Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: Beeson] #140175 02/21/09 03:02 AM
BLT Offline
SAVE THE MONKEY!!!!

Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: Beeson] #140178 02/21/09 03:06 AM
ReDPloyd Offline
SAVE THE MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee Girard
Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: ReDPloyd] #140185 02/21/09 03:14 AM
M
my12floz Offline
M
kill the topic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin Hurla
Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: my12floz] #140201 02/21/09 03:45 AM
nix Offline
beeson thats no excuse, carry a laptop so you never let that happen again.

and as far as the monkey goes maybe you need to have a a carwash with all proceeds donated to him.

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: Beeson] #140378 02/22/09 04:49 AM
2bentleymom Offline
not sure on that one beeson but I do know if any of you need a fix at a tournament and are out no need to go to the store my husband michael always has it in his pocket and spare in the car..

Cara J. Bentley
Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: 2bentleymom] #140438 02/22/09 06:28 PM
Mike Furches Offline
While I have expressed myself on the rules, are we at the point yet where we can talk about favorite chews? Then there is another question, it seems like a lot of wrestlers, and baseball players chew, is that a fair assumption or not? Chad, I hope I didn't steal your daily bump, but I thought since no one ever answered any of the questions I did ask, that maybe someone might respond to questions of a different nature.

Now before some get too excited, I have been known to take a chew every now and then, I may be on of the few that has actually worked in Tobacco, from cutting to hanging it, and then going to auctions where it is sold. I have taken a dip or two in my life, and taken more than a few chews in my life, which I prefer over dipping, although I haven't chewed any tobacco products in over a year and a half. Anyway, I will open the discussion for those questions asked above.

Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: Mike Furches] #140455 02/22/09 09:36 PM
Beeson Offline
Mike, Apparently my daily bump yesterday was too colorful, as it is no longer there.

I have only taken one dip in my entire life, and it ended so poorly that I can honestly say I do not have a favorite.

Will coaches, refs, and table workers be able to chew at State since we will not be on school property?

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: Beeson] #140508 02/23/09 06:11 AM
2bentleymom Offline
Not sure what the differences are for I have never chewed but my husband dipped copenhagen until I got pregnant then the smell made me sick so he went to skoal long cut wintergreen until he found out red seal long cut wintergreen was cheaper and tasted the same..

Cara J. Bentley
Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: 2bentleymom] #142241 03/03/09 09:43 PM
M
meb Offline
M
Just a fast note. I would rather see a chew in than 5 ear rings and a steel pipe in a mans ear.

Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: meb] #142402 03/04/09 04:31 PM
clong Offline
Copenhagen is the only chew for me!

Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: clong] #142422 03/04/09 06:42 PM
W
win by pin Offline
W
Will there be chewing alloud at the Wichita classic ? After all it is Not a school building. Animals even crap on the floor at that place.

Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: win by pin] #142426 03/04/09 07:04 PM
J
Jeff Broadbent Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Remember what the Rule Book says.

Would hate for any of you to miss Subs!!!

Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: Jeff Broadbent] #142434 03/04/09 07:33 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
We used to have a district director who was a fanatic about the use of tobacco at tournaments. Of couse all the while he was doing this he was robbing our district coffers.

Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: Jeff Broadbent] #142441 03/04/09 08:58 PM
PatrickCavanaugh Offline
Originally Posted By: Jeff Broadbent
Remember what the Rule Book says.

Would hate for any of you to miss Subs!!!

Exactly why we're staying home this weekend. Instead of chewing at a tournament we're going to have a keg party with a bunch of wild folk. Much better influence on our wrestlers!
Will be selling wrist bands for $5.00 or one can of copenhagen long cut.

Patrick Cavanaugh
785-249-3440
Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: PatrickCavanaugh] #142618 03/06/09 03:21 AM
W
win by pin Offline
W
If I buy 2 wrist bands can I have a cold one for each hand.

Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: win by pin] #143786 03/15/09 12:40 AM
W
wrstlmom1970 Offline
W
I totally agree with the no chew at matside or inside our school buildings, but what I am very disappointed with after going to sub-districts today, was the language used by some of the coaches towards their wrestlers. If we are suppose setting good examples and mentors for these wrestlers, maybe we should clean up our language also.

Sandra Hayes

Wrestle your hardest and leave it all on the mat everytime.
Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: Jeff Broadbent] #144105 03/17/09 11:22 PM
T
tfamilywrestlers Offline
T
I am new to this, but do have something to say & it is not all about wrestling.

It seems to me that the rules are put into place for everyone to follow. but for some unknown reason we tell our kids do as I say not as I do, we are suppose to be setting an example for our kids & if we as parents, coaches refs or whom ever we are that the kids see us not following the rules set before us all then why should we expect them to follow them? we get upset with them when they do not & they get into trouble for not following the rules. We need to lead by example in all areas of our lives for our kids.

this last weekend we found a cup that was left in the stands w/spit in it from some one chewing & it had been steppped on. That is just down right disgusting to me. If you are going to do this be responsible enough to clean up after yourself. Show the kids how to be respectful not destructive. I have seen trash left in the stands all the time because no one wants to be responsible for themselves & CLEAN UP after your sleves. Have some respect for the school you are in as well. this could be your own childs school!!!!

I make my children clean up after themselves & put things where they go & that is in the trash not the floor or the stands.

the other thing is why is it that we let the kids run up & down the bleachers & jumping, by the time we get done after a full day of wrestling I have one heck of a headache because the kids are running up,down,jumping & stomping up & down the stairs. Have some condiseration for others where that is concerned. I have seen many of the kids running & chasing one another during the meets & the parents are oblivious to this for some reason, when I see my kids doing this & I am sure they are very guilty of it as well, but when I catch them I make them stop. My husband just had double knee replacements & was using a walker & canes & was about ran over by many due to running & no consideration to the fact he was not able to walk normal like most of us. he was there to cheer his kids on just like everyone else was. I have also seen many almost run over others in wheel chairs & canes.

I do realize that they are excited & wound up but we really do need to try to have some sort of control over our kids not just the one wrestling.

This is my opinion which may not amount to much but this is how I feel & it is not just at the wrestling meets that we need to be mindful of how we set the example for our kids!

thanks

Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: DamonParker] #144282 03/20/09 11:29 AM
3badboyz Offline
Instructions for chewing where you are not supposed to: 1.Go outside to put the dip in. 2. Take a small to generous amount and slide it way back in the jaw. 3. Take your hand press against your lower cheek and flatten it out. 4. Spit once (if necessary) before entering the No tobacco zone. 5. Do not spit anywhere. Remember you the chewer/dipper are in the wrong. Do not spit on the floor, the trash can, a spit cup, nowhere. Hint; stay ahead of the brown juice and swallow a little at a time no problems. 6. When you are ready to dispose of the contraband in your jaw, do not go the the trash can, toilet etc. Go outside to your car or way out in the grass and get rid of the evidence. It will dry up in the grass before it can offend anyone. Remember they can get DNA from saliva so use your own discretion when disposing of your dip.
Now, if you follow these instructions you should not offend anyone, disgust anyone or set a bad example. However, you have broken the rules and should face the consequences if caught. It is not about having a big fatty in and defying the powers that be to confront you. It is about coaching, whatching your kids or working the tournament while enjoying some cope. A little discretion and respect for others should minimize your possibilities of encountering a whole lot of greif. Your risk of mouth or throat cancer will still be just as great.
I beleive there used to some sort of KSHSAA rule way back not allowing HS coaches to be in the same room as the wrestlers they coached in high school when they were participating in kids practices or competitions. What a stupid rule. I am glad it has since been changed. Where was the soap box when that rule was so blantantly ignored by most? Are we all ready to start abiding by the rule book to the letter? I bet I can quit chewing before that all happens. Has anyone ever drummed up a last minute skin form?

Re: Chewing Tobacco at Tournaments!! [Re: 3badboyz] #144324 03/20/09 03:19 PM
M
meb Offline
M
There is not a man nor lady alive that dosnt bend or break the rules of some kind.We all pick what is go or bad to us.I for one do not use a seat belt.My kids do,and when they hit 18 they can stop if they would like to.
The hole USA is on the save the dumb people trip.We make rules to save people from them selves.We all know the list after list of laws.
I do not chew BUT I will tell you I will hand a spitter,a cup every time they need one. It is a hole lot better that my kid takes up chewing,then trying to be some gang banger or worse.Maby he will be a kids coach some day.He will need to know how to chew than for sure.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 124 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,938
Posts250,369
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)