Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ref with guts at Maize #181215 02/07/11 03:35 AM
W
win by pin Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Was at Maize and saw a great match in the finals at 10 & under 67. The match ended 1 to 0 with the one point being a penilty point. It is about time a ref awarded a point for this kind of dirty wrestling. Don't know the refs name but we need more like you.

Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: win by pin] #181223 02/07/11 12:26 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
I thought he did well in that match and also in several other mathces.

There were alot of quality officials at that tournament.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: win by pin] #181224 02/07/11 12:34 PM
E
eyeworks4u Offline
E
The reffs name is Justin Crabbs ! I was at that match as well and even though Im a little partial to Justin I have to say great job , and awesome call as well !!!!!!!!!!!

ksrasslinreff
Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: Teamroper] #181225 02/07/11 12:40 PM
E
eyeworks4u Offline
E
I heard alot of great comments and good things about the reffs at Maize ! I will extend gratitude , thanks , and apreciation from all of them to all of you ! THANKS GUYS !!!!!

ksrasslinreff
Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: eyeworks4u] #181412 02/08/11 05:48 PM
C
Crucifix Offline
C
I also was at matside when this unsportsman like conduct was going on. To the dad who was taping this match, take the tape and teach your son how not to beat himself. It will just get worse the older he gets. Don't give your new club a bad name like you did your old one

Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: win by pin] #181488 02/09/11 01:55 PM
H
haskins6 Offline
H
What did the wrestler do that was so dirty?

Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: Crucifix] #181497 02/09/11 02:18 PM
H
haskins6 Offline
H
The wrestler in question wasn't dirty at his old club. What did he do that was so dirty? I didn't see the match.

Last edited by haskins6; 02/09/11 02:34 PM.
Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: haskins6] #181500 02/09/11 02:54 PM
C
Crucifix Offline
C
He pushed the kid he was wrestling under the scores table after the whistle. He elbowed the other wrestled in the back of the neck after the whistle. The other wrestlers fingers were bleeding after the match fron him clawing with his finger nails. In the past i have watched the wrestler in question poke fingers in the eyes of who he was wrestling. Hell he even bit Boo Dryden a couple years ago at state and got Dis qualified.So haskins6 I dont know what you think dirty wrestling is but one of these days he is going to do it to the WRONG KID and the wrestling will be over and the ASS WHIP will start.

Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: Crucifix] #181520 02/09/11 05:02 PM
H
haskins6 Offline
H
My name is Aaron haskins not haskins6 and I've watched him wrestle for years. And you are wrong he's not dirty. Yes he's lost it a few times but 99 percent of the time he's been a clean wrestler. Not to mention if he were that dirty why would coach drydon let them on his team. Funny thing is you don't condone what he did but you would condone someone beating him up that makes you a hypocrite my man.

Last edited by haskins6; 02/09/11 05:21 PM.
Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: Crucifix] #181524 02/09/11 05:43 PM
D
Dboyzz4sho! Offline
D
cruifux'you r a joke,we come to wrestle!its not a track meet,its WRESTLING! SEE U AT THE NEXT LEVEL------MAYBE

Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: Dboyzz4sho!] #181527 02/09/11 06:11 PM
C
Crucifix Offline
C
dboyzz4sho you are the joke this next level you talk about how you going to get there when you cant even win Maize. 3 years trying = no belt. ha ha the joke is on you PUNK

Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: haskins6] #181533 02/09/11 06:41 PM
H
haskins6 Offline
H
That's funny how many national championships does that kid have. I'd say yes we will see him at the next level.

Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: Crucifix] #181536 02/09/11 06:55 PM
D
Dboyzz4sho! Offline
D
We r talking Maize right! Let's see 4 belts n three years,maize right-nothing against Maize great tournament.but like i said ur a JOKE! STEP Yo GAME UP!nationally known good or bad! Mostly Good! Joker Holla At Me Next time ur mat side watching my son wrestling! Lol

Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: haskins6] #181541 02/09/11 07:26 PM
D
Deucesmom Offline
D
First off let me say that the wrestler in question, DID pass skin and nail check. Would I be mad if my wrestler came off the mat from wrestling and his hands (which I didn't see) were cut up from his opponent?, sure I would be but I wouldn't go to the opponents coaches about it. Go complain to the people who checked him in. Second, lets put ourselves in these 2 boys shoes. The pressure these boys feel to WIN is enormous no doubt. I watched the match along with everyone else. Did I think both kids were stalling? Without a doubt. Did I think the wrestler in question was frustrated for being the only one called for stalling, sure do, heck so was I. No matter who you are (and I do partially believe that the kid in question was called for stalling solely on name recognition only) you should not have to beat the ref as well. Another ref came over after the match and asked one of our coaches what happened. He explained up to and including the undeserved elbow. The ref asked if the penalty point decided the match, which it did. The ref then said this: "Well, you shouldn't leave it up to the ref to decide the match for you." I agree whole heartedly and have used that line time and again. But at some point if I'm this kid, I have to wonder every time I get on the mat if I am going to get screwed by the ref. His demeanor has changed dramatically since wresling for Boos' School. Yes he may get mad and throw his leg band after a loss but his coaches are always quick to remedy the situation and he does what he is told/asked to do. For those that know him only by what he does on the mat are missing a GREAT kid off the mat. He is a sweet, kind, very well mannered, soft spoken kid. On the mat he is a warrior.

Crucifix: Let me just say this, my son is a GREAT wrestler, (beep beep) Guess what, we haven't won Maize the last 2 years. Do you honestly think that people are going to be talking about who won Maize in 2011? My guess is they will be talking about who won State? It's a belt for god sake, NOT a state title of which, we have won 4. (beep beep again)

Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: Dboyzz4sho!] #181543 02/09/11 07:38 PM
W
win by pin Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I dont think crucifix is talking about his brothers acomplishments just his. keshawn has no belts from Maize that i can recall. but correct me if i am wrong. Beason beat him for the belt in 09,after the match keshawn pushed him in the face and knocked him down. 2010 Mason Turner beat him, no fit after the match. and this year 2011 Beason won by penilty point for elbow to the back of the head. And any Nat. titles in 6 and under is well just 6 and under

Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: win by pin] #181545 02/09/11 07:53 PM
D
Deucesmom Offline
D
So just when do your accolades start counting? (that means accomplishments) And by the way, I didn't ask for KeSean's Maize wrestling history. I will say that I'm pretty sure no colleges look at what you did when you wrestled in kids club. BUT this is where you LEARN. Give the kid a chance to grow up and learn some technique. He is very young and will no doubt grow up to be a great athlete like others in his family. I truly don't think when he steps on the mat, he intends to be a "dirty" wrestler. (as some of you have called him) He gets upset and lets that get the best of him and in turn does something to beat himself. He was talked to about it. Let's see if his new coaches can reign him in and bring out the best this little guy has to offer.

Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: win by pin] #181556 02/09/11 08:22 PM
D
Dboyzz4sho! Offline
D
You r right I'm just talking maize belts that's all, but check ur facts before u text,partner! 6 and under twice 8 under once that's just Tulsa nationals,o I think last year he won kick off classic( 10year old) can' remember all of them either.Step Yo GAME Up!

Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: Dboyzz4sho!] #181560 02/09/11 09:16 PM
Beeson Offline
Tracy, you are right. Maize belts and local tournaments don't count and no one will remember or care in a couple of years. Kids State Championships don't really matter either. There are several kids who have won state championships and never did anything in High School.

Unfortunately, I do feel like I have to defend Jake after you and Sean's post. Your right, both of these kids feel alot of pressure to perform. Mostly from adults making such a big deal about the match. But with this added pressure, Jake has never thrown a punch, shoved the opposing wrestler into the table, thrown an elbow, poked him in the eye, shredded his fingers, or called him a B#$@C. Why should my child have to be subject to this type of behavior everytime they wrestle? I'm tired of it. The last two times they have wrestled, your wrestler has lost because he threw an elbow or was unsportsmanlike. I truly hope your wrestler can learn to control his emotions. He really is a great little wrestler, I just wish that is all he would do. As a parent I am going to do my best to make sure these two don't wrestle again this year. Even if that means wrestling up a weight class.

Just for the Record, I think Jake is a pretty good kid. I don't know of him ever disrespecting either one of you.

Last edited by Beeson; 02/09/11 09:26 PM.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: Dboyzz4sho!] #181562 02/09/11 09:49 PM
C
Crucifix Offline
C
As far as nationals the only real one is tulsa. kickoff is not as tough. But as long as we are counting I didn't see him on the award stand this year what happend? You had better STEP YOUR GAME UP

Re: Ref with guts at Maize [Re: Crucifix] #181571 02/09/11 11:05 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
This is what I know.

I have known the Beeson, DeShazer, Dryden and Spangler families for years and I love you all.

That said, Chad do not get all teary eyed because I love Tracey more. It is that female thing you know.

Now, how about all the outsiders stop stirring the pot for these little warriors and just let them wrestle.

Richard D. Salyer
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 174 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)