Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: gymmom] #145894 03/31/09 02:09 PM
J
J Murdock Offline
J
Great posts Connie and gymmom , lets end this thread on that note.
If you want to hate the coaches and the club have at it but please quit booing our wrestlers , after all it is supposed to be about the kids.

Jason Murdock

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: J Murdock] #145910 03/31/09 03:49 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
When someone boos, it is more a reflection of the booer than the booee. Anyone could have booed for the same reason that the booers did but many chose not to. Booing is never acceptable.

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: XGHSWC] #145912 03/31/09 04:56 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Good point.

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Dean Welsh] #145913 03/31/09 04:56 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Except if you are poking a grandma in the eye with a hot stick, then someone ought to be doing some booing!

;-)

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: J Murdock] #145921 03/31/09 05:45 PM
KU HATER Offline
This is my first post so I hope it is not to long winded. I have been reading this forum for a long time. It is unfourtunate that the kids have to suffer the wrath of the crowd booing or cheering the result of their match whether they won or lost. The kids unfourtunately do not have control over the actions and reactions of the coaches and the parents on the wrestling mat and in the stands. The fact is that some but not all TOHK coaches and parents act in such ways that brings such negative feelings towards their club. The rest of the wrestling clubs watch and respond in their own ways to TOHK's behavior. I myself believe that it is the head of the wrestling clubs responsibilty to inform the parents, coaches, and wrestlers the type of attitude and behavior that it is acceptable. FANS THROWING THINGS ON TO THE MAT FROM THE STANDS AND A COACH FLIPPING OFF THE CROWD, which by the way all happened at the state tournament this year, IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! I know that everybody is built differently mentaly and there are hot heads and loud mouths that will never learn how to cope with losing and also winning with good sportsmanship. The head of the wrestling club needs to tell these certain individuals that these kinds actions will not be tolerated and they can not join the team. My older brother and his wife started their wrestling team 10 years ago with these rules always being up held. We start every wrestling year with a team meeting that includes the wrestlers and their parents that want to join our team. He gives a hand out that outlines and details what our wrestling team is all about. He hammers on the point of good sportsmanship is to be abided by all associated with our team, winning and losing. Don't get me wrong there are a few of us that get a little bent out of shape based a refs bad call or bad sportsmanship from the other wrestler or coach or in some cases our own wrestler. Not everybody is perfect but I can tell you that he or his wife would never put up with any of nonsense that you see from teams like TOHK. I can tell you that if we had someone associated with our team acting in an unsportsmanship like or undesirable like way a basic response from my brother would to tell the individual to SIT DOWN and SHUT UP or to leave the wrestling venue. This sport is for the kids and not for the coaches and parents that want to make a spectacle of themselves. For the love of God our kids have us to look up to and follow to help them live happy and successful lives. Thank You for the your time and I know I probably rambled way to long. One more thing Go State!

KU's worst day is my best day!

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: KU HATER] #145922 03/31/09 05:52 PM
windjammer Offline
Bleeding Purple,

God is obviously not a K-State fan or they would have better teams.

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: windjammer] #145928 03/31/09 06:17 PM
PatrickCavanaugh Offline
Originally Posted By: windjammer
Bleeding Purple,

Funny windjammer, everyone knows that K-State doesn't do sports. Bleeding Purple is obviously talking about K-States fine Veterinary School.

Last edited by PatrickCavanaugh; 03/31/09 06:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Patrick Cavanaugh
785-249-3440
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: PatrickCavanaugh] #145932 03/31/09 06:37 PM
ReDPloyd Offline
Originally Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh
Originally Posted By: windjammer
Bleeding Purple,

Funny windjammer, everyone knows that K-State doesn't do sports. Bleeding Purple is obviously talking about K-States fine Veterinary School.

Windjammer and PC,

You two are ruthless, and I like it.

Lee Girard
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: mvukas] #145962 03/31/09 09:09 PM
KU HATER Offline
Did anyone notice that there were about 3 to 4 refs missing from this year's state tournament that are there every year? I sure did and I called one of them up and asked him what was going on. He said that they were asked to work the state tournament but turned them down because the tournament and the director had no backbone to back up the refs and the decisions that they made. He said that they were tired of the whole mess that the state tournament has become. From what I could understand he felt like he was going to a gun fight with gun filled with blanks. I told him about what took place on mat 2 with the TOHK kid and the Gardner-Edgerton kid. The TOHK coaches were very upset with the outcome of the match and believed that the ref blew a call that cost their wrestler a win. I told him that the TOHK coaches were jumping up and down all over the place yelling and screaming at the ref and were way across their magical little line that is taped on the mat that coaches are not supposed to cross unless given permission to. I told him that no one was thrown out or penalized. He laughed and said he was glad that it was not his problem. He did say that if he was there and it was his mat they probably would have been good as gone from the tournament if the tournament would have back him on the ejection, but he doubted that they would. I also mentioned that some objects were thrown out on to the mat during the next match from the TOHK crowd. He did not laugh at that.

KU's worst day is my best day!

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: gymmom] #145979 03/31/09 11:31 PM
R
ready2wrestle Offline
R
Gymmom I agree with you I would do the same thing. I don't want to get into this but parents should be above childish games and booing is a childish gesture and for shame on all of you who have been booing anyone. It doesn't matter whether it was a TOHK or any other team grow up and pull your big girl panties up and let the kids wrestle and the better wrestler will come up on top.

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Coach Knox 61] #145982 03/31/09 11:37 PM
WOOD_WON Offline
Originally Posted By: Coach Knox 61
But if I call in sick and the boss jumps to the conclusion that I have an hangover and it's really the boss is spreading me the sickness. Case and point after we won a match a table worker yells to the coaches "Idiots come sign your sheet". The U vs EVERYONE was not deserved. (what happened afterwards was reprimanded)

Charlie,
I was there at MAT 5 and watched one of your wrestlers loose the 72# bracket and the reaction of the coaches on and off the mat is what specifically started this incident. When one of your wrestlers one the 76# bracket, a TOHK coach that was behind the table but on the floor hopped up on the wall and started screaming at people, "you know you hate it when we win, you know you hate it", over and over and over. And yes, he was directing it AT ME directly and others also by pointing at them My son was at 80# and because of one of your coaches flipping the crowd off and another calling a table worker a "f****** b****", the mat was shut down for a while. None of your coaches were called idiots, even though one of them was, that I heard and I was 2 feet from the table the whole time this was going on talking to the table workers from the Brawlers. The table workers handled themselves very well. I would say that your coach that jumped up on the railing was lucky that a gentleman didn't defend the honor of the lady that was cursed at. Good thing they only brawl on the mat and not off.

So, to say that your coaches were called idiots after you won a match is wrong. I didn't hear it. But, if it was said it wasn't said because your wrestler won. It was said because of the the way YOUR coaches were acting after the 72# match and the 76# match.

I do respect the intensity that your coaches bring to the mat. As you know I bring it also. I have not always been perfect by no means after Landon loosing. But, I think what most are trying to relay to you and your coaches is to walk on and off the mat like a champion win or loose.

We all seem to forget at times, me included, this is for the kids.

Good luck to all of those wrestling this summer and we will see you all next year.

"Champions rise during the week not the weekend"
Jason Wood
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: WOOD_WON] #145984 03/31/09 11:47 PM
Beeson Offline
Sean Deshazer Sr. calling my son a loser on the way to the podium, On the podium, and on the way back from the podium is one of the reasons TOHK is getting a bad name. My wife had to ask a security guard to walk them up the stairs.

Sean,

You still owe my wife and kid an apology. I don't know if your call yesterday was an attempt or not. I gave you one day to be a man. You will be called out every day until they recieve an apology.

Chad Beeson

Last edited by Beeson; 03/31/09 11:51 PM.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Beeson] #145992 04/01/09 01:07 AM
Beeson Offline
Sean,

Thank you for the phone call. I appreciate you getting with me and talking this out. We have always had a good relationship with each other, our sons, and clubs. The next time we see each other this will be a non-issue. Kesean is a great wrestler who I hope we wrestle very few times in the future. Good luck and God Bless.

Chad Beeson

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Coach Knox 61] #145997 04/01/09 01:31 AM
I
IowaStyle Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Coach Knox 61
Case and point after we won a match a table worker yells to the coaches "Idiots come sign your sheet". The U vs EVERYONE was not deserved. (what happened afterwards was reprimanded)

Coach Knox,

I was behind that table. Anything said to that coach was JUSTIFIED by the table worker. YOUR coach had just flipped off the crowd by dragging his middle fingers across his forehead!!! How sad of an action is this. I don't know any of the parties involved, but am supplying a 3rd party view.

Jim Ryan

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: IowaStyle] #146000 04/01/09 01:42 AM
J
joshclarktohk Offline
J
I was sittin right next to the table that happened after wat was said....but this is my first year coachin and i wrestled for knox and i have known all them guys since i was 4 or 5 years old....a lot of my success in the sport are owed to these guys...the booing even i got and i never did nething dirty or flagrant...as i got older i always laughed inside when i heard people boo cuz they just looked ignorant and that on them...i will come out and say some of the actions are not needed but that is from both sides..maybe both sides get better and meet in the middle things will change..

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: IowaStyle] #146001 04/01/09 01:47 AM
J
J Murdock Offline
J
Iowastyle-
How would you react if the kids you pour your heart and soul into coaching just lost a tough match , only to have more than half the arena cheer the fact that they just lost?
I think Curtis hit the nail on the head when he talked about people antagonizing this behaviour.
Until you have been matside and had people boo your wrestler just for the simple fact that he wrestles for your club you will have no idea.

Jason Murdock

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: J Murdock] #146005 04/01/09 02:20 AM
J
jeremy seier Offline
J
TOHK can flat out wrestle. There's no question about the talent and the skills of their wrestlers and coaches. They kicked my son's butt several times this year. But when the National Anthem is being played (not sure if it was fans, wrestlers coaches, etc.) and my son asks me (5 year old) why they have their hats on sideways and don't respect the National Anthem, I didn't know what to say to him.
Coach Knox, you asked for constructive criticism. This is something we can all do a better job at to help out sport, not a TOHK gripe.
Congrats to all on a good year,
Jeremy Seier

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: sportsfan02] #146006 04/01/09 02:26 AM
J
joshclarktohk Offline
J
another thing i would like to say is that next year or through the summer if u see our coaches and i am one of them stop and have a conversation for a minute with me or any one of our coaches....i am very passionate about this sport and love being involved and though i will admit i am biased towards my wrestlers i also really enjoy seeing the other kids wrestle cuz its amazing to see the different approaches people take to the sport and i really enjoy it...u know the funniest thing to me is ppl are arguing all about TOHK but walkin through the tourneys this year i saw plenty of parents and coaches chastizing their wrestlers for a loss...i also saw bad calls this year that helped us out and the coaches just sat in the corner and the kid lookin at them like r u gonna do sumthn? i feel if u r out there wrestling and u know there is a bad call and your coach just sits there would u want him in your corner?now im not condoning yelling/cursing at refs but think about how u would feel if u were wrestling and your coach doesnt fight 4 u

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: jeremy seier] #146011 04/01/09 02:50 AM
ReDPloyd Offline
Originally Posted By: jeremy seier
TOHK can flat out wrestle. There's no question about the talent and the skills of their wrestlers and coaches. They kicked my son's butt several times this year. But when the National Anthem is being played (not sure if it was fans, wrestlers coaches, etc.) and my son asks me (5 year old) why they have their hats on sideways and don't respect the National Anthem, I didn't know what to say to him.

Jeremy Seier

General rule of thumb, take your hat off during the playing of the National Anthem. I don't give a hoot if you choose to wear your hat frontward, backward, side ward, or catty corner ward, take the dang thing off when the National Anthem is played.

Lee Girard
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: ReDPloyd] #146014 04/01/09 03:17 AM
J
jeremy seier Offline
J
My point exactly reDPloyd. If anybody knows about this it should be you. Again, not singling out any club, fans, coaches, etc. But I'd like to think I taught my son what you guys have done for us all. We should ALL do a better job respecting where we live and what we have. My son simply asked me about a certain individual about it.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 100 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,384
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)