Kansas Wrestling

KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament

Posted By: Coachjt

KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/16/10 01:28 AM

I was wondering if there are any clubs that are interested in hosting a satellite weigh-in May 7th for the KANSAS FREESYLE/GRECO ROMAN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT on May 8th in Rose Hill, KS.
To have a satellite weigh-in site you must be familiar with TrackWrestling, have a Statistician username & password assigned to do this. You must be able to ensure that your satellite site can and will enter their data into TrackWrestling correctly and by all deadlines set.
If you are interested please contact me ASAP to get everything set up, John Terrell at rhsports@cox.net or 316-253-4718.

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/16/10 01:32 AM

You may sign up for the Tournament on TrackWrestling now.
Posted By: J. Dale

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/20/10 01:57 AM

I thought that it was proven last year that with the lack of integrity in our sport these days that sat. weigh-ins wouldn't work. If they have sat. weigh-ins this year will there be an official there to conduct these weigh ins? Are all teams weighing in on the same day? at the same time? or will certain teams be allowed to weigh in 1 or 2 days early?

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/22/10 02:06 AM

I don't know what you are talking about due to I am not a Freestyle/Greco guy, I am just helping run the Tournament. I don't know what happened in the past nor do I care. All Freestyle participants will weigh-in Saturday with Officials participating. Some Greco participants will be able to weigh-in on Friday night at a satellite weigh-in location within a 2 hour window and will have their results sent in by the deadline set or they will not be able to wrestle. NO EXCEPTIONS, SORRY!

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/22/10 02:09 AM

The Kansas Freestyle/Greco Roman State Tournament is coming up soon, May 8th in Rose Hill, KS

You can register at www.trackwrestling.com
Posted By: Hossus

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/22/10 05:07 AM

What is max weight for Novice?? Thanks, Troy
Posted By: OEHAWKS

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/22/10 12:35 PM

So kids are going to have to weigh in twice if they are participating in both tournaments? Last year they weighed in Friday night at satellite location and did not have to worry about weighing in again. This will make it very hard on some kids to have to make weight twice. My son is not cutting but is trying to maintain because the next weight class is 15 pounds heavier.

Do you have a list of satellite locations yet? When will this be available?

I see the flier says you reserve the right to combine weight classes - does this not defeat the purpose of state? I understand that there may be kids that don't end up having anyone to wrestle (happened to us last year) - why not provide/offer exhibition matches. This tournament will be/could be used to establish a place on one of the many dual teams for the summer, combining weights might hinder the selection process.
Posted By: J. Dale

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/22/10 02:18 PM

I didn't think you could combine for the state tourny. What about the kids trying for the triple crown, couldn't this screw some of them.
Posted By: A. Steele

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/22/10 02:51 PM

I don't want to see weight groups combined either. My son's been wrestling up in age and or weight the whole season to prepare for Southern Plains and Kids Nationals. Combining weight might discourage alot of kids
Posted By: luellen

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/22/10 03:44 PM

last year one of my boys had to wrestle up in age & weight just to get out of a 2 man bracket. I talked to the other wrestlers dad & we agreed to both move up for more matches. If there is one wrestler in the bracket you almost have to up in weight or age. I hope they do allow it IF NEEDED & agreed on by coaches & wrestlers.
Posted By: A. Steele

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/22/10 06:03 PM

Colton has been wrestling 110 lbs'ers and 13 and 14 year olds. He's looking to wrestle some one his own size and age to make sure I'm right and wrestling up is helping him. If he has to wrestle up he will. I think last year your youngest moved up against Colton didn't he? Or was that somewhere else?
Posted By: luellen

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/22/10 07:14 PM

Isaiah had matches at his weight & age. It was my older boy that only had 1 other wrestler in his bracket. he had to give up 10 pounds & 2 yrs & was wrestling for 1ST & 3rd round he was up 4or5 to 0 & got pinned & came unglued remember? took me an hour & 2 or 3 sit down lectures to get him calmed down. He gets it from his mom LOL.
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/22/10 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: luellen
He gets it from his mom LOL.

they all do!!!
Posted By: OEHAWKS

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/24/10 01:56 PM

So are kids going to have to weigh in twice? Flier does not say that.

What about combining weight? This will/may interfer with dual team selections and those in the hunt for the triple crown.

Please confirm this information.
Posted By: pete77

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/26/10 12:33 AM

HELLO WRESTLING FANS, DOES ANYBODY KNOW WILL IT BE EASY TO STAY IN ANDOVER,OR WICHITA OR DOES ROSEHILL HAVE HOTELS.

THANKYOU PETE

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/26/10 01:25 AM

A wrestler at the state tournament may compete only in his/her age group and in only one age group.

A wrestler with only one wrestler in his weight class can move up to the next available weight class as long as it is within USA regulations. The wrestler must notify the pairings officials at least one hour prior to the scheduled start time. Every effort should be made to inform the wrestler of the lack of competition available and of his/her right to move up a weight class.

Re: KS Freestyle/Greco State Tournament - 04/26/10 01:44 AM

WEIGH-IN: FRIDAY

Friday 5/7/10 – Greco only & Greco/Freestyle combined 6:00 pm. to 7:30 pm. at Rose Hill HS and at all Satellite Locations.

** Must Compete in Greco if Weighing-in Friday Evening

Satellite Location #1
Patrick Kelly
Head Wrestling Coach (Seaman High School)
pkelly@usd345.com
Seaman High School
4850 NW Rochester Road
Topeka, KS 66618

Satellite Location #2
Sean McCarthy
smokeycabin@hotmail.com
Saint Thomas Aquinas High School
Pflumm & 115th Street
Overland Park, KS 66210

WEIGH-IN: SATURDAY

Saturday 5/8/10 – Freestyle only 10:00 am. to 11:00 am.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums