Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Thank you and see you later. #145705 03/30/09 07:26 PM
coach craig Offline OP
OP Offline
As you might have read in another topic or have heard from other people...this was my last Kansas Kids State Tournament. Due to a promotion with my job my wife and I are moving back to my home state of Oklahoma. I will miss seeing all of the coaches and wrestlers that I have grown close to over the past 7 years with Carroll Jr Wrestling. I am the first to say that I would match Kansas up with any other state in the nation. We have a great organization. I know that the coaches that I have been around have been nothing but the best.

I will say this with out reservation...I have coached the best team in the State during my tenure as head coach. Our parents have allowed me to make their children the best they can be. There support, to me, is unparalled by any other club. If you do not feel that way about your team then you need to go find anther one.

This past week-end was very bitter sweet. I was very sad to walk away from such a great atmosphere for this sport, but I have never been so proud of the young men on our team. I can say that I have never been around a group of young men that prepared to be the best they could be every night and every week-end. You knew that you got everything when you wrestled us and that is a product of great parents and great coaches. Our coaches had one goal in mind...making sure that I and the rest of our team did everything we could to prepare our wrestlers.

I know that Carroll Jr Wrestling will continue the path I have set. Coach Dan will make sure of it.

Thank you to all who I have competed against and know that I always hated loosing to you and loved it when we won. I hope you felt the same about me.

Take care and keep up with me as I will with you,

Coach Craig Adams
Carroll Jr. Wrestling

coachcraigcjw@yahoo.com

Re: Thank you and see you later. [Re: coach craig] #145710 03/30/09 07:43 PM
J. Dale Offline
Craig,
I talked to Jess at state. We both agree that you can't leave unless it's voted on by ALL clubs in district 2. So call your boss and tell your wife that you're staying.
Jerry

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Re: Thank you and see you later. [Re: J. Dale] #145712 03/30/09 07:45 PM
usawks1 Offline
... and he has at least one vote from District 1!

Good Luck Coach Craig ... too bad we never got to tee 'em up!

Last edited by usawks1; 03/30/09 07:46 PM.

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: Thank you and see you later. [Re: usawks1] #145717 03/30/09 07:58 PM
BLT Offline
I already posted on another topic but you are a real hero to a lot of kids. I have gotten to know (and my son has battled with) Robert G. and Clayton D. over the last few years. They are great wrestlers and you can tell by the way they talk that you are a mentor to them on the mat and in life.

You will be missed!
Thank You for all you have done for the Carrol Kids and wrestling in Kansas!

Lance Tracy and Family and
Team Haysville Wrestling

Re: Thank you and see you later. [Re: BLT] #145719 03/30/09 08:00 PM
Mike Furches Offline
What about when I need a golfing buddy. Craig, our family loves you and thanks you, you have been more than just a help to Carroll, but to many of us and I know personally to our family. You are, and always will be a friend.

Re: Thank you and see you later. [Re: Mike Furches] #145755 03/30/09 09:29 PM
W
Wells Offline
W
Derby votes from District 2, that he must stay! I don't know of anyone who would vote otherwise. Sorry, call the boss!! laugh

Re: Thank you and see you later. [Re: Wells] #145775 03/30/09 10:13 PM
B
bockman Offline
B
Would love for you to stay but I hope we will be seeing you at Tulsa next season. Good luck to you and your family. If things dont work out you know you always have a home right here in Wichita

Scott Bockover
Re: Thank you and see you later. [Re: bockman] #145820 03/31/09 01:00 AM
D
doug747 Offline
D
Good luck Craig, I've had a lot of fun with you, at your expense. I appreciate the way you always spot the hot moms before I do, and make me look at them, even interrupting me while coaching a match to do so. I try not to look, but you always make me, sometimes holding a knife in my back. I assume your wife doesn't read this, and that is why I am posting it, so you don't get in trouble.

Last edited by doug747; 03/31/09 01:49 AM.
Re: Thank you and see you later. [Re: doug747] #145847 03/31/09 02:55 AM
F
Full Contact Offline
F
Coach Craig,
There is nobody that defines intensity, competitiveness, compassion and class more than you. I was told years ago from someone I greatly respect that "kids don't really care about how much you know, until they know how much you care," and it was more than just caring about winning matches. It obvious when you see how hard the BC kids worked, that they simply didn't want to disappoint a coach who loves them. I know you trained and developed your kids to be winners on and off the mat. Far too many define success only by the hardware their kids hang on the wall. It's an honer to know someone who truly understood ALL that this sport is really about. You are truly a class act and the example of what a today's kid's coach should be. Kansas and B.C.'s loss will certainly be Oklahoma's gain. And in a day where people are losing and just trying to hang onto their jobs, it's refreshing to see one of the 'good guys' get a well deserved promotions. I will miss the lunches, the conversations, the laughs and even the green vs. green battles. Most of all I'll miss seeing a great friend. Best wishes to you and your lovely wife and make sure to get a house in Oklahoma with a basement (you know you don't want the tornado to take the wrestling mats!)Keep us posted on your journey. Best Always - The Retired 'Coach' Morrow

Re: Thank you and see you later. [Re: Full Contact] #145850 03/31/09 03:05 AM
ReDPloyd Offline
Coach Craig,

I don't believe that I have met you. From what I have read on this thread, I am sure that I would have enjoyed wrestling for you. Luckily, I had two great coaches in Kids' and in high school that were much like what I am reading about you. Good luck with your new endeavor.

Lee Girard

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 134 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,384
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)