Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
weigh in rules and procedures #187627 03/25/11 11:32 PM
L
lylegeyer Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Could someone please point out in the rule book that girls have to weigh in with a hair cap. I understand they need one to wrestle, just as the boys will need headgear to wrestle. I'm asking "whats the difference" I can not seem to find where it states girls must have hair caps for weigh in. Maybe I overlooked it in the rules.

Re: weigh in rules and procedures [Re: lylegeyer] #187634 03/26/11 12:12 AM
L
lakemats Offline
L
I believe you just have to have any special equipment present @ weigh in to be inspected and approved.

Tim Horgan
Re: weigh in rules and procedures [Re: lakemats] #187635 03/26/11 12:15 AM
D
doinasipleaz Offline
D
FROM THE STATE TOURNEY FLYER>>>>>>>>>

When weighing-in, you will be required to have all paper and special equipment with you (hair cover, mouth guard, etc). If you hair is below the acceptable length, it must be contained in some type of skullcap if it does not meet the criteria by the high school rulebook (shirt collar length and no longer than ear lobes). Wrestlers will also be checked for communicable skin disease or any other condition during weigh-in. If requested, you must have the approved silhouette form. Only this form will be accepted! The date on the form must be within one week of the State Tournament.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>doesnt look like they are singling out GIRLS

Last edited by doinasipleaz; 03/26/11 12:16 AM.
Re: weigh in rules and procedures [Re: doinasipleaz] #187657 03/26/11 04:03 AM
M
Mark J Stanley Offline
M
A lot of girls and boys with hair long enough to require a cover still try to use swimming caps. This check insures that they not only have means to cover their hair, but also is a time when you are not on the clock for an official to approve the devise you are wearing as both safe and adequate. If you show up at the mat with special equipment that the official declares to be improper and it has not been approved during weigh in, it will cost you a point and injury time will start until you get the situation corrected. In the end this rule (as most rules are) is in your wrestlers best interest (male or female).

Last edited by Mark J Stanley; 03/26/11 04:04 AM.
Re: weigh in rules and procedures [Re: lakemats] #187660 03/26/11 10:26 AM
L
lylegeyer Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted By: lakemats
I believe you just have to have any special equipment present @ weigh in to be inspected and approved.
You mean like headgear?

Re: weigh in rules and procedures [Re: doinasipleaz] #187661 03/26/11 10:30 AM
L
lylegeyer Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted By: doinasipleaz
FROM THE STATE TOURNEY FLYER>>>>>>>>>

When weighing-in, you will be required to have all paper and special equipment with you (hair cover, mouth guard, etc). If you hair is below the acceptable length, it must be contained in some type of skullcap if it does not meet the criteria by the high school rulebook (shirt collar length and no longer than ear lobes). Wrestlers will also be checked for communicable skin disease or any other condition during weigh-in. If requested, you must have the approved silhouette form. Only this form will be accepted! The date on the form must be within one week of the State Tournament.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>doesnt look like they are singling out GIRLS

I never felt they singles out girls, just headgear is equipment too, I didn't see anyone with headgear to be inspected. I feel same thing. Hair hat is headgear. You show up without it, you don't wrestle simple as that, but at the weigh in?? Come on. Just as easy for a 7 yr old to lose their hair cap, as it is their headgear, and both are required to wrestle. Does that make sense to anyone?

Re: weigh in rules and procedures [Re: Mark J Stanley] #187662 03/26/11 10:32 AM
L
lylegeyer Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted By: Mark J Stanley
A lot of girls and boys with hair long enough to require a cover still try to use swimming caps. This check insures that they not only have means to cover their hair, but also is a time when you are not on the clock for an official to approve the devise you are wearing as both safe and adequate. If you show up at the mat with special equipment that the official declares to be improper and it has not been approved during weigh in, it will cost you a point and injury time will start until you get the situation corrected. In the end this rule (as most rules are) is in your wrestlers best interest (male or female).

Good Answer. I can live with that one. lol

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 157 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,938
Posts250,369
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)