Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Congrats to Coach Shelton & Bishop Carroll! #109820 06/10/07 01:56 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Congratulations to Bishop Carroll on the hiring of Brian Shelton as the head wrestling coach.

Coach Shelton has done a great job at Valley Center High School and will continue to provide outstanding leadership to the students and coaching to the athletes at Bishop Carroll.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Congrats to Coach Shelton & Bishop Carroll! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #109856 06/11/07 04:00 PM
C
Coach Shelton Offline
C
Friday night I was sitting around with some of my buddies talking about moving to Carroll next year. I told them I was worried because, “Carroll’s first competition would be at OUR tournament”. They all stopped, paused and one of them said, “That isn’t OUR tournament anymore.” I knew right then and there that I had made a mistake. I spent the next two nights not sleeping or eating trying to think of a way to make things right. The only way to do that would be to admit my mistake and ask for a second chance.

After talking to our administration, which has always supported me, and the administration at Bishop Carroll I got a second chance.

I thank God for the choices I had to make the past two weeks. He put me in the only situation possible to help be remember the things I was taking for granted. I was taking each of you, the wrestlers, my assistant coaches, our kids club and all the friends I have made during my time here for granted. I will try to not do that again.

Ninety-percent of people have been very supportive and wished me well. However, there have been some harsh words about me during all of this. Some hurtful speculation about why I was leaving. People, who were your friends one minute, wouldn’t talk to you the next. I don’t hold this against anyone. I had no idea the emotions that would be involved in my decision. I figure that as soon as I am perfect I can start judging others. The way I handled this situation proves I am far from perfect. I was selfish, irresponsible and unprofessional. Having people mad at you for leaving could be worse, they could be mad at you for NOT leaving. I see it as a compliment.

I closing, I would like to thank everyone at Bishop Carroll for their support and generosity. I apologize for the position I have put you in and wish you the best of lick in the future.

Brian Shelton

Re: Congrats to Coach Shelton & Bishop Carroll! [Re: Coach Shelton] #109860 06/11/07 07:30 PM
Ryan Jilka Offline
Brian,

Don't sweat those that turn so quickly. You have a great group around you from assistants to parents. You've earned the second chance, and VC would have been crazy to not take you back. I wish you the best and know that you'll have continued success.

Have a great summer,
Ryan

"The days I can keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are good days" ~ Judy Hubbard
Re: Congrats to Coach Shelton & Bishop Carroll! [Re: Ryan Jilka] #109861 06/11/07 07:43 PM
K
ksbevo Offline
K
You did the honorable thing, if your heart was not into it. You
have built a good program at VC. I wish you the best of luck.

Darrell K. Royal a man of honor.
Re: Congrats to Coach Shelton & Bishop Carroll! [Re: Coach Shelton] #109864 06/11/07 09:02 PM
R
OP Offline
R
 Originally Posted By: Coach Shelton
I had no idea the emotions that would be involved in my decision. I figure that as soon as I am perfect I can start judging others. The way I handled this situation proves I am far from perfect. I was selfish, irresponsible and unprofessional. Having people mad at you for leaving could be worse, they could be mad at you for NOT leaving. I see it as a compliment.

I closing, I would like to thank everyone at Bishop Carroll for their support and generosity. I apologize for the position I have put you in and wish you the best of lick in the future.

Brian Shelton

Dear Brian:

If you will recall during our conversation I stated your duty was first to your family, God, and country. You are most fortunate to have been blessed with the God given talent to analyze the situation and make the best decision for your family.

You are an outstanding role model for the students and athletes you are involved with.

I am proud to be able to call Brian Shelton as a friend of mine!

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Congrats to Coach Shelton & Bishop Carroll! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #109870 06/12/07 03:58 AM
J
Jason Halling Offline
J
Brian,
It sounds like this has been a difficult few weeks. I was surprised that you would leave VC, but I don't think anyone would question why you were interested. BC is a great program and a terrific opportunity. You and VC wrestling have become one and that same. I don't know if I could have gotten' used to seeing you in the green and gold. I know that you will continue to have success in Valley and as we've all heard, home is where the heart is. You are a great coach and a stand-up guy. It takes tremendous courage to stand up for your beliefs the way you have. I'll stop by and say hey sometime, now that I'm back in the area. Good luck and I wish you the best.

Jason Halling
Educator
Re: Congrats to Coach Shelton & Bishop Carroll! [Re: Jason Halling] #110267 06/26/07 08:33 PM
Y
Young William Offline
Y
Im just glad we got shelton back. I just couldnt imagine what our team would be like without him. We really would not be the same team without him

Re: Congrats to Coach Shelton & Bishop Carroll! [Re: Young William] #110271 06/26/07 08:49 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
 Originally Posted By: Young William
I just couldnt imagine what our team would be like without him.

Taller?

Re: Congrats to Coach Shelton & Bishop Carroll! [Re: sportsfan02] #110272 06/26/07 08:53 PM
Y
Young William Offline
Y
hey smartassk me
another question

Re: Congrats to Coach Shelton & Bishop Carroll! [Re: Young William] #110995 07/23/07 06:43 PM
Mahan Offline
So who did Bishop Carrol hire?

Re: Congrats to Coach Shelton & Bishop Carroll! [Re: Mahan] #110999 07/23/07 07:36 PM
R
OP Offline
R
I believe Darian Eshelman from Rose Hill High School accepted the position.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Congrats to Coach Shelton & Bishop Carroll! [Re: Mahan] #111013 07/23/07 10:36 PM
Shane Koranda Offline
Yes, Darian Eshelman from Rose Hill did accept the job.

Shane Koranda
Towanda, Ks.

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 157 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,942
Posts250,374
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)