Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
District II meeting? #10781 09/25/04 12:01 AM
S
sportsfan02 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Anyone heard of a date or time? Tick tock people.

Re: District II meeting? #10782 09/25/04 09:12 PM
Coachjt Offline
District II was not represented at the State board meeting as usual, so a date was not set?

District II Director – Kirk Heithaus - Absent
Assistant Director – Jeremy Biddle - Absent
Assistant Director – Danny Saldana - Absent
Freestyle Director – Charles Knox - Present

Re: District II meeting? #10783 09/25/04 10:33 PM
S
soonerdad Offline
S
This seems to be a every year deal. If they did not want to do the job why did they accept and run for the office they hold. We have the best district and need people to be there to represent us.

Re: District II meeting? #10784 09/26/04 07:59 AM
Mike Furches Offline
I thought there was discussion last year about change in some of the officer positions. Whatever happened with that?

Re: District II meeting? #10785 09/26/04 11:36 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
There was discussion regarding the Director's inability to attend the necessary meetings.

The Executive Council was unhappy with the lack of representation at the meetings from District II representatives. The unhappiness was justified as there were no telephone calls to explain, either in advance, or after the fact, why the no show.

During the bid process for the Kids State Tournament, District II had no representative present at the meeting. With the assistance of Bob Hanson and the Wichita Sports Commission, the low bid was presented by District II to host the tournament, however with no representation at the meeting, the Executive Council rightly awarded the contract to a known entity.

As all in attendance will recall, prior to the vote for Director, I specifically addressed the situation to the Director running for re-election. I informed the Director of the unhappiness of the Executive Council over his attendance at the meetings. I, and the attendees of the meeting were given an assurance the Director would attend all future meetings.

The Director did not attend the State Body Meeting which was held shortly after the election. The South's Assistant Director, who is the Director's hand picked choice for successor, also has not attended.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: District II meeting? #10786 09/26/04 11:43 AM
S
sportsfan02 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Furches:
I thought there was discussion last year about change in some of the officer positions. Whatever happened with that?
I won't mention names but someone forgot to bring the tar and feathers.
As to this years meeting, it has come to my attention that some of the rank and file have taken it upon themselves to get this meeting organized. I would expect to hear something Monday or Tuesday. Due to the late date we might need volunteers to call the clubs to inform them of the meeting.

Re: District II meeting? #10787 09/27/04 02:15 PM
Mike Furches Offline
Quote:
I won't mention names but someone forgot to bring the tar and feathers.
Don't want you thinking that I was trying to provide any tar and feathers, just responding to a post from Coach T. Jeremy did email me and let me know what was going on regarding his behalf and I responded with a lengthy email. I have a great deal of respect for Jeremy and the rest of the Biddle Family. They have without a doubt contributed to the betterment of Kansas wrestling and have a long tradition in helping our sport. I know that at the one meeting in question Jeremy had a very valid reason to not be there, there is a chance that others did as well.

I would have to be honest here and express some concern. Is what was posted by Richard Salyer true? By the way, which was made after my post and something I had no knowledge of. If it is true, I don’t personally see it as a tar and feathering as much as a statement of facts. If it is, then there are things that are apparent that we have to get under control in District 2. One of those is making sure that at State Board Meetings that we have appropriate representation there from those who represent us. I also realize that it is possible that there was not appropriate notification to those in the District that needed to be there. I don't know and will gladly plead ignorance on the situation. Clarification for those of us who live and are a part of District 2 are in order. I could comment further on Richard’s post and may well do so if clarification is given on the issues brought up in it.

Re: District II meeting? #10788 09/27/04 05:05 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Sadly, what Mr. Salyer says is accurate. There are more things that have happened regarding the above described situation than any of us would care to discuss in an open forum. Suffice it to say the situation is being addressed.

Re: District II meeting? #10789 09/28/04 02:14 AM
Coachjt Offline
You don't have to go to the State Board meetings to run the District. But if you want a say in the State rulings then you need to have your district represented to voice their opinion.

For years our District leaders have been trying to get District II people to volunteer to be on the State board so we can be better represented. For a few years now you have had Barry Disney as the State Treasurer, Loren Anthony Officials Representative and John Terrell (me) as a Club Representative and our then District leaders don't show up, so we end up have one or two opinions instead of seven?

I have a job and I also coach Wrestling, Football, Baseball & Softball. I am going year around yet I can still make my schedule work so I can make all the meetings. I don't understand why others miss every meeting? THIS IS BULL!!! (everyone allways has an excuse?) If you are going to commit to run an organization then you should be there ALL THE TIME!

This is my last year in wrestling; I am leaving to concentrate more on Baseball & Softball. So my position is up for grabs at the State meeting (Kansas Kids Executive Board & Corporate Board of Directors), It is a state voted position and the way District II is represented we will probably lose that position?

Like I said, you can run the District without going to the State meetings, but I think you should make sure whoever you vote into the District II positions will represent you at ALL the State Board meetings?

Re: District II meeting? #10790 09/28/04 01:33 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
The District II meeting will be held October 17, 2004 at 01:00 P.M. at the Derby Recreation Center, in the meeting room on the first floor.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: District II meeting? #10791 09/28/04 02:18 PM
B
bdisney Offline
B
Richard - Thanks for securing that date for District II. I haven't heard anything from the District II director so I will write Mike Juby and ask that he post this date on the website as the date of the meeting.

Re: District II meeting? #10792 09/28/04 03:26 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
A roll call please of D-2 clubs, in this thread, that know about the meeting so we don't have to contact them via phone.

Re: District II meeting? #10793 09/28/04 03:56 PM
L
L Grater Offline
L
We have emailed Kirk to see if he has set up a District 2 meeting. I will also try and contact Kirk this evening. As soon as we find something out, we will post it on the web page.

Leanna Grater

Re: District II meeting? #10794 09/28/04 04:58 PM
4 MY BOYZ Offline
WE HAVE TRIED CALLING KIRK AND FOUND HIS PHONE TO BE DISCONNECTED

Re: District II meeting? #10795 09/29/04 12:57 AM
C
CoachEd Offline
C
NW Jr Grizzlies knows about the meeting. We will be there.

Re: District II meeting? #10796 09/29/04 01:49 AM
D
dgoodrum Offline
D
Wellington knows about it.

Re: District II meeting? #10797 09/29/04 02:23 AM
C
chicanowrestlingfan Offline
C
Here's the attendance record from Dist. II Officers over the past year. FYI

Director
Kirk Heithaus State Meeting - No Show
1st Exec. Meeting - Present
2nd Exec. Meeting - No Show

***'t. North
Danny Saldana State Meeting - Present
1st Exec. Meeting - Present

***'t. South
Jeremy Biddle State Meeting - No Show
1st Exec. Meeting - No Show

I want Dist. II to be made aware of this info.
Everyone should know these stats before they
reconsider an officer to run for another term.
Someone mentioned earlier in another post,
"This is a strong disrict.." It truly is and
there are several great people within the
district that should make an effort to run for
any of these positions. Hopefully someday District II will be the one to look up to, not
by winning alot of medals at state, but by having awesome leadership and folks willing to keep it that way.

Danny Saldana

Re: District II meeting? #10798 09/29/04 10:30 AM
Mike Furches Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Coachjt:
You don't have to go to the State Board meetings to run the District. But if you want a say in the State rulings then you need to have your district represented to voice their opinion.
Coachjt, I am not disagreeing with your comment here, just giving my two cents because I think you make a lot of sense in the post itself. My concern is that the State Executive Board is the governing body for the district, in large part, and I personally don't know how we can have a strong district without strong representation at the State Executive Board meetings. Remember, we can talk about it being for the kids all we want but it is really about more than just the kids. Don't get me wrong, but coaches, clubs, mothers fathers, grandparents and the list goes on and on has dedicated time, effort, finances, blood and sweat to these kids. It is also about respecting those kids enough and those who are involved with them to give them the best opportunity possible. A part of that opportunity is being involved in the decisions on a state level that affect them.

I'm going to be real honest about this, not being at the last meeting and loosing out on a chance to bring the State Tournament to Wichita is almost unforgivable. You see, despite all of the controversy of the Wichita Venue, despite the wonderful Topeka Expo Center, this was an opportunity for those of us living in District 2 to save a lot of money, have our kids at home, and more importantly show off our kids to more of our family, friends and community due to the fact that the tournament would have been in our own back yard. I am also old fashioned enough to believe that any press coverage or opportunity to promote wrestling in our communities is good for our kids and clubs. My personal opinion is that if possible the tournament should be rotated, and if not possible then work for our district as much as possible to see that we get it when we can. Topeka has been a great host, and I look forward to going back, but I like having company at my house sometimes too.

I guess what I am saying, is that in my house, my son can make decisions that affect him, but he still lives in my house. I have worked to give the impression that it is not just my house, but also our families house. He has to be involved with the family to feel a part of that process. I just have serious concerns if our district has been involved enough to know if we are a part of the families house on a state level. Then again, what do I know? I just happen to live here and want the best for all of our kids, whether they be from, Derby, Maize, Winfield, Rose Hill or Hard Knox. You could throw in all of the other clubs there too. I have learned that the old saying about the friends you make from wrestling, you know, the enemy one moment you are mat side and the best of friends after the match, I have found that to be true, not just among wrestlers, but among parents and coaches as well. I can assure those asking that the meeting is on at the Derby Rec Center. I am even leaving church early to get there for it because I realize recognizing a problem, and opening your mouth, doing nothing, is different than seeing one and then acting on it.

Re: District II meeting? #10799 09/29/04 12:51 PM
Lindon Bontz Offline
Wichita Wrestling Club will be present.
Lindon Bontz
General Manager

Lindon N. Bontz
Re: District II meeting? #10800 09/29/04 03:50 PM
C
craig adams Offline
C
Carroll Kids Club will be there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 149 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)