Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? #135625 01/14/09 03:52 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: RedStorm
Richard, you keep the wrestling community well informed with your knowledge of the sport and wealth of information, but your post today seems petty and quite honestly, childish.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? [Re: RichardDSalyer] #135633 01/14/09 04:48 PM
Mike Furches Offline
deleted

Re: Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? [Re: Mike Furches] #135634 01/14/09 05:00 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: Mike Furches
Wow Richard, maybe you need to post this in the appropriate forum.
Unlike the listed examples, my topic is wrestling related.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? [Re: RichardDSalyer] #135636 01/14/09 05:16 PM
Mike Furches Offline
deleted

Re: Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? [Re: Mike Furches] #135641 01/14/09 05:46 PM
Mike Furches Offline
deleted

Re: Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? [Re: Mike Furches] #135642 01/14/09 05:59 PM
24/7 Offline
Give it a rest.

24/7

Re: Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? [Re: 24/7] #135646 01/14/09 06:31 PM
RedStorm Offline
The forum is moderated and I believe moderated very well. Yes, this is a wrestling forum patrolled mainly by wrestling coaches, parents and fans. Sometimes people will post things on here that are unrelated to wrestling, but the purpose here is to create a community where people who care about the sport one way or the other can share their ideas. Sometime we disagree, sometimes we don't. Some post their names, some do not. It really doesn't matter. Sometimes things get off topic, you can chose to read it or not, respond or don't. I find it humorous when grown men correct spelling errors but I guess everyone has their own pet peeves.

Richard, you keep the wrestling community well informed with your knowledge of the sport and wealth of information, but your post today seems petty and quite honestly, childish.

To my knowledge, I have had complete backing by the KWCA, Mr. Juby and others for the way in which this forum is moderated. Perhaps it is time for you to find another outlet. 24/7 is correct, give it a rest.

Bill DeWitt
Wrestling Fan
Re: Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? [Re: RedStorm] #135648 01/14/09 06:39 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: RedStorm
I have the utmost respect for the Coach and accept his criticism and have deleted my post!

My apology to Mike Furches and Coach DeWitt.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? [Re: RedStorm] #135650 01/14/09 06:51 PM
Mike Juby Offline
Moderating these forums is not a simple task, as the desire to encourage the free exchange of thoughts, ideas and opinions is sometimes compromised by the form and tone of the messages. The High School forum is the most active of all of the Kansas Wrestling Forums (by far), which adds to the challenge of effectively providing moderation.

It is my opinion that Bill DeWitt and Bob Phillips have done an exemplary job in moderating this forum and they both have my complete backing and support, as well as my deep appreciation for their willingness to serve this role.

Re: Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? [Re: Mike Juby] #135664 01/14/09 08:26 PM
Shane Koranda Offline
Thanks Bill! It needed to be said and better yet, delete this thread all together!

Shane Koranda
Towanda, Ks.
Re: Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? [Re: Shane Koranda] #135673 01/14/09 11:22 PM
Cokeley Offline
The purpose, in my opinion, is to create a Wrestling Soap Opera type atmosphere for wrestling fanatics. My wife watches a couple of TV soaps via tivo at night so I need something to entertain me. In way the forum is just like a soap. You can miss a few days and come back to catch right up. There are lots of characters, some real (Richard), some mysterious (The Octagon), some who wish they were unknown (Sportsfan02), some are evangelistic (Mike Furches), some are good guys (The Chief), some are bad guys (Richard), some are comedians (Redstorm aka Coach Dewitt), I could go on and on. This is my favorite TV show! I like it all good, bad, controversial, opinionated, sarcastic, funny, rude, mean, nice, apologetic, etc. The best part is that I get to involve myself in the action!

Good luck to all the rest of the season!

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? [Re: Shane Koranda] #135675 01/14/09 11:32 PM
S
Svo69 Offline
S
I don't know Salyer. I have never met him. He does not know me.

With that said, Who annointed and/or appointed Richard Salyer as the final arbitrator of the comments to be included in the Kansas Wrestling Forum?

I think I'm safe to say that it wasn't Richard Salyer.

Over the last few years, I've had occasion to review Salyer's comments on this forum and liken them to the comments predictably uttered by "Joe Friday" of a telivision series long ago: "just the facts, mam/sir, which are always followed by the remarks: "Richard does not play with others".

I really don't care who "Salyer plays with", but, I have always found his comments,in the main, to be helpful and interesting (although, sometimes sorta caustic).

In fact, Salyer's comments and imput into this forum have served me well and have benefitted me. (i.e. If Salyer reports a so-called fact. I take it to assume that it's just that - a fact, and I take it as such.

I am aware that he has his detractors these last few years and these detractors have posted comments critical and/or in opposition to Salyer's remarks. But, isn't this the point of this forum?

Salyer is well-informed, informative, generously invests an extra-ordinary amonut of his time in these endeavors and is an obvious champion of Kansas Wrestling and, his comments have always served me well, (and I would assume the Kansas Wrestling Community well).

But with that said, his "opinions" are just that: "Opinions" - no less worthy of any other poster.

I choose to believe that Salyer means well, that he is a highly opioniated individual, well entreched and highly knowledgable in the world of Kansas High School Wrestling. He is truly an asset to wrestling in the state of Kansas.

But with that said: Salyer - keep at it. This whole wrestling thing seems to be your passion and your are deserving of our thanks and praise

I've appreciated your efforts and sometimes I don't "play well with others" either!

Re: Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? [Re: Svo69] #135682 01/15/09 12:44 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Don King Cokeley! ;-)

Well said and thanks for the good laugh! A man's soap opera. Yes, it is. And, as stated - much good and helpful info is put forth.

The only thing I'm against (as I imagine 99.99% of us are) are anything that is a personal attack of a kid/wrestler. Not cool. Not cool at all.

Remember old-timers (like myself) kids read what we write . . .

Thanks again for the smile DKC! (Don King Cokeley)

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? [Re: Shane Koranda] #135737 01/15/09 03:16 PM
Shane Koranda Offline
Originally Posted By: Shane Koranda
Thanks Bill! It needed to be said and better yet, delete this thread all together!

The reason for me suggesting/requesting to delete this thread is that no matter how information one may be, it's rediculous that this ongoing attack is allowed to continue. We all know that Richasrd doesn't like Mike. I just don't understand how Richard's allowed to launch these attacks and maintain his status of a Mod. Shouldn't a Mod be held to higher standards than that of a regular poster? Wouldn't us lower-level posters be banned/suspended for such posting? I've see tons of posters on here with excellent info and they're not a Mod. So knocking a Mod down in status, isn't going to eliminate their ability to contribute material!

If anyone had something they need to say to another forum member, you can always go to their profile and send them a PM, or an email if they've activated that function! But to constantly come on here and launch attack after attack, you've got to ask yourself how much does the Positives(+) outweigh the negatives(-) ?!

(And go ahead and post the rule about highlighted shoes! Bowden doesn't mind, as long as I don't wear them in the post-season, which I haven't done the last 4 years!!! So if my boss/"bosses" don't care, I dont care what anyone else says!!!)

Shane Koranda
Towanda, Ks.
Re: Purpose of the Kansas WRESTLING Talk Forums? [Re: Shane Koranda] #135764 01/15/09 06:43 PM
B
Brent Lane Offline
B
Too much time in the hands of some people can be dangerous. Sayler needs to put that effort spent on digging up useless posts and do one of the following, you choose:

1. Create a new takedown, call it the Salyer, add insult to injury, stir up the pot, and annoy lots of people
2. Cure a bad disease
3. Take up knitting
4. Read some poetry or books on personality.

In all honesty, I appreciate some of the things Salyer puts up here, but like Cokely's posts, sometimes I read them and think...Here we go again. I used to be an avid poster. I got too involved and lived and breathed it too much. I have beened weened from the posting habit and don't post that often. Life is beautiful. You don't know how many times I start a post and think better of it. You may also notice my name is here, maybe that is why. Needless to say, end the insanity, promote the sport, encourage your kids to wrestle, talk as much smack as you can on your opponents, and let the chips fall where they may.

"If it is to be, it is up to me!"

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 149 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,385
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)