Kansas Wrestling

College Recruiting

Posted By: Michael Church

College Recruiting - 01/17/02 12:46 AM

Does anyone know of any KS kids, preferably upper weights that are looking to go to college. I am curious as to who are the kids to watch, who is interested in leaving the state, etc. I am from Wichita, Ks and currently wrestle at Carson Newman College near Knoxville, TN. We are in bad need of upper weights and any wrestler has the potential of making an impact on this team as a freshman if they are up to it. Also, CN is a very good place if an athlete is wanting to play football and wrestle. It very possible to play both sports and be successful. E-mail me or reply to me any names, etc. Thanks,

Michael Church
eaglerasler@aol.com
Posted By: KK

Re: College Recruiting - 01/17/02 03:54 AM

My nephew, Brett Stewart (160 lbs), ranked #2 in 6A is a Senior at Junction City High School. He has only lost once this year and only lost twice last year.
Posted By: Coachjt

Re: College Recruiting - 01/18/02 01:51 PM

I don't know what their intentions are, but I would check with:
Derek Faught - Effingham
Gabe Conaghan - St. Thomas Aquinas
both are excellent wrestlers.
Posted By: John Johnston

Re: College Recruiting - 01/23/02 12:11 AM

Gabe Conaghan signed with Missouri in the early signing period.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: College Recruiting - 01/23/02 02:00 AM

I'll agree that the search for the big guys is on. I know Carson Newman is a good DII team, but Central Oklahoma is the National Dual Champions as of this past weekend, and I know that we'd like to add more Kansas on our squad which includes 5 Kansas guys.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums