Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #186578 03/13/11 10:30 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Husker Fan
Thomas Lowe of Eureka HS is playing football next year at Butler County Community College. Thomas placed fourth at state in wrestling the last two years. Thomas is listed as a 6-1 210 pound linebacker on the football recruiting list.

Congratulations, Thomas Lowe, and best of luck with your football and academics next year at Butler County Community College.

Additional information on Thomas Lowe:

Thomas Lowe- First Team All TVL Linebacker
Honorable Mention TVL Reciever
First Team Grassland All-Star Linebacker

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #186621 03/13/11 04:46 PM
B
blainelori Offline
B
Dillon Salmans of Hoxie will be playing football at Garden City Community College next year. State placings: 5th, 3rd, 2 time state champ. Overall record 143-18.

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #186651 03/13/11 08:31 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Tate Omli of Ell-Saline HS is planning to play football next year at Bulter County CC. Tate is listed as a 5-11 195 FS on the football recruit website. Tate Omli was All District Quarterback and Defensive Back, 1st Team All State 2-1A Football Quarterback.

Tate Omli also had a great wrestling career. Tate was State Wrestling Champion as a junior in 2010 with a 34-0 record and repeated as State Champion this year as a Senior with a 38-1 record.

Tate Omli, congratulations on your great high school wrestling and football career. Also congratulations on signing with Butler Community College and good luck with your football and academics next year.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: blainelori] #186653 03/13/11 08:40 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: blainelori
Dillon Salmans of Hoxie will be playing football at Garden City Community College next year. State placings: 5th, 3rd, 2 time state champ. Overall record 143-18.

Dillon Salmans of Hoxie HS, Congratulations on your high school football and wrestling career. Good luck with your football and academics next year at Garden City Community College.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #186656 03/13/11 08:54 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I have two more football announcements of 2011 Kansas High School wrestlers. These two wrestled at Shawnee Heights HS coached by Chad Parks.

Donnie Lockhart will be playing football at Washburn University and Brandon Flanagan will be playing football and baseball at Butler County Community College.

Donnie Lockhart: Football Honors
- All State
- 2x All Centennial League
- 2x Topeka All City
- Shrine Bowl Runningback 2011
- 1300 rushing yards in 2009
- 1700 rushing yards in 2010
-Washburn University signee
Wrestling Honors-
- 2x 5A state finalist- 2011 5A 189lb State Champion (38-0)
- 2x Topeka All City
- 2x Centennial League Champion
- Ranked #1 at 189 All Classes- Metro Classic Selection

Brandon Flanagan: Football Honors
- All Centennial League
- Topeka All City- Butler CC signee
Baseball Honors:(will prob earn more this season)
- All Centennial League
- 2x Topeka All City- Butler CC signee
Wrestling Honors:
- 2x Topeka All City
- 3x State Qualifier- 5th at State in class 5A at 215

Congratulations to Donnie Lockhart on your high school athletic career. Good luck with you football and academics next year at Washburn University.

Congratulations to Brandon Flanagan on your multi sport high school athletic career. Good luck next year with your football, baseball and academics at Butler Community College.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: blainelori] #186659 03/13/11 09:05 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I will be featuring over the next couple of days Zack Tanenbaum, Derek Holly and Kyle Johnson.

Reported by posters to be wrestling next year at:

Tyler Baughman of Lansing HS---Briarcliff University Sioux City, IA
Spenser Blew of Lansing HS---Air Force Academy
Daniel Deshazer of Wichita Heights HS--University of Oklahoma--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Jake Gentzler of Andover Central---Arizona State University--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Zack Grimes of Osawatomie HS---Fort Hays State University
Derek Holly of Shawnee Heights HS---Fort Hays State University
Kyle Johnson of Columbus HS---Fort Hays State University
Taylor Moeder of St. James Academy---Old Dominion University
Dylan Penka of Kapaun Mt. Carmel---South Dakota State University
Zack Tanenbaum of Blue Valley North HS---Brown University Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011 Senior Wrestlers who are planning on attending college next year and participating in other sports or pursuing other interests:

Jesse Austin of Baldwin HS---Football and Track at Baker University
Derique Carey of Lansing HS---Football at Fort Scott Community College
Brandon Flanagan of Shawnee HS---Football & Baseball at Butler County Community College
Donnie Lockhart of Shawnee Height HS---Football at Washburn University
Thomas Lowe of Eureka HS---Football at Butler County Community College
Tate Omli of Ell-Saline HS---Football at Butler County Community College
Dillon Salmans of Hoxie HS---Football at Garden City Community College
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect and needs to be changed or if any additions or deletions need to be made to the above list. On additions it helps if I receive a confirmation by posting or private message from the wrestler, a parent, high school coach or college coach. Also it helps if I can get any accomplishments like state championships, state placing or qualifying, league titles so I can make special mention of that in the announcement with the listing. A link to a newspaper article of the signing is also a good confirmation source. Thank you

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #186696 03/14/11 02:14 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Zack Tanenbaum of Blue Valley North HS will wrestling and attending Brown University next year. Zach is one of the premier student athletes and wrestlers in the country. He has had an excellent wrestling and academic career. He will be continuing his wrestling career at a Division I wrestling program and his academic studies at an Ivy League school that is ranked in the top 15 in the country.

Zack Tanenbaum has a career high school record of 145-10. This season he had a perfect season record of 40-0 and currently ranked No.1 on Chief Renegade's All Class Ranking at 135. Zack is three time State Champion and a four time finalist taking Second his Freshman year. Zack is a 4 x Regional and League champ, 3 time Joco Classic champ, Bobcat Classic 1st (2011) and 2nd (2010). He is on the principal's honor roll and is a scholar athlete with a GPA of 4.0.

Zack Tanenbaum, congratulations on your high school wrestling and academic achievements. Best of luck next year with your wrestling and academics at Brown University.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #186797 03/14/11 11:58 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Derek Holly who wrestled at Shawnee Heights HS coached by Chad Parks will be wrestling next year at Fort Hays State University.

Derek Holly: Wrestling
- 35-4 Senior Record
- 2x state placer
- 2010 4th place
- 2011 State Runner-up
- Topeka All City 2010
- East KS Classic All Star Selection
- Southern Plains Double Champion (FS and GR)
- KS FS/GR National Team Member
- Fort Hays State University Signee

Football:
- Topeka All City
- All Centennial League

Track:(more to come this season)
- 2x State Qualifier in shot and disc
- Topeka All City
- All Centenial League

Derek Holly, congratulations on all of your accomplishments in your high school multi-sport career. Good luck next year in your wrestling and academics at Fort Hays State University.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #186854 03/15/11 11:48 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Kyle Johnson of Columbus HS will be wrestling next year at Fort Hays State University.

Kyle Johnson is a four time state placer. He is a three time finalist, taking second as a sophomore at 4A 125. Kyle took second place both as a junior and again this year as a senior in 4A 130. Kyle has a career record of 122-34 and is currently ranked #4 on Chief Renegade's All Class Ranking.

Kyle Johnson, congratulations on your all your accomplishments during your high school wrestling career. Good luck in your wrestling and academics next year at Fort Hays State University.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #186928 03/17/11 02:53 AM
N
Never give up Offline
N
Seth Miller-Goodland verbally committed to NWKTC

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Never give up] #186946 03/17/11 10:22 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Never give up, this is good news but please send me a private message.

I will need to have confirmation from a parent, coach, wrestler or newspaper article before I include Seth Miller's name on the list.

Also if you have any career statistics including record, places, honors etc. on Seth I would appreciate that too.

Thank you.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Never give up] #187013 03/18/11 02:49 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Never give up
Seth Miller-Goodland verbally committed to NWKTC

Seth Miller of Goodland High School has verbally committed to NWKTC. Seth Miller placed 2nd at State in 3-2-1A 130 this year.

Seth Miller, Congratulations on your high school wrestling career and good luck next year at NWKTC.

Tyler Baughman of Lansing HS---Briar Cliff University (Sioux City, IA)
Daniel Deshazer of Wichita Heights HS--University of Oklahoma--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Jake Gentzler of Andover Central---Arizona State University--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Seth Miller of Goodland HS---NWWTC
Zack Tanenbaum of Blue Valley North HS---Brown University Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11

2011 Senior Wrestlers who are planning on attending college next year and participating in other sports or pursuing other interests:

Brandon Flanagan of Shawnee HS---Football & Baseball at Butler County Community College
Trent Robb of Perry-Lecompton HS---Football at Ottawa University

Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect and needs to be changed or if any additions or deletions need to be made to the above list. On additions it helps if I receive a confirmation by posting or private message from the wrestler, a parent, high school coach or college coach. Also it helps if I can get any accomplishments like state championships, state placing or qualifying, league titles so I can make special mention of that in the announcement with the listing. A link to a newspaper article of the signing is also a good confirmation source. Thank you

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #187060 03/18/11 11:01 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Trent Robb of Perry-Lecompton HS:

He will be attending Ottawa University next fall on a football scholarship. His awards this year included 1st team Big Seven Defensive back, 1st team all area Lawrence Journal World Defensive Back,Honorable mention running back Big Seven League Honorable mention Class 4A all state defensive back. 2009 football awards 2nd team Kaw Valley league defensive back,2nd team all area ljw defensive back. He lead the Kaws in tackles for 3 straight years including the state championship runner up team of 2008. Trent is also a 2x state wrestling qualifer 2009 and 2011. He took 6th place this year at Class 4A state tournament at 152 lbs. Congratulations to him on an outstanding high school career on the field and in the classroom.

Trent Robb, good luck to you next year with your football and academics at Ottawa University.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #187105 03/19/11 04:59 AM
Paratroop Offline
Originally Posted By: Husker Fan
Trent Robb of Perry-Lecompton HS:

He will be attending Ottawa University next fall on a football scholarship. His awards this year included 1st team Big Seven Defensive back, 1st team all area Lawrence Journal World Defensive Back,Honorable mention running back Big Seven League Honorable mention Class 4A all state defensive back. 2009 football awards 2nd team Kaw Valley league defensive back,2nd team all area ljw defensive back. He lead the Kaws in tackles for 3 straight years including the state championship runner up team of 2008. Trent is also a 2x state wrestling qualifer 2009 and 2011. He took 6th place this year at Class 4A state tournament at 152 lbs. Congratulations to him on an outstanding high school career on the field and in the classroom.

Trent Robb, good luck to you next year with your football and academics at Ottawa University.

Congratulations Trent! Great kid who always gave back to younger wrestlers. A beast on the field and on the mat, and as always, a great role model that many kids look up to. Good for you. You will do well in whatever you do!

B. Star
Lawrence, KS
Sunflower Kids Wrestling Club
"Rivals on the mat, friends in life"
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Paratroop] #187124 03/19/11 03:17 PM
10yrsAfter Offline
Did I miss something? Where is Ryne Cokeley going to school?

Last edited by 10yrsAfter; 03/19/11 03:18 PM.

Jeff Holmes
Former coach
Current educator
Always a fan
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: 10yrsAfter] #187125 03/19/11 03:49 PM
chewie Offline
I think they said on the Metro Classic broadcast Wisconsin.

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: chewie] #187126 03/19/11 03:58 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: chewie
I think they said on the Metro Classic broadcast Wisconsin.

I believe I heard that too on the broadcast but I want to be sure that is Ryne's final decision before I add that to the list. I would like to hear that either from Will, Ryne, Coach Medina, the Wisconsin coach or possibly see it on a Wisconsin website announcement before I would add that to this list.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #187131 03/19/11 05:30 PM
10yrsAfter Offline
Actually, I was watching Barry Davis (the Wisconsin coach) today during the medal round of the NCAAs and he mentioned getting a kid from Kansas. Was wondering who that was. Great catch for the Badgers and congratulations Ryne. And Will, good luck with the NCAA!

Jeff Holmes
Former coach
Current educator
Always a fan
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #187366 03/22/11 08:52 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Adam Guthmiller from St. Francis HS has signed to play football for Sterling College next. Adam was 1st Team Linebacker his junior and senior year. 2nd Team Offensive Tackle his junior year and Honorable Mention Linebacker his sophomore year.

Adam was a 2nd place finisher at 3-2-1A State as a senior at 215 in 2011 with a record of 36-3 and a state qualifier as a junior.

Adam Guthmiller, congratulations on your high school football and wrestling career. Good luck next year with your football and academics at Sterling College.

Tyler Baughman of Lansing HS---Briar Cliff University (Sioux City, IA)
Seth Miller of Goodland HS---NWWTC

Adam Guthmiller of St. Francis HS---Football at Sterling College
Trent Robb of Perry-Lecompton HS---Football at Ottawa University

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #187383 03/22/11 08:54 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
Keep up the good work Vince.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 169 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)