Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Super32 information #84822 07/11/06 12:56 AM
sawyer Offline
Do you know where I would possibly be able to get information on this tournament? I'm kind of young for such a big tournament. But it sounds worth the trip.

sawyer
Re: Super32 information #84823 07/11/06 01:23 PM
Mike Furches Offline
There is a possiblity that we will be taking the Kansas Wizzers to this tournament. Still working out the details. The Wizzers will be back in full force, starting in late September, first of October. The goal is to develop and help High School Wrestlers across the state as much as possible. There will be more information coming, but in that the Wizzers are Chartered with Kansas USA Wrestling, USA Cards will be required. There are also already plans to help out with the Wizzers who participate in Summer Wrestling for next year. Thankfully I have other parents and coaches helping out with this and would love to take a group of guys to NC to represent Kansas.

Re: Super32 information #84824 07/12/06 09:31 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Quote:
Originally posted by sawyer:
Do you know where I would possibly be able to get information on this tournament? I'm kind of young for such a big tournament. But it sounds worth the trip.
If this is the same Sawyer I saw wrestle at cadet duals then you would definantly hold your own.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Super32 information #84825 07/12/06 07:28 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Looks like the mat.com is not allowing this tournament to be promoted on it's message boards now.

Re: Super32 information #84826 07/13/06 09:54 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Quote:
Originally posted by sportsfan02:
Looks like the mat.com is not allowing this tournament to be promoted on it's message boards now.
Ken Chertow got on there and said something and in turn the entire thread got deleted.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: Super32 information #84827 07/13/06 04:25 PM
Mike Furches Offline
I just made this post at The Mat,

I felt it was time that at least this moderator post his thoughts regarding the message boards here at The Mat. First, it should be known that I and I am assuming other moderators do not have the authority to ban members of the message boards. I do have the ability to email, as do other members of The Mat, the administrators at USA Wrestling regarding concerns over posts. As a moderator, I have the ability to edit and delete if I deem them inappropriate and in violation of the user agreement. Note moderators can only do that on the boards they moderate.

It should be noted there are different moderators on different boards, they are hidden for obvious reasons. It is a volunteer position and takes time. I cannot tell you why some moderators delete certain threads. There are threads that have recently been deleted that I cannot answer questions about. I can only tell you why I delete threads, which has happened less than 3 times, deleted less than 7 responses and edited less than 3 topics in over 2 years. I have and will continue to delete threads on the message boards I moderate that are in violation of the forum rules as each member agreed to when signing onto The Mat Forums. As of this evening, my moderator responsibilities have increased but I still do not moderate on most boards on these forums. I will be glad to tell any member that emails me if I deleted a post, thread, or edited a post off line but not on the forums. If I didn’t have anything to do with it, I’ll also tell you. Now please understand I don’t moderate every board, and don’t know who all the moderators are. You can contact me at mike@furches.org

Now if you have been banned or have a question regarding banning, I suggest you contact USA Wrestling, I can’t help you and don’t know your answers. I know several of those banned have contacted USA Wrestling and some have been reinstated.

I must be specific. I am speaking for myself as I have been troubled by recent events. There are many who have left the forums I admire, like, and call friend. I have visited and enjoyed the interaction with them on the other message board they have started. I belong to several boards and enjoy participation on them, whether here at The Mat, the Kansas Forums, or the place where many of my friends have gone. I do not speak for USA Wrestling but on my own, at least as one who feels obligated to serve the members of this forum. I felt the members of these forums deserved at least a response from one of your moderators. Each moderator, and administrator of USA wrestling will have to answer for themselves as to the events of recent. I take my commitment to the membership seriously and wanted to at least share what I felt. I truly believe the wrestling community is like family. Unfortunately, lately, it has not seemed that way. There may very well be some who don’t appreciate my comments, some who just wish the recent events would go away. I personally don’t know if that will solve anything which is why I am posting this post. I know some will blast me from the membership, making assumptions that are totally off base and false.

If you have a thread or comment deleted I again encourage you to contact USA Wrestling, and even post the question on a thread with an email address where you can be reached. I truly believe the moderators care about serving the membership of USA Wrestling and The Mat. I know I do.

I think many forget about the membership agreement they agree to when joining the mat. It follows:

If you agree to the terms and conditions stated below, press the "Agree" button. Otherwise, press "Cancel".

In order to use these forums, users are required to provide your personal information and a valid email address. This information will be kept private and will not be sold.

Neither the Administrators of these forums, or the Moderators participating, are responsible for the privacy practices of any user. Remember that all information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to share any of your personal information. Any user who finds material posted by another user objectionable is encouraged to contact us via email. We are authorized by you to remove or modify any data submitted by you to these forums for any reason we feel constitutes a violation of our policies, whether stated, implied or not.

This site may contain links to other web sites and files. We have no control over the content and can not ensure it will not be offensive or objectionable. We will, however, remove links to material that we feel is inappropriate as we become aware of them.

These forums give users two options for changing and modifying information that they provide in their profile:

Users can login with their username and password to change any information in their profile.
In case of lost password, use the "Forgot Password" link on the Login screen and an email with your password will be sent to the account you have provided.

By pressing the "Agree" button that you, the user, are 13 years of age or over. You are fully responsible for any information or file supplied by this user. You also agree that you will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by yourself or the owners of these forums. In your use of these forums, you agree that you will not post any information which is considered soliciting, advertising, vulgar, harassing, hateful, threatening, abusive, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.

If you do agree with the rules and policies stated in this agreement, and meet the criteria stated herein, proceed to press the "Agree" button below, otherwise press "Cancel".

Re: Super32 information #84828 07/13/06 04:56 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Most of the time I don't care if a thread gets deleted or altered BUT, when it does, on any board, I would like to see the moderator responsible make a post explaining what actions were taken and why.

Re: Super32 information #84829 07/13/06 05:16 PM
Mike Furches Offline
Sportsfan, one of the options we have here is we can contact the person when we delete a thread. I have always tried to do that. We do not have those options available at The Mat. I have to give it up to Mike Juby. These forums offer both posters and moderators assistance and helps that most forums don't.

I think that if those making posts at The Mat could contact the moderators, and the moderators contact individuals making posts that a lot of the issues could have been resolved.

Specific to the Super 32 thread; Most don't know that Super 32 and The Mat have a longstanding great relationship. In fact it was Super 32 that owned The Mat name and gave it to USA Wrestling for their use. The Mat as a result has had a long standing tradition of allowing information about Super 32 to be posted, yet, someone made the decision to delete a post, I don't know who or why. I did speak to Dave, of Super 32 in a lengthy conversation last night via telephone. He would have just liked a reason as no one really knows why the thread was deleted.

I guess all of that is a long winded way of saying, you are correct. If volunteering to moderate a wrestling board, or any board, remember that as a moderator you are there to serve the members of that board. They at the least deserve an explanation as to why a deletion takes place, and to be treated with respect unless in clear violation of the agreement they accepted when joining the board imo.

Re: Super32 information #84830 07/13/06 07:57 PM
Mike Furches Offline
Ted just responded and stated the thread was deleted because it was an advertisement for a non usa tournament. I personally didn't see it that way as people were asking about the tournament. That was the decision that was made though.

Re: Super32 information #84831 07/13/06 09:22 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Furches:
Ted just responded and stated the thread was deleted because it was an advertisement for a non usa tournament. I personally didn't see it that way as people were asking about the tournament. That was the decision that was made though.
Damn, I hate it when Sweazy is always right!

Re: Super32 information #84832 07/13/06 10:17 PM
Mike Furches Offline
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Furches:
Damn, I hate it when Sweazy is always right!
You know what is so funny about this, Swayz just quoted you.

Re: Super32 information #84833 07/16/06 07:19 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I just quoted who?

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: Super32 information #84834 07/16/06 11:09 AM
Mike Furches Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Sweazy:
I just quoted who?
Sportsfan02

Re: Super32 information #84835 07/16/06 11:43 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
WHEN?

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: Super32 information #84836 07/17/06 04:00 AM
Mike Furches Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Sweazy:
Quote:
Ken Chertow got on there and said something and in turn the entire thread got deleted.
Here you go.

Re: Super32 information #84837 07/19/06 07:59 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Well some of you may or may not know, but I'm heading there again (NC) Friday from Wichita...flight leaves around 7am...I get off work around 3am, so I'll be short on sleep. Hope to get some more information on the tournament, know they got some nice funds from the Greensboro Athletic Commission or something like that. I'll keep an update for those that are interested.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: Super32 information #84838 07/28/06 10:23 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Sara from the Super32 is coming into town (Wichita) next Thursday night after work. Plans are to go to the National Wrestling Hall of Fame in Stillwater on FRIDAY, then take her to Eskimo Joes.

I'm going to have her bring some more information (maybe some merchandise) and possibly do a presentation about the Super32 while down in Stillwater at the HOF for those interested in winding down and rewarding themselves to wrestling history at the HOF, and maybe getting some information on flights, hotels, and other accomodations for the Greensboro area.

Those interested in going to the HOF next Friday, please email me. Thanks.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 163 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,942
Posts250,374
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)