Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: HEADUP] #184555 02/27/11 09:52 PM
T
Tom Richard Offline
T
There is no doubt that Coach Knox loves kids and does a lot for Kansas Wrestling. Thanks for all you do!

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: HEADUP] #184600 02/28/11 12:21 AM
Chase Offline
Originally Posted By: HEADUP
Originally Posted By: rassler
But a couple of the coaches on that team are idiots that give the entire club a bad name

i'm sure that statement can be said about every club in the state. for that matter every club in the nation.

Yes I see not very knowledgable coaches/parents in almost every club .. it comes along with kids wrestling

Hey Butt-Head what did people do before they invented TV?
Don't be stupid Beavis there's always been TV, there's just more channels now.
Oh yeah, heh heh hehe... progress is cool. Heh hehe heh
Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: HEADUP] #184640 02/28/11 04:15 AM
H
haskins6 Offline
H
Coach Knox, coach Gaylon, coach Taylor, are all good men with big hearts surly when you say idiots you can't be referring to them.

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: haskins6] #184657 02/28/11 12:32 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: haskins6
Coach Knox, coach Gaylon, coach Taylor, are all good men with big hearts surly when you say idiots you can't be referring to them.

i'm sure that's not who rassler was referring to.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: Coach Knox 61] #184696 02/28/11 02:55 PM
G
G'sMoM Offline
G
Okay....I'm not here bashing TOHK but I would like to remind you of e statement you made just minutes before you started this post. You were on the forum "t.person" thread and LITERALLY threatened the person who wrote the comment. I found it veery ironic that you would talk about God etc but in the same breath type "anyone who is talking bad a bout TOHK I will find you, hunt you down....etc" also reeatening to find anyone on facebook etc....kind of ironic really....

Also I would like to add that your team has been involved in LOTS of "fights at tourneys. I suppose I should not reference your entire team as that is Not fair but maybe you should start from the ground up, Charlie, and get your parents and a few of your coaches in check before you get frustrated with the artwork your associated club members are painting.....it's not all bright and whimsy by any means.....

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: HEADUP] #184712 02/28/11 03:33 PM
H
haskins6 Offline
H
Originally Posted By: HEADUP
Originally Posted By: haskins6

i'm sure that's not who rassler was referring to.that's who the coaches are

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: haskins6] #184722 02/28/11 04:05 PM
C
CBR's Dad Offline
C
Who was the coach who gave the finger to the whole crowd at state? Both hands wavin in the air. I believe that would rub people the wrong way(just one example I can name more). From what i've seen Charlie is a stand up guy who knows the sport of wrestling from top to bottom. I would let him coach my kid in a moment. I just don't understand why he lets people bring down his good name with these kind of actions.my question is,"Mr.Knox why do you let this happen? Your too good to be surrounded by certain people who tarnish your clubs name."

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: CBR's Dad] #184753 02/28/11 06:07 PM
G
G'sMoM Offline
G
CRB's Dad....I saw the same thing....as did my 10 year old son!!! Those are the things that people,in general, will always associate a club with. Another example was at Salina when a lady was sitting with a sleeping baby trying to watch a match her son was in and asked 2 TOHK associates to please sit or move. The man began yelling at her while her child was asleep and two other of here children were standing there listening. The man continued his rant and backlash at is lady until the match was over. The lady missed her Childs match and was frustrated but kept her cool. Actually there were two other people at stepped up and told that man what they thought as well....sad really. But I cannot think for one second these stories do not come up at almost every tourney. Shall we begin discussing the Derby novice tourney as well. Make su your laundry is clean before you try to forcibly tell people how things are....maybe a softer approach is warranted from your team....."don't hate the opinions your team has helped develop....hate the sport.....quit wrestling" sund familiar?

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: G'sMoM] #184758 02/28/11 06:25 PM
C
Coach G Offline
C
This post was designed for positive comments. Please. If you want to do other wise. Please start your own post.

Thank you,
Coach Gaylen

God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.....Be thankful and humble.
Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: Coach G] #184778 02/28/11 07:13 PM
C
CWB Offline
C
Coach G
I think it is hard to have a one sided post.It is a strage post.If mr. Knox would have stated what he talked with and fixed in side his club.I bet he would have goten a lot more people saying that it was good.
Pride is something that gets overwelming some times.In every goup and club.Every club there is has people that should not be there on the mat with kids.It is the deal that NO one wants to fix it.No one wants to rock the boat they are in but sink the boat that is beside them.How can we teach the kids right if the coaches do it roung.

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: CWB] #184796 02/28/11 08:05 PM
BLT Offline
I say let them have this post and keep the negative comments away...
This may be the 1st step towards change. Many people say they would like to see a change. So let them try! This is a positive post about this club. Everyone says they respect the man well then respect his post!

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: BLT] #184814 02/28/11 08:55 PM
G
goat10 Offline
G
BLT I say take this post off of here and have TOHK change their image on the mat instead of a talk forum!!!

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: goat10] #184836 02/28/11 10:24 PM
J
J Murdock Offline
J
Goat10 & gsmom,
How do u know what T.O.H.K. has done to improve things within the club? Charlie is constantly working to improve the clubs image and be a positive role model to kids. He wanted to start a positive thread pertaining to the club, and u guys hijack it and post negative comments without having the guts to post your names. You are probably among the same anonymous people that like to cheer as loud as u can whenever one of our wrestlers loses and then can't understand why on earth our coaches react negatively. If you want to be negative start your own thread, but remember the forum rules about posting your real names to them.

Jason Murdock

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: J Murdock] #184844 02/28/11 11:11 PM
R
rassler Offline
R
coach knox, coach taylor and coach gaylon are all good guys but the two brothers who coach, yes they are very good coaches but they act like total jack asses 95% of the time,everyone knows who they are including coach knox, coach gaylon and coach taylor, so if you want to hear the good you also have to take the bad. if you want to change your image you have to get those two idiots under control.

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: rassler] #184858 02/28/11 11:54 PM
J
J Murdock Offline
J
First of all when was the last time that you saw either of the brothers you speak of coaching at a tournament? Second you must have some character issues yourself to come on a talk forum and curse and call people names without being man enough to leave yours. Coach Knox asked only for positive comments, because we get to see the anonymous negative comments all the time, sit back and give the man a chance to show what he is trying to do. Quit living in the past..

Jason Murdock

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: J Murdock] #184864 03/01/11 12:12 AM
R
rassler Offline
R
I did not curse jackass is not a curse word and I called no one out by name, Hard knox needs to show positive change at tournaments instaead of putting a post on here to get an aata boy and a pat on the back. He let those two coaches drag his club through the gutter for years and he did nothing, so he needs to stand back a prove to the wrestling community that his club has indeed changed because peoples opinions are not going to change overnight, his club will be judged by their actions not by this self serving post.

Last edited by rassler; 03/01/11 12:16 AM.
Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: rassler] #184868 03/01/11 12:26 AM
J
J Murdock Offline
J
Then why don't you stand back and keep your comments to yourself and give him a chance to do so. If it makes you feel like less of coward by saying you didn't call any out by name then so be it. It still doesn't change the fact you posted derogatory remarks about individuals on here without the decency to post your name.

Jason Murdock

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: J Murdock] #184875 03/01/11 01:11 AM
R
rassler Offline
R
and who are you charlies hired gun, no matter what this team does you are always the first one on here telling everyone how great they are, where were you when he let his coaches act like idiots , or were you part of the problem too?

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: rassler] #184878 03/01/11 01:20 AM
J
J Murdock Offline
J
My son wrestled for this club and I coached for this club. I defend this club because I have seen firsthand the kind of positive impact they have on young men and the passion and dedication they have for coaching these kids. Not a hired gun by any means just a man not afraid to voice his opinion and leave his name when he does it.

Jason Murdock

Re: Quit painting bad thoughts [Re: J Murdock] #184880 03/01/11 01:24 AM
BLT Offline
Goat
Who are you to say what should be on here or not. Listen, I have had my beefs with these guys as much (if not more) then the next guy. But I will never fault someone for trying to move in the right direction.
Let them have their post. Then if things don't change then what are you really out?? Having to over look a post everyday????

I just hope everyone sees that no one can get on here and argue the caliber of wrestlers that have come out of that club. The standard of wrestling ig great, and if the reputation and ever catch that standard... WOW
Why would anyone want to stand in the way of them even trying.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 186 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,938
Posts250,369
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)