Kansas Wrestling

Brands to Montana

Posted By: John Johnston

Brands to Montana - 08/28/01 02:55 PM

Looks like Dusty May made a good choice when he chose Montana State Northern.

Terry Brands will become an assistant coach at Montana State University-Northern, which has won three of the last four NAIA championships. The addition of Brands also attracted former Iowa wrestler Lee Fullhart to the staff as a volunteer assistant.

Fullhart, who was an NCAA champion, wants Brands to be his freestyle coach while he trains for the 2004 Olympics.
Posted By: Coachjt

Re: Brands to Montana - 08/28/01 03:21 PM

I can't believe it? How is being an Assistant at Montana State University-Northern, going to improve his Coaching career when he was already an Assistant at the University of Nebraska? Did he not get along with Manning? Why did he leave?
Posted By: Chris Calder

Re: Brands to Montana - 08/30/01 06:37 PM

With the addition of Brands, Fullhart, and Turk Lords to the coaching staff, David Ray has to have one of the top coaching staffs in the whole country, at any level. Fullhart and Lords will be working out to compete for spots on next year's world freestyle team. I think you will see a lot of wrestlers with Olympic aspirations begin choosing MSU-Northern. In my opinion, MSU-Northern will be bring a definate 'Iowa style' to the NAIA division.
Posted By: John Johnston

Re: Brands to Montana - 08/30/01 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Coachjt:
I can't believe it? How is being an Assistant at Montana State University-Northern, going to improve his Coaching career when he was already an Assistant at the University of Nebraska? Did he not get along with Manning? Why did he leave?

The press release said that they matched his salary and are paying for his Masters degree, which he thought he needed to be a head coach.
Posted By: Coachjt

Re: Brands to Montana - 08/31/01 09:26 AM

Yea, after I posted that I searched and found the press release. They were already on top in their division and I agree this is one of the best Coaching staffs around but I wouldn't put to much into recruiting, Brands will be there two years max. and he'll have a Head Coaching Job by then.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums