A
Manhattan 3rd 6A
Bishop Carroll 3rd 5A
Hutchinson 4th 6A
Emporia 5th 6A
Maize 6th 6A
Colby 6th 4A
Derby 7th 6A
Salina South 9th 5A
Wichita South 9th 6A
Bishop Lynch, TX
Posted By: W. Heights AD

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 04:44 PM

HMMMMM! I don't know if those 6A rankings are correct. Wichita Northwest was 2nd on 12/6.... Wichita South was 3rd in 6A on 12/6..... Derby was 5th in 6A...... Hutch was 6th....... Manhattan was 7th...... These were the December 6 rankings I received via email even though I seen a lot of mistakes in these rankings. I don't know if new rankings came out or not!
Posted By: TCarmona

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 04:50 PM

Wow some people are grouchy today. I would just like to state that goddard is a good team with a good coach. And the trny looks pretty competitive.Both of you stated facts the end
Posted By: Ron James

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 05:13 PM

Where do you go to find the team rankings, because I keep finding the rankings for 2002-03 not 05-06?
Posted By: chewbacca

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 05:49 PM

and once again Richie, you're boring

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 05:56 PM

and all you can do is act like a kid and put someone else down so you look good.

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RichardDSalyer:
Quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Sweazy:
Pretty Much, but with a name like Time Out maybe he needs to take a T.O. and think a bit and realize how something might fit into a thread.
How ironic, Sweazy suggesting someone else "think a bit".

It is comforting to see one of your loyal tag team buddies once again make a feeble attempt to come to your defense.
Which Tag Team buddy? C'mon I didn't see any of them reply...but if you want to call people out and stuff Richie, then you will have hell coming.
Posted By: Meven Stiller

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 06:35 PM

Lets get back on track here, when are the Newton folks going to realize enough is enough. They cannot accommodate the crowd that comes with 24 teams. How are they going to make it work with 28 teams. Somebody needs to address this issue. I hate to see anybody let go but there are teams in this tournament that need to look for other places to compete.

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 07:00 PM

My "feeble attempt" was just pointing out what seemed obvious.

How big is the Newton gym?

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Meven Stiller:
Lets get back on track here, when are the Newton folks going to realize enough is enough. They cannot accommodate the crowd that comes with 24 teams. How are they going to make it work with 28 teams. Somebody needs to address this issue. I hate to see anybody let go but there are teams in this tournament that need to look for other places to compete.
Kind of like how UNO Open is getting way out of hand. Maybe Newton could move the event to a larger venue? I think Hutch could host something at the Juco in the nice facility there that would accomodate everyone.

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 07:18 PM

Now that Clearwater has a nice new gym, I'd like to see them host a bigger tourney. Right now I don't think the good teams would go though because it's the same weekend as the Newton TOC.

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 07:32 PM

There is no way that Newton will be able to accommodate 28 teams. As Meven said they can barely accommodate 24 teams. I think it's hilarious that the announcer will tell people standing to find a seat when in fact there is not an empty seat in the gym.
Posted By: billy_mcjackson_ripjc

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 07:34 PM

Everyone look at Richie trying to get people to talk to him. That's the funniest thing I've ever seen. He's like the kid you hung out with only because he would do things like eat bugs to get attention.
Posted By: TCarmona

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 08:48 PM

Wow. This is a wrestling site. I want to see some people wrestle it out! As mocho man would say " Ohhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhh!"

Re: Newton TOC - 12/16/05 08:58 PM

Richard has never wrestled before though.
Posted By: Mike Church Sr.

Re: Newton TOC - 12/17/05 06:36 AM

Actually Richard has more usefull information than 99% of the people on this forum. Who really cares if Richard never wrestled. Whats your point in bringing it up?

Re: Newton TOC - 12/17/05 08:27 AM

Well if you read a previous post it said that we should all wrestle it out. So Richard would be a distinct disadvantage, as useful information is 0% useful in wrestling it out.

Re: Newton TOC - 12/17/05 08:21 PM

Quote:
useful information is 0% useful in wrestling it out.
Not always....that's why some people scout the competition before wrestling a guy.
Posted By: coach craig

Re: Newton TOC - 12/17/05 08:59 PM

i love lamp
Posted By: old fan

Re: Newton TOC - 12/21/05 04:48 PM

Why did Andale pull out of the tournament, I was hoping to see Furches, Cox and Rodgers battle it out.

Re: Newton TOC - 12/21/05 06:05 PM

I think they have gone to Basehor for a couple of years now.

Re: Newton TOC - 12/21/05 06:35 PM

They went to Newton last year.

Re: Newton TOC - 12/21/05 06:46 PM

No I don't think they did they went to Basehor last year. check the link. Bobcat Classic

Re: Newton TOC - 12/21/05 06:57 PM

I heard they don't go to Newton because they get the Newton Jr. High kids to move to Andale to go to school
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums