Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168569 04/14/10 02:51 PM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: Contrarian
Cokely, get a life.

Schalge is not a private school, its a KCKS public school. St. Josephs may have preceded STA, but was it a high school. I see no sports history for St. Joseph. I can believe that Miege, just down the street in Mission was at capacity and the Catholic community wanted another HS, a HS out SW to support the growing Johnson County population--thus STA on or around 1990. Having lived here and a HS sports fan and parent for 26 years, I probably know as much sports history as you.

As for Mr. Moeder, he must have realized-or was told-there was speculation on how his son got to SJA from far west Kansas--if not-why did he do his post. Well written and very straight forward. I am sure there was more than one speculator-he would have not felt the need to post if there was only one. Even if the speculations were wrong, why does that make them stupid.

Still looking a better response to the history of state champions--a history that include all the big sports-boys and girls-and soccer and volleyball. You originally asked for a 20 year history. You must have started a review yourself and found that only 20 years did not support your arguement, so you stretched it to 30 years when the the newer private schools-schols that have been winning state championships-did not exist. If nothing else you are devious. Me, I just keep asking the same questions and then watch the dancing.

You asked me my IQ. That in itself was an attempted slam. I told you what it was 37 years ago--back then I was a lot younger, 70 pounds lighter, and a lot more handsome and dashing.
What did you say your IQ was? To come up with pussfication??it must be in the extreme range.

Thanks for your concern but I have a life and unlike you I love living it. I enjoy these posts because it is FUN for me.

I apologize to all of the Schlagleites out there! By the way, knock down the count by whatever they have won in the past 30 years. I can do a 20 year count and it won't change much. The recent past is where the majority of the championships have been won. It could be that it is because of a huge shift in demographics out west and a general exodus from the west. By taken a greater historical look the number of championships won is not disproportionate to a great scale in the Big 5. As I looked through the past I noticed Conway Springs, Smith Center, Liberal, Salina Central, McPherson, and some others had periods of dominance. I would guess that folks moved into those areas to give their kids the best opportunity if they were focused on a particular sport. I am doubting there is any way to gather that data.

Lets define recruiting. I would say that is when you are being "given" something that is NOT available to anyone else in exchange for a student to play or participate. I really doubt there is much, if any, of that going on. Most private schools need every dollar they can get so they are not running around giving out free educations for a kid to play. However they are offering a superior product in most cases so the most motivated parents take their kids to the provider of the superior services which might include sports, other activities or just the education. NO ONE is stopping any public school from doing the same thing. What is stopping them is the politics, rules, regulations, policies, and other red tape created by years of "trying to be fair and leveling the playing field". Please use your time and 146 IQ to take a look back and look at the general emasculation of the public school systems. How many male teachers were there in 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000, 2010? How many administrators? The shift in policy is to suspend or expel as many students as we can! Study that trend for a while and get back to us.

Back to the Moeder's. SJA didn't call them, send them a letter, or reach out to them. Taylor is friends with Ryne and he came to our house to workout during the summer. He recognized the opportunities offered in the metro area that were not available in Colby. The family decided to move and they picked SJA over Mill Valley, DeSoto, Eudora, Lawrence High, Olathe NW and even Lansing! SJA had never heard of the Moeders so there was no recruiting. If sports were a factor he wasn't very smart to leave! Colby won a team state wrestling championship the first year he was at SJA and they finished 10th. It is the speculation that is frustrating because a closer look reveals that promotion is one thing and recruiting is quite another.

As for my IQ. I have never felt the need to measure. I am just smart enough to get myself into trouble and just smart enough to get myself out of trouble and have fun too. I get the bills paid and my kids look up to me. Whatever that number is, it is just fine with me!

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168570 04/14/10 02:58 PM
moeder Offline
[quote=Contrarian]Cokely, get a life.

"As for Mr. Moeder, he must have realized-or was told-there was speculation on how his son got to SJA from far west Kansas--if not-why did he do his post. Well written and very straight forward. I am sure there was more than one speculator-he would have not felt the need to post if there was only one. Even if the speculations were wrong, why does that make them stupid."

Contrarian - obviously it wasn't written well enough! You were able to take what I wrote and infer a completely hidden message out of it that wasnt there. Please review my post. I clearly stated the reason I wrote it. I'm sorry, there is no sneaky little hidden agenda sublimated in it to answer a hypthetical recruiting acusation about my son specifically.
I respect your right to voice your opinion, and obviously very personal feelings about private schools, but please control yourself somewhat. I just dont believe you are a mind reader and know what prompts me to post. If you want to include me in your rants and ramblings, please stick to whats in black and white and factual. If I feel a need to address a specific recruiting comment, I will do so directly and openly.
(Just curious, is there anyone on the Lansing roster that in your opinion shouldnt be there without raising questions from someone with your line of reasoning? I dont feel that way, but you absolutely must have some issues with it.)

Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: moeder] #168591 04/14/10 08:36 PM
K
KC Sportsmom Offline
K
Contrarian this is what I said:
Why is it that with all the economical problems in the state and for that matter our country, would the KS governing body focus in on this one and relatively small issue?

You read into this wrong. My statement meant there are more "fish to fry" in both the STATE and US for ANY KS GOVERNING entity to have to mess with a system that does work instead of adding a more complicated and UNFAIR multiplier issue. Apparently SmokeyCabin was able to follow my train of thought.

BYTW, the majority of Aquinas wrestling families actually like and fraternize with the Lansing wrestling parents. We apparently have a mutual respect for each other. I can't understand your reasoning as to WHY the multiplier would be better for KS wrestling than other to punish Catholic/private schools? Please explain.

I

Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: Husker Fan] #168593 04/14/10 09:07 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
STATE CHAMPIONS HISTORY - KSHSAA Football
3A Shawnee-St. Joe

1971 Champion: Location:
5A Shawnee Mission-North Shawnee Mission-South
4A Kansas City-Ward Kansas City-Ward
3A Shawnee-St. Joseph Wichita-Kapaun Mt. Carmel
2A Stockton Baldwin
1A Little River Sterling College
8M Scandia Belleville

Last edited by smokeycabin; 04/14/10 09:08 PM.
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: KC Sportsmom] #168594 04/14/10 09:16 PM
S
Svo69 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Forgive me if I sound like the "Dutch Uncle" here, but these comments are getting pretty far adrift of the intent of my intended post.

While I genuinely love the colloquy and/or discourse involved in conversations debating the merits of Religion and politics, in my humble opion, these topics invariably lead to a dead-end street, with no resolution and rife with discord, bitterness and/or hurt feelings.

Simply stated, as I perceive the issue, it is:

In athletics, do private schools enjoy some sort of advantage, given the "presumed" fact, that they can "recruit" (i.e. waive fees and/or other admission criteria) and allow students to enroll in their institution, such that they enjoy a distinct advantage over the public schools?

Not to be too dismissive of the comments and/or criticisms leveled at private and public high schools, I choose to believe that, in the main, they were not enormously helpful in sorting out the "right" position on this particular issue - not that I know what the "right" position is, but I'll give it a try:

If a private school, identifies a steller athlete,with no prior association with their school (and/or their religion - in the case of parochial schools) is contacted with an eye toward attending their school, with the understanding that expensive fees will be waived, and/or other admission criteria will waived, then I'd like to think that the athletic scales are being tweaked unfairly and unethically such that the powers that be should interecede and level the playing field.

That aside, leave it alone!

Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: smokeycabin] #168596 04/14/10 09:17 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S

Cost of Living 1971
How Much things cost in 1971
Yearly Inflation Rate USA 4.3%
Yearly Inflation Rate UK 8.6%
Year End Close Dow Jones Industrial Average 890
Average Cost of new house $25,250.00
Average Income per year $10,600.00
Average Monthly Rent $150.00
Cost of a gallon of Gas 40 cents
Datsun 1200 Sports Coupe $1,866.00
United States postage Stamp 8 cents
Ladies 2 piece knit suites $9.98
Movie Ticket $1.50
Below are some Prices for UK guides in Pounds Stirling

Average House Price 5,632
Gallon of Petrol 0.33
To find more prices and information for the 70's including 1971

Technology 1971
• Oil Production from the North Sea begins in Norway

• Intel releases world's first microprocessor, the 4004.

• Texas Instruments releases the first pocket calculator

• The First Internet Chat rooms appear

• The First Cat Scanner Produced by EMI

• BBC Open University broadcasts begin in the UK.

• The Aswan Dam is completed in Egypt

• The Worlds Largest Tanker 372,400 tons Nisseki Maru is launched

• Apollo 14 lands on the Moon.

• Apollo 15 astronauts become the first to ride in a lunar rover a day after landing on the surface.

• Three Soviet cosmonauts die during Soyuz 11 accident.

• First Soft Contact Lens became available commercially in the USA

Inventions Invented by Inventors and Country ( or attributed to First Use )
Microprocessor USA
Pocket Calculator The Sharp Company
E-Mail USA Ray Tomlinson
Floppy Disk USA by IBM

Liquid Crystal Displays ( LCD ) Switzerland

Popular Culture - 1971
• Led Zeppelin releases their untitled fourth album
• Jim Morrison of The Doors found dead in bath tub in Paris
Popular Films
• Love Story
• Summer of '42
• Ryan's Daughter
• The Owl and the Pussycat
• The Aristocats
• Carnal Knowledge
• The Andromeda Strain
• The French Connection
Popular Musicians and songs
• James Taylor
• The Doors
• Bob Dylan
• Tony Orlando and Dawn with " Knock Three Times "
• Janis Joplin with " Me and Bobby Mcgee "
• The Who
• Mungo Jerry
• John Lennon
• The Jackson 5
• Ike and Tina Turner
• Marvin Gaye
• Rod Stewart with " Maggie Mae "
• The Osmonds
• Michael Jackson
• The Rolling Stones with " Brown Sugar "
Check out our Television Programmes From The 70s whenever possible we have included a trailer to jog your memory. Series trailers and more information are found on the decade they started.
Popular TV Programmes
• All My Children
• Mary Tyler Moore
• McCloud
• The Odd Couple
• The Partridge Family

Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: smokeycabin] #168600 04/14/10 09:26 PM
K
KC Sportsmom Offline
K
If the governing body has the power to intercede and create a "punisher" through the multiplier then the governing body should have to prove just cause through actual PROOF that said cheating is taking place. If there is any reasonable doubt that the cheating does not occur then why "rock the boat?" As was stated in previous posts that sanctions occurred in the 1980's to certain schools then why hasn't there been any recent activity if there is such just cause?

Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: KC Sportsmom] #168601 04/14/10 10:00 PM
N
nastyway Offline
N
i think it's funny cokeley always says what great opportunities there are in the metro area the metro area has always sucked when it came to wrestling besides st thomas a couple years this always cracks me up if you would have said football basketball or anything thing else it would have been correct.

the nasty way is the best way
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: nastyway] #168602 04/14/10 10:04 PM
N
nastyway Offline
N
And i would also be a little scared to take my kid to a catholic school or anything havent you people been watching the news lately.

Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: nastyway] #168607 04/14/10 11:45 PM
K
Kirk Berggren Offline
K
Originally Posted By: nastyway
And i would also be a little scared to take my kid to a catholic school or anything havent you people been watching the news lately.

Nasty, I see your argument has nothing to do with recruiting at private schools and everything to do with a dislike of Catholics. I think it is the same for contrarian. I also find it more than a little pompous that you make a comment like that and have a signature that is not even a subtle sexual comment.

By the way, it seems obvious that the way your statements lack coherence, grammar and punctuation, that you started drinking early today.

Kirk Berggren
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: Kirk Berggren] #168608 04/14/10 11:56 PM
WillyM Offline
Cochise. You seem to be on a war path. Slow down before your horse throws a shoe.

Was the name calling and accusations really necessary?

I wouldn't let my son join the Boy Scouts!

Why would I hate Catholic? A great religion. I enjoy going to a Catholic ceremony: marriage, funeral, christening, Christmas Eve, Easter morning and see the deliight on the face of the Catholic attendees. Will say thev same about protestant religious cerenonies--although some are very uptight. Would like to attend and see a Jewish ceremony/service--don't know any Jews to invite me.

Last edited by Contrarian; 04/15/10 12:03 AM.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168610 04/15/10 12:18 AM
WillyM Offline
KC Mom. You are switching your arguement. Still apples and oranges.

How do we know if there is anything ilegal happening if someone does not investigate--maybe a litle strong--look into. If there were sanctions in the 1980s, does that not say that there may be cause for sanctions now. Someone did a boo boo in the 80s, maybe it is happening again.

Cheating. Don't even want to go there. Go read SVO69' post earlier today.

Somewhere at the end of a recent post someone stated that the parrish paid the tuition of the students from the parrish who attend KMC. Nothing wrong with that, except, if the parents of those students are claiming all of the parrish donations as an income tax deduction. Think that is illegal if it is happening. That would be public funding of church schools. Would warrant a severe sanction by KSHSAA, not the Government of Kansas--unless KS Dept of Revenue started proceedings to recover the lost income taxes.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: Cokeley] #168611 04/15/10 12:21 AM
WillyM Offline
Originally Posted By: Cokeley
Originally Posted By: Contrarian
Cokely, get a life.

Schalge is not a private school, its a KCKS public school. St. Josephs may have preceded STA, but was it a high school. I see no sports history for St. Joseph. I can believe that Miege, just down the street in Mission was at capacity and the Catholic community wanted another HS, a HS out SW to support the growing Johnson County population--thus STA on or around 1990. Having lived here and a HS sports fan and parent for 26 years, I probably know as much sports history as you.

As for Mr. Moeder, he must have realized-or was told-there was speculation on how his son got to SJA from far west Kansas--if not-why did he do his post. Well written and very straight forward. I am sure there was more than one speculator-he would have not felt the need to post if there was only one. Even if the speculations were wrong, why does that make them stupid.

Still looking a better response to the history of state champions--a history that include all the big sports-boys and girls-and soccer and volleyball. You originally asked for a 20 year history. You must have started a review yourself and found that only 20 years did not support your arguement, so you stretched it to 30 years when the the newer private schools-schols that have been winning state championships-did not exist. If nothing else you are devious. Me, I just keep asking the same questions and then watch the dancing.

You asked me my IQ. That in itself was an attempted slam. I told you what it was 37 years ago--back then I was a lot younger, 70 pounds lighter, and a lot more handsome and dashing.
What did you say your IQ was? To come up with pussfication??it must be in the extreme range.

Thanks for your concern but I have a life and unlike you I love living it. I enjoy these posts because it is FUN for me.

I apologize to all of the Schlagleites out there! By the way, knock down the count by whatever they have won in the past 30 years. I can do a 20 year count and it won't change much. The recent past is where the majority of the championships have been won. It could be that it is because of a huge shift in demographics out west and a general exodus from the west. By taken a greater historical look the number of championships won is not disproportionate to a great scale in the Big 5. As I looked through the past I noticed Conway Springs, Smith Center, Liberal, Salina Central, McPherson, and some others had periods of dominance. I would guess that folks moved into those areas to give their kids the best opportunity if they were focused on a particular sport. I am doubting there is any way to gather that data.

Lets define recruiting. I would say that is when you are being "given" something that is NOT available to anyone else in exchange for a student to play or participate. I really doubt there is much, if any, of that going on. Most private schools need every dollar they can get so they are not running around giving out free educations for a kid to play. However they are offering a superior product in most cases so the most motivated parents take their kids to the provider of the superior services which might include sports, other activities or just the education. NO ONE is stopping any public school from doing the same thing. What is stopping them is the politics, rules, regulations, policies, and other red tape created by years of "trying to be fair and leveling the playing field". Please use your time and 146 IQ to take a look back and look at the general emasculation of the public school systems. How many male teachers were there in 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000, 2010? How many administrators? The shift in policy is to suspend or expel as many students as we can! Study that trend for a while and get back to us.

Back to the Moeder's. SJA didn't call them, send them a letter, or reach out to them. Taylor is friends with Ryne and he came to our house to workout during the summer. He recognized the opportunities offered in the metro area that were not available in Colby. The family decided to move and they picked SJA over Mill Valley, DeSoto, Eudora, Lawrence High, Olathe NW and even Lansing! SJA had never heard of the Moeders so there was no recruiting. If sports were a factor he wasn't very smart to leave! Colby won a team state wrestling championship the first year he was at SJA and they finished 10th. It is the speculation that is frustrating because a closer look reveals that promotion is one thing and recruiting is quite another.

As for my IQ. I have never felt the need to measure. I am just smart enough to get myself into trouble and just smart enough to get myself out of trouble and have fun too. I get the bills paid and my kids look up to me. Whatever that number is, it is just fine with me!

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168614 04/15/10 12:35 AM
WillyM Offline
You aked about IQ. I told you. Now you want to belittle me, and by using two underline spaces you inicated the IQ must be less than 100.

Ref you daitribe on recruiting: What is "I really doubt there is much, if any, of that going on" That indicates that there is some going on, just not very much. How much is some and how much is much. The more you open your mouth the more you put your foot in it.

As for recruitment of Ryne and Moeder. I answered that previously. Again, recruitment of Ryne never crossed my mind. There was speculation about Moeder, but not expressed by me. Mr. Moeder answered in his own post.

For the rest of your post, same old worn out words we have heard before.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168618 04/15/10 02:17 AM
N
nastyway Offline
N
Actually i was just trying to be funny no hate of catholics just like to get people fired up and the recruiting thing is not a big deal to me because if thats all st thomas and bishop carrol can bring then they better get it down a little better they better take a note from cokeley he seems to be doing a fine job at it wait 3 more years and i bet they meaning sja will be competing for a title.

Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: nastyway] #168619 04/15/10 02:18 AM
N
nastyway Offline
N
a

Last edited by nastyway; 04/15/10 02:34 AM.

Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168620 04/15/10 02:38 AM
K
Kirk Berggren Offline
K
Contrarian,
Guess who said all these things?

I guess a related question is How many kids on free or reduced price meals at our affluent suburban parochial schools. Bet not many! Be nice to attend or work in a school where the biggest problem is probably dad wouldn't let Johnny or Bambi drive the Beemer to school today.

Ok. Good coaches and good programs win trophies. No arguement. Stll doe not account for the disparity in the state qualifers or champions in all sports from the parochial schools.

MFE. Do you have your white hood and sheet on. The only thing you apparantely know about inner city schools is what you see as you drive by on th way to your lily white world. Plus, you can see a lot of the same at our suburburan public schools. And, I have seen many of your boys and girls at various activities and it seems that away from school they dress and act just like the city kids---and they play their RAP music just as loud. Must be nice to live in isolation.

I am going to make a wild assumption that you are a token black at a big suburban parochial school. Why else wou you attack some kids----or, you really do have a white hood and sheet!

How many severe CP kids in crutches or wheel chairs do your schools have? How many BD kids? How many kids on reduced /free meals. I have yet to see ananswers on these questions from a 5A or 4A KV area suburban private school. If SPED is not a problem go talk to the Kansas budgeteers and the SM, Olathe and BV school districts.

have nothing personal against private or parochial schools. We are not Catholic. We sent our youngest son to a local Catholic elementary school--until we pulled him out because of a wacko nun teacher and a wacko nun principal. The son was drawing skateboarder symbols and the nuns were adament he was drawing swastikas. Had the nuns ask him what a swastika was and he said he did not know. when I asked the nuns how many of the 5th graders could explain immaculate conception, thats when we parted company!

I have figured out why private church based schools win so many high school championships nationwide. Students teachers, coaches and parents of these schools must be more Godly, and therefore God wants and makes them win.!!!

HAS to be the reason!!!

To hamper their wining would be un-Godly and sinful and would probably result in all us public school heathens being sent immediately to hell (do not pass GO and do not collect $200)(are Christian non-believers heathens and Muslim non-believers infidels--or is it the other way around?????can't keep it straight!)
I am not mocking God.

I am mocking all those who continue to offer a multitude of weak rationalizations and step around why there is such disparity between the accomplishments of parochial and public schools in athletics.

As for MFE, his wanting to slap the sh** out of a few people, or calling some of the kids pimps and prostitutes, is the lowest comments I have read on this board. Perhaps MFE is one of those more Godly people and he earns Heaven Points for his spreading the word!!

How many parishes credit parish donations to the catholic school tuition of the students whose family made the original donation to the parish--and the parents then claimed the parish donation as an itemized income tax deduction. Have catholic friends who told me this common.

If a black student from KC Harmon, a very much inner city schooland environment, with a voucher, with severe CP-in a wheel chair and requiring a full time para, are you and Cokely going to accept that student at your private school. I doubt it. But, I bet you will accept the normal child of the same religion as you who has a voucher. Why the voucher? Probably the parents, at the urging of the church and private school, just wanted to go to a private school. So, public funding of private schools. How will that improve public schools.

Please tell me what is the Lord's Diner. Do noy see it on the list of schools. Why go enroll the disabled child. Just have an administrator at STA, SJA, KMC, Bishop Carrol, Hayden, etc come on this forum and tell me they will accept the disabled child--and that he will even accept them without a voucher.

And again, go read what I said about church donations versus claiming that donation as a tax deduction if credited to the students tuition.

I have come to the conclusion that public schools can never compete with private schools in either athletics or academics. As long as public shcool administrators and teachers are uneducated, try to teach the un-disciplined and un-teachables, who look and act like pimps and prostitutes, there is no future for public education. I originally thought the best proposal, for public and private schools, would be to bump the private schools one classification. Now, in my opinion, the probable best course would be to separate private and public schools by creating one or more private school only classifications--perhaps even have private schools form their own separate activities association, their own leagues, their own post season state tournaments, and their own academic activities. They would not have to be concerned with public schools and we would not be concerned with them.

OK. I looked at the Fire web page. See a lot of fund raising activities, lots of golf tournaments, folks standing around grinning for the camera. What I do not see are pictures of severely handicapped children in a parochial school. I read the news article about the three special needs boys-did not see any pictures of the boys--what is their needs-and what assistance do they require--wheel chairs, crutches, paras. Apparently, since they play softball, their needs are not physical.

Before you start accusing others of name calling and making unfounded accusations, recall your own words. In all your statements I don't see much addressing the issues of supposed private school recruitment and the need to bump private schoosl up a class. I truly feel sorry for you. I don't know how you have been wronged or what happened to make you this angry, but I hope you don't speak the same way around your children.

I am on no warpath, but I have been watching these blogs without chiming in. Now I feel it is time to speak up. You have made this personal to you and hence to many of us also. I don't apologize for sending my kids to private school and you don't have to rationalize your decision.

Why don't you try to keep on subject instead to the personal attacks on the private schools and especially Cokeley. I don't know the history between you two, but both of you need to tone it down a notch toward each other.

Nasty,
I apologize for my comment. Contrarian is correct. My comment was uncalled for and I sincerely apologize. I won't say something stupid like that again.

Kirk Berggren
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: Kirk Berggren] #168650 04/15/10 05:02 PM
WillyM Offline
Mr. Moeder.

I do not understand your lastest post. I acknowledged you explanation in your previous post of how you and and you son got to Johnson County and SJA. I also stated I accepted you post with out question--which means I believed everything you posted. I did not ask for your response/explanation, nor do I know of any such request by any poster on this forum. What did I supposedly infer? Do not think I could have been clearer in what I said. I did say there was speculation on your move (on this web forum, in the stands at wrestling meets, etc. I read it, I heard it). But not my speculation. Plus, I did say that you must have know of the speculation or you would not have felt the need to post/respond. Have I commited some great foul, have I demeaned you or your son. I don't think so.

Last edited by Contrarian; 04/15/10 05:11 PM.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168651 04/15/10 05:42 PM
K
KC Sportsmom Offline
K
Once again CONTRARIAN, I restate my question to you-

I can't understand your reasoning as to WHY the multiplier would be better for KS wrestling than other to punish Catholic/private schools? Please explain.

Do you find that by making incendiary statements that you get out of having to answer the question directed to you?

By the way wouldn't you just love for one of us to tell you that we tithe to a Catholic church that our kids get to go to catholic school at and we count that as a DEDUCTION against our taxes? Wouldn't this just send YOU over the edge on this TAX day?

Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: moeder] #168652 04/15/10 06:10 PM
moeder Offline
[quote=moeder][quote=Contrarian]Cokely, get a life.

"As for Mr. Moeder, he must have realized-or was told-there was speculation on how his son got to SJA from far west Kansas--if not-why did he do his post. Well written and very straight forward. I am sure there was more than one speculator-he would have not felt the need to post if there was only one. Even if the speculations were wrong, why does that make them stupid."

I responded exactly to what you posted above. Specifically YOUR WORDS of: "if not-why did he do his post." Secondly YOUR WORDS: "He would have not felt the need to post if there was only one."

Those were your comments , I replied. As stated previously, I posted in support of the private school admitance in general, not for my son as an individual. I am no different than many of the others that have posted on here. We have given up alot, sold items, not bought items, not sent Taylor to certain camps, work-outs and too many other cost saving decisions to mention in order to afford his education at St. James. Am I am asking for your empathy or feeling sorry for myself or having "buyers remorse", absolutely not! We made our own decision and are very pleased that we did.
I believe you and I are very, very different personalities. You enjoy and thrive on the attention you are getting - I dont want or need it. You enjoy arguing and bickering just for the sake of arguing and bickering for entertainment - I prefer to stay away from the arguing and bickering as I dont find it entertaining and once I do get involved it becomes "personal" to me. I dont need that either! I'll end now on this topic. I am more than happy to continue with you personally through a PM if you feel it is necessary.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 130 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)