Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83202 03/08/06 11:34 PM
M
Mike Church Sr. Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Ok there's alot of you out there that seem to be willing to let ole Gutwrench1 stay so lets ask everyone and see waht they say.

Should Gutwrench go or should he stay?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/01/70 12:00 AM
If Gutwrench stays should he have to post a pic in his pink tutu?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/01/70 12:00 AM
Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83203 03/08/06 11:54 PM
5465 Offline
Even though Gutwrench brings alot of controversy with almost every one of his posts, it does provide alot of entertainment value. I enjoy reading the reactions posted on the forum. I have no idea who Gutwrench is,however, I can imagine him sitting back and laughing at all of us who are running away with our offended selves. I'm sure that he is getting exactly what he is looking for. If some people are bothered by his opinions, stop fueling his fire with your reactions, simply choose to not be offended. Of course, I would be alot less entertained by this forum if that happens.

Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83204 03/09/06 12:01 AM
B
bdisney1 Offline
B
Let him stay! He does make good posts. Plus talk forum is full of characters ... why not keep one more?

Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83205 03/09/06 01:20 AM
Marbla Offline
I see the word "let" being thrown around a lot here. I just want to remind everyone that it's not our decision if he stays or not.

Seth Farley
Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83206 03/09/06 01:39 AM
Nigel Isom Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by gutwrench1:
If them KS boys launch some real KS wrestlin' red-arse at MO and shut up that bunch of jackals of a crowd then why not? I'd buy em all a bunch of refreshments and put on a free clinic for 'em if they beat MO. Heck, I'd dress up in a tutu and wrestle a grizzly bear.
I do believe Mr. Gutwrench owes the state of Kansas an appearance in a tutu. Of course since he doesn't have enough credibility to identitfy himself on here, I doubt very much he would have enough to follow through on agreements he makes.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83207 03/09/06 03:59 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Marbla, Your not gutwrench are ya. lol jk. No your right we can't keep him from coming in ultimately its his decision but he would be a FOOOOOL to come back on here and not honor the deal he made.. Though I personally enjoy his post, there are some on here that will shread him lol .

Mike Church Sr.
KANSAS WRESTLING IS GREAT

Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83208 03/09/06 04:18 AM
Marbla Offline
I agree, Mike.

It's a pity that he made that deal.

Seth Farley
Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83209 03/09/06 04:30 AM
S
Shelstin Offline
S
There is some question from a historical perspective on whether thumbs up meant that the gladiator was to be killed or allowed to fight another day. Some believe that our traditional thumbs down sign meant that the gladiator was not to be killed. So, from that perspective, I say that gutwrench should get the finger.........
Now that we have that visualized, I say let him stay. I hate to admit it, but it is entertaining at times. When I was a kid, I had a buddy that liked to knock down a wasp nest when no one else was looking just to watch others react. I think that it might have been gutwrench.....

Rick Cue
ExHC
Ulysses
Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83210 03/09/06 01:40 PM
coachtwink Offline
I would have to say that I am glad the stench is gone, and hope he stays away. While he occasionally made a post that contributed something, none of it was earth shattering new information. In fact if anyone wants the same information that he posted, just pick up Dan Gable's book (I think the title is Coaching Wrestling Successfully, but am not 100% sure) and you will find all that information and more.

His disdain for everything Kansas wrestling and his verbal attacks on the young men of this state who work incredibly hard will not be missed. I really don't see how someone can say he is a contributor to Kansas wrestling. He is almost never a "supporter" and is generally taking pot shots at people who actually put themselves out there. I am not against CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but in order for it to be constructive suggestions need to be made and help needs to be offered. Gutwrench is no better than the drunken old man who watches the chiefs on TV and then spends Monday talking to his friends about how big an idiot the coaches are and what he would do different. In fact he may be worse, since if he is truthful in his past accomplishments he may actually be able to help, but chooses not to and take cheap shots at those who actually are trying.

In the end we have no power to keep him away, but if he is a man of honor (which is definitely questionable) he will stay away, as that is the deal he made.

Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn- and most do.
Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83211 03/09/06 01:44 PM
Pirate Offline
Hey, stop bagging on drunken old guys who criticize the Chiefs.

p.s. Fire Gunther Cunningham.

Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83212 03/09/06 01:53 PM
Ron James Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel Isom:
Quote:
Originally posted by gutwrench1:
If them KS boys launch some real KS wrestlin' red-arse at MO and shut up that bunch of jackals of a crowd then why not? I'd buy em all a bunch of refreshments and put on a free clinic for 'em if they beat MO. Heck, I'd dress up in a tutu and wrestle a grizzly bear.
I do believe Mr. Gutwrench owes the state of Kansas an appearance in a tutu. Of course since he doesn't have enough credibility to identitfy himself on here, I doubt very much he would have enough to follow through on agreements he makes.
He also owes everybody a free clinic. Since he bags on how bad kansans set up their shots, I expect this to be a takedown clinic.

Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83213 03/09/06 02:30 PM
coachtwink Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by pennywise#2:
[QUOTE]He also owes everybody a free clinic. Since he bags on how bad kansans set up their shots, I expect this to be a takedown clinic.
Also, the amazing thing from watching the Metro dual was how much better Kansas was on their feet than Missouri, this is where the dual was won. Also the Missourians did not do much on top except for grab a leg and pick it up when we were standing up. There were several matches this happened over and over in and I felt a stalling call was warranted.

Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn- and most do.
Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83214 03/09/06 02:38 PM
RJW1 Offline
Go. Don't be a hypocrite. Gut said he was leaving, so leave.

Rick Williams
Colby High School
Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83215 03/09/06 03:01 PM
A
A. Oncewas Offline
A
Coachtwink,

I'm so glad you brought that up. I have the book "Coaching Wrestling Sucessfully" by Dan Gable and ALOT of the posts for which people praised him for were mere plaguarism. I didn't say anything because I figured it was better to get some of that great information out there to those who don't have it, than to call him out. GOOD CALL!!

As far as him staying, trust me... HE WILL!! This is not the only forum I frequent, I utilize other trade sites within my career field and you'll find people like him on EVERY one of them. He comes here for the attention, and look what you all have given him. Every other thread either mentions or is about him. Believe me, he's smiling as he reads this!! As soon as the talk dies down he'll announce his heroic return to the forum or else if he's tired of the role he's been playing he'll morph to another ego-centric personality and pick up a new username... or BOTH!!

It is for this reason that until now I have never commented on his posts nor mentioned his name and it's doubtful I ever will again. It really doesn't matter what your approach to him is... he's not going anywhere.

You all have fun during the off-season (if there is one for real wrestlers) playing with him. I'll keep watching for posts about the sport.

Good Day.

Troy Reitcheck
Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83216 03/09/06 06:59 PM
T
Tity Boi Offline
T
hahahahah @ all the pussy hurt people on this forum

TAke me home
Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83217 03/09/06 07:10 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Tity Boi:
hahahahah @ all the pussy hurt people on this forum
I marvel at this well articulated statement, complete with punctuation.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83218 03/09/06 09:18 PM
Ryan Jilka Offline
I hope he stays. I didn't care for the way he trashed high school kids, but as a coach I had two choices whenever he made a statement about Kansas wrestling technique: question my practices or ignore it. Honestly, I'm always more prone to listening to people that put me down than praise me. I'm always looking for ways to improve.

We did start working more setups. It may not be just because of gut's remarks, but I do remember questioning if I emphasized them enough. The answer was no. We did more of it, and we kept getting better. Our coaching staff has always emphasized pins from the top, so I chose to take what he said about Kansas riding and ignore it when it came to our team.

I'm in no way sticking up for the tactics gutwrench1 uses, but I like having the hornets nest shaken up a bit. I wish he would keep it aimed at the adults, but how much fun would this forum be without the likes of Richard, Nigel, Gutwrench1, Church Sr. & Jr., and the great boys of the Ville? Remember, if you don't like what he says, don't read it.

"The days I can keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are good days" ~ Judy Hubbard
Re: Should Gutwrench go or should he stay? #83219 03/11/06 05:30 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Bump bump bump lol.

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 167 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)