Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189388 04/20/11 11:17 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Husker Fan
Bo Newport of LaCygne-Prairie View HS is signing tomorrow with Baker University.

- 43-4 Senior Record
- 164-32 Career Record
- 2x Regional Champion
- 4x State Qualifier, 3x State Placer
- 2009 4th Place
- 2010 State Runner-up
- 2011 State Runner-up

- 2x Outstanding Wrestler 2011
- 2011 All Class Dual Team Member
- 2011 Metro Classic Team Member
- 2011 Senior Classic Team Member

Bo Newport, congratulations on your high school wrestling accomplishments. Good luck next year with your wrestling and academics at Baker University.

Bo is one tough kid. Nice choice by Baker!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Chief Renegade] #189389 04/20/11 11:22 AM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
congrats to mario carado. a great young man, who has yet to reach his full potential. here's to years of success at the next level. great job mario!

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: HEADUP] #189398 04/20/11 01:53 PM
T
Tommyboy Offline
T
Congrats to Mario, look forward to you and Jake wrestling in college.
Dan Gentzler

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Tommyboy] #189429 04/21/11 12:07 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I received the following message today from Coach Singer:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vince,
As the head coach for Topeka High School wrestling, I am pleased to announce that William Hunter will sign with Midland University and Coach Vest. Will Hunter has the following accomplishments:

2x state qualifier
KWCA Honorable Mention Academic Team

Will also participated in Cross Country

Thank you.

Erich Singer
Special Educator
THS Head Wrestling Coach

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

William Hunter, congratulations on your high school wrestling and cross country career. Good luck with your wrestling and academics next year at Midland University.

Reported by posters to be wrestling next year at:

Taylor Baird of Pratt HS---Pratt Community College
Tyler Baughman of Lansing HS---Briar Cliff University (Sioux City, IA)
Spenser Blew of Lansing HS---Air Force Academy
Troy Clark of Chanute HS---Neosho County Community College
Mario Corado of Pittsburg HS---North Carolina State University
Daniel Deshazer of Wichita Heights HS--University of Oklahoma--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Tyler Dryden of Kapaun-Mt. Carmel HS---Fort Hays State University
Garrett Dunkelberger of Cheney HS---Pratt Community College
Jake Gentzler of Andover Central---Arizona State University--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Zack Grimes of Osawatomie HS---Fort Hays State University
Zach Hoehn of Wellsville HS---Pratt Community College
Derek Holly of Shawnee Heights HS---Fort Hays State University
William Hunter of Topeka HS---Midland University
Kyle Johnson of Columbus HS---Fort Hays State University
Landon Keiswetter of Norton HS---Pratt Community College
Bradley Little of Derby HS---Fort Hays State University
Zach Litvak of Gardner Edgerton HS---Baker University
Aspen Kmiec of Shawnee Heights HS---Labette Community College
Airen Maxwell of Piper HS---Fort Hays State University
Seth Miller of Goodland HS---NWKTC
Taylor Moeder of St. James Academy---Old Dominion University
Bo Newport of LaCygne-Prairie View HS---Baker University
Dylan Penka of Kapaun Mt. Carmel---South Dakota State University
Chase Sanchez of Emporia HS---Bethany College
Zack Tanenbaum of Blue Valley North HS---Brown University Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Brett Terrell of Norton-Norton Comm HS---NWKTC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011 Senior Wrestlers who are planning on attending college next year and participating in other sports or pursuing other interests:

Jesse Austin of Baldwin HS---Football and Track at Baker University
Derique Carey of Lansing HS---Football at Fort Scott Community College
Brandon Flanagan of Shawnee HS---Football & Baseball at Butler County Community College
Donnie Lockhart of Shawnee Height HS---Football at Washburn University
Thomas Lowe of Eureka HS---Football at Butler County Community College
Gabe Nelson of Wichita North HS---Soccer at Friends University
Tate Omli of Ell-Saline HS---Football at Butler County Community College
Trent Robb of Perry-Lecompton HS---Football at Ottawa University
Dillon Salmans of Hoxie HS---Football at Garden City Community College
Dillon Scanlon of Lansing HS---ROTC at Cal-Poly
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former Kansas High School wrestlers signing to wrestle with new colleges next year:

Colby Crank of Hutchinson HS Class of 2009---Bethany College

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect and needs to be changed or if any additions or deletions need to be made to the above list. On additions it helps if I receive a confirmation by posting or private message from the wrestler, a parent, high school coach or college coach. Also it helps if I can get any accomplishments like state championships, state placing or qualifying, league titles so I can make special mention of that in the announcement with the listing. A link to a newspaper article of the signing is also a good confirmation source. Thank you

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189533 04/25/11 01:38 PM
K
KCRealtor Offline
K
Yesterday morning at church I spoke with the grandparents of James Lohman from Turner HS. They told me James was accepting a scholarship to wrestle at Missouri Valley College. He took 2nd this year in 5A at 130 lbs. Congratulations!

James Lohman of Turner HS---Missouri Valley College

Lenny Mullin
Mill Valley HS, old dad and wrestling supporter

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: KCRealtor] #189544 04/25/11 11:26 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: KCRealtor
Yesterday morning at church I spoke with the grandparents of James Lohman from Turner HS. They told me James was accepting a scholarship to wrestle at Missouri Valley College. He took 2nd this year in 5A at 130 lbs. Congratulations!

Lenny Mullin
Mill Valley HS, old dad and wrestling supporter

James Lohman, congratulations on your high school wrestling career. Good luck on your wrestling and academics next year at Missouri Valley College.

Reported by posters to be wrestling next year at:

Zach Anderson of Clay Center Community HS---Labette Community College
Taylor Baird of Pratt HS---Pratt Community College
Tyler Baughman of Lansing HS---Briar Cliff University (Sioux City, IA)
Spenser Blew of Lansing HS---Air Force Academy
Troy Clark of Chanute HS---Neosho County Community College
Mario Corado of Pittsburg HS---North Carolina State University
Daniel Deshazer of Wichita Heights HS--University of Oklahoma--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Tyler Dryden of Kapaun-Mt. Carmel HS---Fort Hays State University
Garrett Dunkelberger of Cheney HS---Pratt Community College
Jake Gentzler of Andover Central---Arizona State University--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Zack Grimes of Osawatomie HS---Fort Hays State University
Zach Hoehn of Wellsville HS---Pratt Community College
Derek Holly of Shawnee Heights HS---Fort Hays State University
William Hunter of Topeka HS---Midland University
Kyle Johnson of Columbus HS---Fort Hays State University
Landon Keiswetter of Norton HS---Pratt Community College
Bradley Little of Derby HS---Fort Hays State University
Zach Litvak of Gardner Edgerton HS---Baker University
Aspen Kmiec of Shawnee Heights HS---Labette Community College
Airen Maxwell of Piper HS---Fort Hays State University
Seth Miller of Goodland HS---NWKTC
Taylor Moeder of St. James Academy---Old Dominion University
Bo Newport of LaCygne-Prairie View HS---Baker University
Dylan Penka of Kapaun Mt. Carmel---South Dakota State University
Chase Sanchez of Emporia HS---Bethany College
Zack Tanenbaum of Blue Valley North HS---Brown University Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Brett Terrell of Norton-Norton Comm HS---NWKTC

2011 Senior Wrestlers who are planning on attending college next year and participating in other sports or pursuing other interests:

Jesse Austin of Baldwin HS---Football and Track at Baker University
Derique Carey of Lansing HS---Football at Fort Scott Community College
Brandon Flanagan of Shawnee HS---Football & Baseball at Butler County Community College
Donnie Lockhart of Shawnee Height HS---Football at Washburn University
Thomas Lowe of Eureka HS---Football at Butler County Community College
Gabe Nelson of Wichita North HS---Soccer at Friends University
Tate Omli of Ell-Saline HS---Football at Butler County Community College
Trent Robb of Perry-Lecompton HS---Football at Ottawa University
Dillon Salmans of Hoxie HS---Football at Garden City Community College
Dillon Scanlon of Lansing HS---ROTC at Cal-Poly
Former Kansas High School wrestlers signing to wrestle with new colleges next year:

Colby Crank of Hutchinson HS Class of 2009---Bethany College

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect and needs to be changed or if any additions or deletions need to be made to the above list. On additions it helps if I receive a confirmation by posting or private message from the wrestler, a parent, high school coach or college coach. Also it helps if I can get any accomplishments like state championships, state placing or qualifying, league titles so I can make special mention of that in the announcement with the listing. A link to a newspaper article of the signing is also a good confirmation source. Thank you

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189545 04/25/11 11:34 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Quote:
Zach Anderson has committed to wrestle for Labette Community College in Parsons, KS next season. Zach was a 2x State Finalist at 189 lbs. for Clay Center Community High School. He had a career record of 130-31 with 90 falls. He was also a KWCA all academic first team selection.

Zach Anderson, congratulations on your high school wrestling career. Best of luck with your wrestling and academics next year at Labette Community College.

Quote:
Forgot to mention Zach was a State Champion this past season at 189lbs. Nice pick up for the Cardinals!_________________________
Brandon Pigorsch
Head Wrestling Coach
Clay Center Community High School

Last edited by Husker Fan; 04/28/11 12:03 AM. Reason: Additional information in last paragraph

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189617 04/27/11 04:34 PM
Kevin Cathcart Offline
Tyler Douglass of Wamego High School will wrestle for Baker University next year. Tyler Signed with Coach May in November.
Tyler Douglass was a 3X State Quailifer for Wamego High School
and Helped the Team to Win KWCA Academic State Champion Honors
I believe Tyler will wrestle either 157 or 165 for Baker.

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Kevin Cathcart] #189618 04/27/11 04:46 PM
I
ike Offline
I
He's not a KS High School kid but Walker Clarke (Labette CC) has signed with Ft. Hays State. He was a NJCAA National Champ and National Runner-Up for the Cardinals. He was a 3x Oklahoma State Champ and 4x Finalist. He will wrestle 184/197 and will be an instant title contender for the Tigers. Serious talent!

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189620 04/27/11 05:00 PM
B
BrandonPigorsch Offline
B
Forgot to mention Zach was a State Champion this past season at 189lbs. Nice pick up for the Cardinals!

Brandon Pigorsch
Head Wrestling Coach
Clay Center Community High School
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: ike] #189621 04/27/11 05:00 PM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
Fort Hays is also getting another 197 from a Division I school... not to hi-jack the thread.

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Bronco Wrestler] #189622 04/27/11 05:26 PM
I
ike Offline
I
Not really a thread hi-jack...very related to the thread subject. Clarke is really a 84 and I think that is where he is going to be.

Also, Anderson is a big pick up for the Cardinals!

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Kevin Cathcart] #189634 04/27/11 11:52 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Kevin Cathcart
Tyler Douglass of Wamego High School will wrestle for Baker University next year. Tyler Signed with Coach May in November.
Tyler Douglass was a 3X State Quailifer for Wamego High School and Helped the Team to Win KWCA Academic State Champion Honors.
I believe Tyler will wrestle either 157 or 165 for Baker.

Tyler Douglass, congratulations on your high school wrestling career. Best of luck in your wrestling and academics next year at Baker University.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Bronco Wrestler] #189635 04/28/11 12:00 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Bronco Wrestler
Fort Hays is also getting another 197 from a Division I school... not to hi-jack the thread.

I think it is okay to talk about other college subjects on this thread, especially when it relates to our Kansas college and university wrestling programs or the athletes who have wrestled at those institutions. The overwhelming majority of the topic will without a doubt be about our 2011 Kansas high school wrestlers and their signing announcements but I am sure they too are interested in other subjects that relate to the schools that they are about to attend.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189636 04/28/11 12:04 AM
L
lakemats Offline
L
Brett LaMar of Silver Lake,Ks has transfered to Labette from New Mexico State. Brett was a State finalist in 2010 in Class 4A for Silver Lake and a 3X State Qualifier in 3-2-1A. He is a projected 133lb.

Tim Horgan
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: BrandonPigorsch] #189637 04/28/11 12:07 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: BrandonPigorsch
Forgot to mention Zach was a State Champion this past season at 189lbs. Nice pick up for the Cardinals!

Coach, thanks for the update and I added that to my original post on that from Monday 4-25-11.

Congratulations, Zach Anderson, on your State Championship this year.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: ike] #189638 04/28/11 12:16 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: ike
He's not a KS High School kid but Walker Clarke (Labette CC) has signed with Ft. Hays State. He was a NJCAA National Champ and National Runner-Up for the Cardinals. He was a 3x Oklahoma State Champ and 4x Finalist. He will wrestle 184/197 and will be an instant title contender for the Tigers. Serious talent!

That is a very impressive recruiting victory for Fort Hays State. Congratulations to Fort Hays State on signing Walker Clarke of Labette CC.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189639 04/28/11 12:28 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Here is an announcement of one of the top multi-sport athletes in Kansas this year.

Jake Hattabaugh of Andale HS just signed today to wrestle for
Newman University.

Here is a list of his accomplishments.

Football:
4a all state linebacker 1st team
4a all state runningback 1st team
2010 Wichita all metro team
AVCTL Div. 4 all league running back
AVCTL Div. 4 all league linebacker
AVCTL Div. 4 offensive MVP
VYPE Magazine 29th all class

Wrestling:
AVCTL Div. 4 all league 1st team 2009,2010,2011
AVCTL Div. 4 wrestler of the year 2011
321a 6th 140, 2008
4a 145 state champion 2009
4a 160 state champion 2011

Jake Hattabaugh, congratulations on all your multi-sport high school athletic accomplishments. Good luck with your wrestling and academics next year at Newman University.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189640 04/28/11 12:35 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H

http://www.bethanyswedes.com/article/1316.php

Colt McElroy, Garden City, Kan., has signed a letter of intent to wrestle at Bethany College for the 2011-2012 academic year.

McElroy comes to Bethany from Garden City High School, where he was the WAC Champion in wrestling all three years. He was a regional runner-up and state qualifier his freshman year. During his senior year, McElroy earned WAC all-area honors, placed fourth in regionals, and placed fifth in the state.

In addition to wrestling, McElroy also participated in football and cross country. McElroy has received the Fort Hays State University Visual Arts Center Department of Art recognition, [color:#ff00]WAC Honorable Mention Academic honors[/color], and the Community Recognition for Neighborhood Improvement Project award.

Head Wrestling Coach Jacob Marrs says, "Colt McElroy and Chase Sanchez, our first signee, go way back and are great friends which should benefit our team chemistry right away. I have a feeling Colt is going to get off to a fast start and we are excited about his potential as a member of our team."

McElroy is the son of Bridget Rhoades. He has a 3.3 grade point average and is undecided on his major at this time.

Colt McElroy, congratulations on your multi-sport athletic career and your other high school accomplishments. Good luck with your wrestling and academics next year at Bethany College.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: lakemats] #189642 04/28/11 12:46 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: lakemats
Brett LaMar of Silver Lake,Ks has transfered to Labette from New Mexico State. Brett was a State finalist in 2010 in Class 4A for Silver Lake and a 3X State Qualifier in 3-2-1A. He is a projected 133lb.

Brett LaMar, good luck next year with your academics and wrestling at Labette Community College.

Vince Nowak

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 73 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,938
Posts250,369
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)