Kansas Wrestling

Holiday's 321A pics...

Posted By: mikeholliday

Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/22/06 09:46 PM

Much like the Sports Illustrated cover curse, these are picks sure to backfire on the wrestlers' chose. These pics will be in the Thursday edition of the Hays Daily News pick 'em. I'm a radio guy going up against a newspaper guy. Bye Bye newspaper guy. Here we go:

Team:
1. Norton...by 40 points
2. St. Francis
3. Silver Lake
Honorable mention: Phillipsburg, Oberlin, Smith Center, Beloit and Garden Plain

Individual:
103# Collin Hase...Silver Lake
112# Nash Burtin...Eureka
119# Clay Madden...Norton
125# Nathan Broeckelman...Norton. Most difficult weight to choose
130# Tyler Baker...Hoxie
135# Dylan Lloyd...St. Francis (hard to not choose Esterl of Beloit)
140# Travis Warner...Smith Center
145# Jason Pyle...Sabetha
152# Michael Schamberger...Hoxie
160# Lance Roe...Norton (best 321A wrestler)
171# James Wright...Beloit
189# Jeren Scheer...Garden Plain (very tempting to take Michael Malay...no offense Mikey)
215# Steven Foster...Sedgwick
275# Duane Zlatnik...Rossville

Toughest weight class: 145

Weight class that doesn't look difficult on paper: 140 - possibly 189

Most exciting semifinal: Tie..103# Colin Hase and Cole Zogleman and 135# Kade Bloom and Brad Esterl

Team that could vault into Top 3: Beloit or Smith Center

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Posted By: wrestlingfan65

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/22/06 11:01 PM

Holliday, pretty good picks, I think Norton will win but it will be a lot closer than anyone expects and P-Burg has a good chance to be in top 3. Gonna have to disagree with you on 2 weights cause im a homer, and say Joe Olson is gonnna sneak out of 125 the winner and Micheal Malay will win 189, not only cause he is my brother but also cause i saw how good he wrestled last week and he beat scheer earlier in the year. 215 looks to be a 2 man race for 1 and 2nd, between Racette and Foster. I wouldnt be to much of a long shot for the MCL to have 3 of the top 5 schools either, although that would be pretty tough. And im predicting the best match of the final to be Wilger vs. Zlatnik because to good heavy weights and i think it will have alot to do with the final team standings.
Posted By: new guy

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/22/06 11:17 PM

Quote:
Gonna have to disagree with you on 2 weights cause im a homer, and say Joe Olson is gonnna sneak out of 125 the winner and Micheal Malay will win 189, [/QB]
I doubt Olson wins 125-- Migchelbrink, Mosely, or Broekelman could all win it but not Olson

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/22/06 11:37 PM

Olson has had very close matches with Mosely and Broekelman, im not saying its going to happen but i think it sure could, and if its gonna happen it could for a kid who has worked as hard as joe has.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 12:01 AM

Mike,

You going against Nabil?

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 12:21 AM

You betcha E-Zay Sway-zay...I'm going against Nabil. He saw my pics before making his own so he'll probably just copy mine.

Is this Ryan or Jason Malay who responded to this topic? If it's Ryan...good luck with Beloit. If it's Jason...didn't I trip over you on a sidewalk outside Aggieville?

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 01:04 AM

This is Jason, and if you did trip over me on a sidewalk outside of it would be your fault because that was aparently where i decided to sleep that night, Haha. Ryan doesnt pay enough attention to people like us who like to flap out jaws online, hes to busy assistant coaching Beliot High school, Jr. High, and head coaching the kids program, hes the overachiver. Regardless not bad picks and maybe me you and the bear can have a drink this weekend.
Posted By: broeckelman

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 02:26 AM

I have to agree with Holiday that 125 is tough to pick. It's loaded. Wrestling fan 65, I have known Joe and family for quite awhile ( I work with Mitch) and I always tell Joe and Mitch that I will be rooting for Joe except when he is wrestling Nate, so I guess you can call me a homer as well. Good luck to all of them at 125.

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 02:33 AM

Ya, mitch always roots for nathan too auctally, im the guy whos always with mitch going out to the car. It is a very tough weight to pick though, so i agree good luck to everyone.

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 02:38 AM

Mitch and I always talk about slipping out to the car, maybe this weekend we can, since Nate and Joe are on oppisite sides!!

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 03:03 AM

Hmmmmm...what goes on in this said "car"?
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 03:08 AM

Is this the same car that makes it way to almost every halftime of the local football teams?

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 03:36 AM

Maybe I was out of line here?? What car??
Posted By: 5kids

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 04:06 AM

Foster and Erwin will match up in quarter finals. 3 weeks ago we would have picked that for the finals match. tough draw.
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by broeckelman:
Maybe I was out of line here?? What car??
Are you being sarcastic?
Posted By: no_fluke

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 04:40 AM

Hey Mike,

Are u doing the TV gig this weekend? What a shame, I know that I got you the position. Remember when you was my color at the Panther Classic about 3yrs ago? I thought we did a good job,and that is where they heard you....an they decided to take you over me........oh well, I have a good following and a great team to broadcast for,I haven't seen you at many of the Bluejays matches. But I bet I will see you this weekend....at Gross Memorial and the bars.
I like the picks ,but I would like to see more Bluejays on it,but I know they will have to earn it.Did you pick Norton because you got the most sponsors out this town than the others?
Mike you do a good job on the radio and TV,hope to see you in the booth this weekend.

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 04:37 PM

NO, we are all talking about the same car, but we should probally stop before people really start to wonder, haha. Anyway less than 24 hours now it should be a good time.
Posted By: jaumiller

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 06:18 PM

Hey, Malay when are you heading back to WaKeeney? I am going back tonight. If you read this before 1600 today let me know. Go Trego!
Posted By: Trego Wrestler

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 06:40 PM

Hes coming back tonight. Thats right go Trego. HaHa
Posted By: bestofthebestcomefromthenorthwest

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 07:07 PM

At 125 you have all forgotten about Migchelbrink!! I know that Brockelman beat him at regionals, don't count Matt out. And Loyd better have a better week this week than he last week or we might be talking about him in the 3rd and 4th match.

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 07:56 PM

Agreed on Migchelbrink and Lloyd. Really wanted to choose Migchelbrink but I see Nathan having a really competitive practice room. Just a slight advantage. The reason I chose Lloyd was because Esterl and Bloom are on the same side of the bracket. You're right...he'll need to wrestle better this weekend
Posted By: I'm your huckleberry

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 08:12 PM

If Dylan will wrestle smart I like his chances.
I do not think he will get sucked under and pinned again. He was really dominating that match before the mistake.

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 08:58 PM

I still say if things break the right way the team championships could get really close, in Sainty slips a couple kids in finals and norton has a couple upsets it could be real close at the end. I think norton will will but i just think it could happen, who knows we will see i guess.
Posted By: A. Oncewas

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 09:24 PM

Alright Mike, I just finished my yearly complete bracket predictions. I keep hoping one of these years I'll actually get an ENTIRE bracket correct so I can go out and buy a lottery ticket. It has yet to happen!! By the way if you don't already do it, it's a great way to research the tourney. You learn alot about wrestlers with which you weren't already familiar during the research, plus it exposes some consolation scenerios that could possibly happen. Often times it winds up placing even more importance on some of the championship side matches. Anyways, here goes:

103:
1. Hase
2. Ceman
3. Zoglman
4. Weigel
5. Larsen
6. Frye

112:
1. Burtin
2. Bainter
3. Zahorsky
4. Harshman
5. Rempe
6. Hewitt (or Merriman)

119:
1. Richard (my upset pick)
2. Madden
3. Brachtenbach (that upset REALLY helped)
4. Knapp
5. Spangler
6. Weatherhead

125:
1. Mosley (although he won't pin out this year)
2. Migchelbrink
3. Broeckelman
4. Olson
5. Cook
6. Rempe

130:
1. Baker
2. Swoyer
3. Mann
4. Taylor
5. Chase
6. Miller

135:
1. Loyd
2. Esterl
3. York
4. Bloom
5. Harding
6. Carstenson

140:
1. Warner
2. Richards
3. Meyer
4. Van Eaton
5. Deiter
6. Sherlock

145:
1. Pyle
2. Hazard
3. Gienger
4. Utech
5. Harding
6. Patterson

152:
1. Schamberger
2. Pfannenstiel
3. Corwin
4. Hyman
5. Faught
6. Bailey (or Madison)

160:
1. Roe
2. Austin
3. Mellies
4. Nichols
5. Miller
6. Smull

171:
1. Wright
2. Rogers
3. McGinty
4. Day
5. Mutz
6. Obermeyer (or Urban)

189:
1. Scheer
2. Malay
3. Palmer
4. Berning
5. Brungardt
6. Hawkins

215:
1. Foster
2. Racette
3. Erwin
4. Bliemeister
5. Wall
6. Keenan (or Cline)

275:
1. Wilger
2. Zlatnick
3. Euhus
4. DeMars
5. Schneider
6. Smith (or Claus)

TEAMS:

1. Norton (not a runaway, they'll win it in the consolation semis - barring upsets)
2. St. Francis
3. Smith Center or Silver Lake

NOTE TO BROCK AND HARRY: It comes down to falls/t-falls/maj dec throughout the tourney - have 'em looking for that stuff once the match is in hand.

TOUGHEST TO PICK: 125#

MOST INTERESTING SCENERIOS: 171#

Good luck with the broadcast Mike!!

TR
Posted By: round is a shape

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 10:11 PM

275 zlatnick and demars are top two easily

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/23/06 10:13 PM

Oh yes, eaisly, never mind a heavy weight who hasnt lost a match wrestling in NW kansas all year, good point, i think we should send a memo to all the other heavy weights to stay home cause zlantick and demars are top two eaisly. oh wait, wilger might want to show up and give it a shot just to see if he is any good, i doubt it though.
Posted By: bestofthebestcomefromthenorthwest

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/24/06 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by A. Oncewas:
Alright Mike, I just finished my yearly complete bracket predictions. I keep hoping one of these years I'll actually get an ENTIRE bracket correct so I can go out and buy a lottery ticket. It has yet to happen!! By the way if you don't already do it, it's a great way to research the tourney. You learn alot about wrestlers with which you weren't already familiar during the research, plus it exposes some consolation scenerios that could possibly happen. Often times it winds up placing even more importance on some of the championship side matches. Anyways, here goes:

103:
1. Hase
2. Ceman
3. Zoglman
4. Weigel
5. Larsen
6. Frye

112:
1. Burtin
2. Bainter
3. Zahorsky
4. Harshman
5. Rempe
6. Hewitt (or Merriman)

119:
1. Richard (my upset pick)
2. Madden
3. Brachtenbach (that upset REALLY helped)
4. Knapp
5. Spangler
6. Weatherhead

125:
1. Mosley (although he won't pin out this year)
2. Migchelbrink
3. Broeckelman
4. Olson
5. Cook
6. Rempe

130:
1. Baker
2. Swoyer
3. Mann
4. Taylor
5. Chase
6. Miller

135:
1. Loyd
2. Esterl
3. York
4. Bloom
5. Harding
6. Carstenson

140:
1. Warner
2. Richards
3. Meyer
4. Van Eaton
5. Deiter
6. Sherlock

145:
1. Pyle
2. Hazard
3. Gienger
4. Utech
5. Harding
6. Patterson

152:
1. Schamberger
2. Pfannenstiel
3. Corwin
4. Hyman
5. Faught
6. Bailey (or Madison)

160:
1. Roe
2. Austin
3. Mellies
4. Nichols
5. Miller
6. Smull

171:
1. Wright
2. Rogers
3. McGinty
4. Day
5. Mutz
6. Obermeyer (or Urban)

189:
1. Scheer
2. Malay
3. Palmer
4. Berning
5. Brungardt
6. Hawkins

215:
1. Foster
2. Racette
3. Erwin
4. Bliemeister
5. Wall
6. Keenan (or Cline)

275:
1. Wilger
2. Zlatnick
3. Euhus
4. DeMars
5. Schneider
6. Smith (or Claus)

TEAMS:

1. Norton (not a runaway, they'll win it in the consolation semis - barring upsets)
2. St. Francis
3. Smith Center or Silver Lake

NOTE TO BROCK AND HARRY: It comes down to falls/t-falls/maj dec throughout the tourney - have 'em looking for that stuff once the match is in hand.

TOUGHEST TO PICK: 125#

MOST INTERESTING SCENERIOS: 171#

Good luck with the broadcast Mike!!

TR
I would love to Richard win it at 119, keeping the NWKL with the only two 4 Timers from 321A!!!
Posted By: TeddyBallgame

Re: Holiday's 321A pics... - 02/24/06 03:13 AM

Boy the bottom side of the 215lb bracket is loaded compared to the top. There are 6 wrestlers with @ least 25 wins (3 with 30), while the top only has 2 with 25 or more (Racette has 21). Depending on how bad the botom side beats each other up, Racette may be the freshest in the finals (assuming he makes it). Here's how I see it:
1. Foster
2. Racette
3. Cline (underrated)
4. Irwin
5. Bliemeister
6. Vargas
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums