Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wrestling thoughts #133369 12/10/08 02:19 PM
TCarmona Offline OP
OP Offline
It's has been long ago that I wrestled in HS. I feel like Joe Gibbs coming back to the NFL to find out all the diffrent stuff.

First off. I don't care much for "pool wrestling" or that many trnys have changed to a dual tournament format. Some of the "pool format" type have good competitors there but seems much like a clustered kids club tournament. I could be way off but I also think that some kids do not push as hard when they know they have lost their first two and still have a chance to wrestle. Nobody likes to be two and done.

I think much of the dual formats came from kids going to Oklahoma tournaments. That being said, I think it is nice to wrestle maybe a tournament out of state but not be the foucus.

This is just my thoughts but let me know what you or your kids think.

Re: Wrestling thoughts [Re: TCarmona] #133396 12/10/08 07:13 PM
W
Wyant Offline
W
I personally think a mix of dual and individual tournaments is good. The dual format gives teams a chance to showcase the teams themselves. In my personal opinion, the way to begin attracting people to this sport is showcasing teams. People come and get excited for team competitions, when they can cheer on the whole team. It is more difficult to rally people on 1 or 2 individuals competing.

It also provides an opportunity early on in the season for people to maximize their matches, despite competition. In my case, I have many new wrestlers starting in my program who could use as many matches as they can get, which in this case, gives them more matches than an individual tournament.

Individual tournaments give our stars a chance to shine and showcase themselves against competition. But I am all for having the old style of state where it was a dual competition followed by a grand state individual competition.

Just my two cents

Chris Wyant
Head Wrestling Coach
Wichita East Aces
cwyant@usd259.net
316-973-7200

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 153 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)