Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Akin Practices at St. James #122961 03/05/08 04:01 PM
Kale Mann Offline OP
OP Offline
I haven't heard anything regarding Akin's practices at St. James. Does anyone know if/when he will be holding practices there again this season?

Thanks for any info.

Kale Mann

Head Coach- Blue Valley High School
Re: Akin Practices at St. James [Re: Kale Mann] #123024 03/05/08 09:04 PM
S
steph Offline
S
hello,

Eric is getting the info for KCWC Freestyle finalized, and should be posted tonight. ( after the Metro Classic )

KCWC will continue to train at St. James Academy, and will include a training camp for Southern Plains and a discount for members attending the Team Camp in Baldwin this summer.

hope this helps & more info tonight \:\)

thanks \:\)
steph akin

Re: Akin Practices at St. James [Re: steph] #123097 03/06/08 02:56 PM
S
steph Offline
S
Kansas City Wrestling Club
2008 Freestyle Season

24505 Prairie Star Pkwy
Lenexa, KS 66227

When : Practice starts Monday, March 10th for 8th grade and above. And April 2nd for 7th grade and below.

Times : Practices are held every Monday & Wednesday 5:30-7pm for the 8th grade and older group. The 7th grade and younger group will practice on Wednesdays from 7-8pm.

Clinics : KCWC will host a free training camp for all club members going to Southern Plains. KCWC will also be attending the Team Champions Team Camp in Baldwin during the summer, all KCWC members will recieve a team discount to the camp.

Club Fees : $150.00 per wrestler, plus $30 for a USA Wrestling Membershp card for the 8th grade and older group. The fee for the 7th grade and younger group is $75.

Coaches : Eric Akin, Dusty Spaulding, Travis Baker, Gonz Medina and others. Please contact Gonz Medina at gonzmedina@yahoo.com if you would like to help coach the program.

Apparel : All KCWC members will recieve 2 team t-shirts and a pair of shorts.

Questions/Concerns : Gonz Medina: gonzmedina@yahoo.com
Eric Akin: eakin@kc.rr.com
*** feel free to email me for a KCWC flier / application
sakin@kc.rr.com

Re: Akin Practices at St. James [Re: steph] #123570 03/10/08 01:03 PM
S
steph Offline
S
KCWC starts tonight : 5:30 - 7pm
( 8th gr & older )

Akin Mat Army : 7-8:30pm
( til end of March )

Re: Akin Practices at St. James [Re: steph] #123797 03/11/08 03:17 AM
A
Akin Wrestling Offline
A
First night went great. As usual there were many of the best wrestlers present. There are guys coming from distant areas like always: Chanute, Pittsburg, Topeka, Lansing, Leavenworth, various Missouri schools, Santa Fe Trail, Rossville, and all the KC area schools.

Don't be left out! Come train with the best! There are more state champs and placers than I can list without leaving someone out.

I will also make a strong effort to bring the best wrestlers from across the state into our training sessions like always.
Soon there will be so many wrestlers that we will have to spit practice into two groups.

I will be on the national team staff once again this year. Come let me get you on the right page to reach your goals this Spring, Summer, and next season. Join this club and that will happen.

"Iron sharpens Irons!" Be there.

Eric Akin

Re: Akin Practices at St. James [Re: Akin Wrestling] #124016 03/12/08 12:29 AM
D
DSpaulding Offline
D
I agree, these practices are definately ones you do not want to miss. I have the opportunity to work with great coaches, as well as terrific kids/athletes that I can see improving and doing great things with their wrestling careers. I feel honored to be there, and hope we can all continue to work towards our goals and be the best we can!

As a coach, it is nice to see the wrestlers in practice WANTING to learn and wrestling HARD throughout practice. I have coached some of these wrestler during summer camps when I was in college, it was very exciting to see how there skills have developed from the training of Eric Akin and there HS wrestling coaches throughout the years.

Hope to see you all there to take advantage of this oppertunity!

Dusty Spaulding

Re: Akin Practices at St. James [Re: DSpaulding] #124040 03/12/08 01:56 AM
A
Akin Wrestling Offline
A
Spaulding will be coaching the next 3 Wednesdays, and I will coach the Mondays until after Kid State. At that point I will coach most of the Wednesdays and he will coach most of the Mondays.

It's great to have Dusty back in Kansas where he belongs. He's one of our rare 4X STATE CHAMPS! And he is one of our very few JR NATIONAL CHAMPS! It was an honor to be his light-weight coach at the University of Nebraska.

In addition, one of Dusty's Husker team-mates will run workouts from time to time as well. . multiple time Kansas state champ from Hoxie, Travis Baker. Forgot how many titles he has, but I do know he still holds the 1-2-3A high school state record in high jump. . 7' 1/4inch!!! You could say he has a little athletic talent as well.

Steele sharpens steele! See you there.

Last edited by Akin Wrestling; 03/12/08 01:57 AM.

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 164 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,383
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)