Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Junior Duals - FREESTYLE UPDATE #88822 07/05/05 08:39 PM
J
jse Offline
J
Nor will you post your name,a little classless in my book

Re: Junior Duals - FREESTYLE UPDATE #88823 07/05/05 08:44 PM
B
bdisney Offline
B
Well - at least give your name. I mean if you are calling a 17 year old kid and his whole family classless at least put your name to it. But I know you won't. So those who read your comments can give them the weight the desrve.

Re: Junior Duals - FREESTYLE UPDATE #88824 07/06/05 12:52 AM
AfternoonDelight Offline
wow a teacher was making the comments about deshazer??? maybe ur the one without class hawk

You must be a magician cuz ur nuttin but a trick.
Re: Junior Duals - FREESTYLE UPDATE #88825 07/06/05 01:31 AM
Mike Furches Offline
I have to say something here. I made a post on this forum and the mat regarding the "controversy", essentially because word was getting back and the request was made by a respectable person to find out what was going on at the duals regarding “the controversy.” I won't share who that was but will say that I believe that person is one of the most respected wrestling persons in the state of Kansas.

Here is what I know, because I was there for 2 days of the duals but not the day "the controversy" happened. None of the fans was yelling against other kids from other teams. Kansas fans were honorable and I was a proud to be in the stands with them. I know that some were loud. Well, Barry Disney among others can tell you that I was loud, maybe too loud at times at the Cadet Duals. I tried to mellow down some at the Junior Duals but one reason that this was kind of easy to do was that my son was not wrestling there. So Jon and Danny, I want you both to know that I admire you and you were actually a little mellow in my opinion. It was actually great sitting back watching you and you did your kids and Kansas proud. Now let me also say this, my name is on my post and I know that Danny DeShazer gets a little excited sometimes and says things that he maybe regrets, well I think he does. We all do that and I am no better than Danny or the worst person you can imagine doing this. Wrestling is an intense sport and that sometimes translates over to parents and or coaches. For someone to call him classless and not leave their name is a disgrace.

In an important, close, match, I would want Danny DeShazer above anyone else in Kansas or Oklahoma in my sons corner because I know that Danny cares for the kids he is coaching and can get the most out of at least my son. Danny DeShazer knows this and I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I consider him a friend and a great guy.

Again, Jon, Danny, or anyone else to my knowledge, did anything wrong at the duals. That is unless yelling for, and supporting your team is something we are not supposed to do. Just wanted to give my two cents because of the misinformation and garbage that some are implying and/or saying.

Re: Junior Duals - FREESTYLE UPDATE #88826 07/06/05 02:10 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Hawk has a similar manerism to another KC guy we all think is classy: King James.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Junior Duals - FREESTYLE UPDATE #88827 07/06/05 09:18 PM
B
Buster84 Offline
B
I met Mr. Deshazer for the first time at the Schoolboy Duals in Indiana. My son struggled with the competition during this tough tournament. On more than one occasion Mr. Deshazer had encouraging things to say about my boy. I was impressed by this. He took the time to speak with me about issues regarding the freestyle/greco format that I did not understand. Mr. Deshazer is a "classy" individual in my book.

Rodney Dozier
Re: Junior Duals - FREESTYLE UPDATE #88828 07/06/05 09:22 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Buster84:
I met Mr. Deshazer for the first time at the Schoolboy Duals in Indiana. My son struggled with the competition during this tough tournament. On more than one occasion Mr. Deshazer had encouraging things to say about my boy. I was impressed by this. He took the time to speak with me about issues regarding the freestyle/greco format that I did not understand. Mr. Deshazer is a "classy" individual in my book.
AMEN! I think to many people have criticized others in the state prior to meeting them. I know when I met the extended Hard Knox family I immediantly was impressed with their love for the sport and their teaching of tough in your face wrestling that many colleges love.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Junior Duals - FREESTYLE UPDATE #88829 07/07/05 02:42 AM
H
hawk1970 Offline
H
Hey....I call a spade a spade. I can't remember the last time that I was at a tournament and DeShazer wasn't a complete #ss and didn’t get in an argument with someone. I have never seen anyone play the victim card more than them. How can you always be the victim?

Just because he says some nice things to people that will have his back, doesn't make him a good person. If you want support him, fine...it just gives me a better idea of the morals you have. I may be the only one speaking up, but I guarantee I am not the only one that feels this way. The DeShazers are straight up thugs and an embarrassment to KS. I have had this conversation almost every weekend with someone.

Again, with all these comments I am speaking of the adults, unfortunately you can't pick your parents!

Mr. R. Walker (KC, MO)….for whatever this proves!

Re: Junior Duals - FREESTYLE UPDATE #88830 07/07/05 04:20 AM
Chase Offline
You must not go to many national tournaments...cause if you do and you are from kansas....Coach Deshazer will pump you up and try to help you as much as he can whether you need a coach or having a problem with a certain move...which he helped me out this last week at junior duals....

Hey Butt-Head what did people do before they invented TV?
Don't be stupid Beavis there's always been TV, there's just more channels now.
Oh yeah, heh heh hehe... progress is cool. Heh hehe heh
Re: Junior Duals - FREESTYLE UPDATE #88831 07/07/05 04:50 AM
J
jse Offline
J
It prooves that you,Mr.R.Walker continue to call names and put down an entire family.You started this about a situation you knew nothing about,after learning the truth you continue to run your face.I hope your entire family is not judged by your lack of class.{you can't pick your parents}.I also suggest if you have issues with members of a certain family take it up with them personally like a man.Name calling on a puplic fourm seems rather childish to me.You may not be the only one who feels this way, but I'd like to think your the only one with the lack of man skills to resort to these tatics Jon Elliott (Please tell me you're not a teacher)

Re: Junior Duals - FREESTYLE UPDATE #88832 07/07/05 04:52 AM
mike elliott Offline
Dear Mr. walker:

It would seem that if someone is guilty of bad behavior it would be you. In first post you jumped to conclusions and falsely accused someone of bad behavior. Then when confronted and proven wrong you gave an insincere apology and tried to justify your mistake by attacking the family’s character. Then you attempt to justify your behavior by pointing out alleged past behavior. I like Mr. Disney looked at your profile and if you are a teacher I would hope you do not evaluate or judge your students on past performance, by jumping to uninformed conclusions or family character.
It would also seem that you have an unhealthy obsession with the Deshazers. As Mr. Disney pointed out all of your posts thus far have been about them, and by your own admission you spend every weekend discussing them. This behavior worries me because the incident that you accused the Deshazers of was caused by my brother. I can only hope that you don’t develop an obsession for my family and turn your stalking behavior toward us.
Mr. Walker (which proves nothing) if anyone is a complete #ss it would be you. I would suggest that in the future when you call a spade a spade, you know what a spade is, or at least aren’t one yourself.

Re: Junior Duals - FREESTYLE UPDATE #88833 07/07/05 11:57 AM
Mike Furches Offline
Well nice to know that my morals and others have also been attacked because I have made the effort to get to know the man instead of listening to the people gossip and talk about others behind their back like you Mr. Walker. Usually the concept of morality comes from somewhere. I know where mine comes from; unfortunately, I have a hard time seeing where yours comes from.

I come from a long tradition, that says; “if you aren’t willing to say something to the persons face, then keep your mouth shut.” Another that says; “if you can’t say something good about someone don’t say anything at all.” Another that says; “if you haven’t spoken to the individual about a problem then don’t say anything to anyone else.” Now all of those are things I have failed at in the past, and am sure I will do so again in the future, we are all human and make mistakes. The measure of a man though is that after they have made a mistake are they willing to correct it. Unfortunately, you have been called out on this individual you made a mistake about and are still unwilling to address it appropriately.

I would say that you do just as I did at one time, if there is a problem with Danny DeShazer, go speak to him about it, face to face, just like a man would do. I think you will find him polite and appropriate if doing so. Does Danny gets riled up at times, and maybe cross the line on occasion? Many of us do, that doesn’t make us all bad coaches though. One of my concerns as a father, because I try not to coach my kid when I don’t have to, is to have the best coach possible in my sons’ corner. Danny DeShazer stands up for the kid, fights for them if need be, knows wrestling as well as anyone in the state of Kansas, no offense to any one, and is a former 2X state champion that can still wrestle. He is able to find ways to reach some kids that no one else can. Is he for all kids? Of course not but he is a great coach for many kids.

How good is he at that? Here is what I know. My son did pretty stinking well last year at Fargo, considering that he had a torn abdominal muscle, and because of it only had 2 practices between the duals and Fargo. Danny DeShazer volunteered to help him and other boys. I firmly believe that the work that Danny did is what enabled my son to do so well and I give him the majority of the credit. Did he have to do that? No, but he did for my son and about 10 or more other kids. This man is continually giving back to Kansas Wrestling. Is he controversial at times? Yea, but only to those who haven’t had the decency to get to know him or work with him. Is that his problem? I don’t think so I think it is the problem of people who continue to talk about others. I know this, now people that have had all of these thoughts in the past will have to wonder what it is that has Chase, The Elliotts’, Furches, Disney and others speaking this mans praises? Maybe, just maybe, he isn’t the bad person others have made him out to be. If you want to judge the morality of those of us in that circle, then you just don't know much about morality.

Re: Junior Duals - FREESTYLE UPDATE #88834 07/07/05 01:32 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well put, Mike. I would agree that at times we have all crossed the line emotionally during our kids matches. It's sometimes called passion or zeal. As a coach myself, I have received warnings about my emotions at matside. It's not sought after, but is a result of your investment in these kids lives. I don't know Coach Deshaser personally, but I was in Enid for two full days and have to say that he showed a tremendous amount of encouragement to our Kansas kids. It served as a powerful motivation to our team. I don't have a son on the Junior team but my 8th grade son and I made the trip to OK because of our love for the sport. Danny Deshaser has that same love for the sport and loyalty to Kansas kids. I applaud him for it.

Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Junior Duals - FREESTYLE UPDATE #88835 07/09/05 04:35 PM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
It's hard to watch someone that you helped mold in close matches. I remember coaching my little brother for his championship match at state. I was as pumped for him to be in that position as I was for myself when I was in that position. Unfortunately he lost 6-5, but I have never yelled so loudly for anybody in my life. Point is that you can get really emotional when someone you helped teach the sport to is wrestling. It's a lot like being the wrestler. All you want to do is help your wrestler win, and you do what you think will help win the match. If Coach Deshazer has something to say to the ref, he says it. I like coaches like that. It may not help the ref change his ruling, but as the wrestler it actually pumps you up a little bit.

Curtis Chenoweth
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Coach T.Gonzales 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 151 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,383
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)