Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
One Christians View of the '08 Elections #115134 12/31/07 04:16 PM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
http://thevirtualpew.blogspot.com/2007/12/time-to-elect-president.html

Open for discussion and something I don't write about too much, just trying to get people to think.

Re: One Christians View of the '08 Elections [Re: Mike Furches] #115155 01/01/08 01:01 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Mike,

A supporter and delegate of Al Gore, endorsed by the State Educators Association AND National Right to Life? Those are extremes...

Your point about not compromising your beliefs as a believer in Jesus Christ is hard to reconcile with Dennis Kucinich and Obama. I can see your nod to Ron Paul and certainly Mike Huckabee. I also feel the pain of being duped by the Republican Party. Men of integrity like Alan Keyes or J.C. Watts don't enjoy support from the secular liberal regressives.

There are many points I would differ with you on, brother. Namely, Barack Obama would surely not offer a hope for the thousands of babies that are being murdered daily in this country by women that act like they ate something and accidently got pregnant.

Thanks for posting this on the USAWKS forum. It's always good talking with you.

Last edited by Chief Renegade; 01/01/08 01:19 AM.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: One Christians View of the '08 Elections [Re: Chief Renegade] #115157 01/01/08 02:25 AM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
Eric, for numerous reasons I picked two from each party, the hope is in the discussion, picking two candidates from each party prevents the "endorsment" issue. An interesting note, since you mention Huckabee here is that both Huckabee and Obama have expressed appreciation for each other in various forms. As to hope offered on any particular issue, there are Christians, in Kansas especially who are Anabaptist and quite involved in the peace, and social justice issues illustrated in Scripture that would also have issue with Paul, and Huckabee. In fact I would venture to say that in those circles, many are supportive of Kucinich. I think an interesting point of discussion here, is that the Republican Party does not have a monopoly on "religious" issues.

I really tried to present a varied perspective in the article, I must also note however that I have already received 2 emails from Fundamentalists who speak of Obama's "Islamic" beliefs. Strange since those rumors have been dispelled many times now. One may not like his political views, but one has to be careful about the false statements made, on both sides of the political spectrum, and especially as of late, even within each party.

Again, purpose is for discussion, and even some challenge to get people to think. I could pick a candidate I presently like and will likely vote for, but those discussions are for private, person to person discussion. Will be glad to go there if you want.

Re: One Christians View of the '08 Elections [Re: Mike Furches] #123275 03/07/08 03:57 PM
TCarmona Offline
I don't mind religion, and I do go to church, but I don't think these two should mix.

The moral reason is the reason why many people voted for Bush. If you question him or anything he does people often call you a liberal not knowing where you come from. I think his dad was good but he is another story. It is much like you have a Coach who is great but his son is .......well you guys can feel in the blanks

I am going to get to a point.

I often hear some "born again" Christians talk about Gay marriage, abortion, etc. This stuff doesn't matter. Calm down I am not saying it doesn't matter to peoples morals.I am saying often times this is brought up like on many "Saved by the bell" Episodes where someone says they are gonna get new snack machines in the Cafeteria when you know it's not gonna happen. Many politicians will talk about things to sell themselves when really it is just like a high school guy saying I love you just to get in the pants of his girlfriend.

Many christens who have a problem for gay marriage have been divorced a few times. When you get married isn't that supposed to be a sacred until death do us part. I understand if some lady gets beat by her husband or something crazy. I don't think marriage is like "well he doesn't buy me flowers like he used to. We have grown apart."

Vote for things that will have an effect. Most of you have young kids. This means most will want to go to college. Some of you are getting old. Look at health care.

I understand you have to have money to run for president but some have no clue what the "other side" is like sometimes. Bush did me wrong when I was going through school again. Making it hard to get money. Either you have to be dirt poor or you have enough money to where you don't need it.

People need to think and not worry about the morals of sickle cell or things that probably will happen either way. If you vote against gay marriage I am sure those people are still going to have gay sex. Not to be crude about it.

This issue really hacks me off that so many people voted for a short bus

Moderated by  usawks1 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 147 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)