Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bishop carroll refs #195251 12/17/11 01:29 PM
W
wrestle strong Offline OP
OP Offline
W
The referees at the bishop carroll tournament started off the day on a bad note. Taking a kids hat and bracelet because he wore it to skin check? And then not letting another kid wrestle although he had 2weeks worth of skin forms. With a doctor on the phone saying that he was released and they still told him no. Terrible choice by the ref with no M.D. Telling the kid he couldn't wrestle. Shame on him.

Re: Bishop carroll refs [Re: wrestle strong] #195253 12/17/11 02:28 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Originally Posted By: wrestle strong
The referees at the bishop carroll tournament started off the day on a bad note. Taking a kids hat and bracelet because he wore it to skin check? And then not letting another kid wrestle although he had 2weeks worth of skin forms. With a doctor on the phone saying that he was released and they still told him no. Terrible choice by the ref with no M.D. Telling the kid he couldn't wrestle. Shame on him.
Shame on you for not knowing the NFHS rules regarding participation and skin release forms and for lacking the courage to sign your name while being critical of an official(s).

Were you to inquire of the rule from your high school coach I am reasonabley certain he will loan you his rule book and point you to Rule 4, Section 2 (pg. 16).

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Bishop carroll refs [Re: RichardDSalyer] #195254 12/17/11 02:36 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Board Rules
This is a free forum, created for the purpose of promoting Kansas wrestling, and those who wrestle, through the exchange of thoughts and suggestions, and for the recognition of the accomplishments of those involved in our sport.

There are just two basic rules that are necessary to keep in mind. First, remember that this is a family oriented forum, and is regularly viewed by young wrestlers. Second, "cheap shots" will not be tolerated. If you are going to post a message critical of an individual, group or idea, you must give your true name and/or email address. Be willing to stand behind your comments, or keep them to yourself. emphasis added

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Bishop carroll refs [Re: RichardDSalyer] #195258 12/17/11 05:05 PM
4thapin Offline
where are these rules posted at?? hmm sounds like Richard Slayer is a little defensive of the officials. I am sure if your kid was denied wrestling because of something like this you would be a little upset but oh wait the officials never make a mistake right?

Last edited by RedStorm; 12/17/11 09:54 PM.
Re: Bishop carroll refs [Re: RichardDSalyer] #195259 12/17/11 05:06 PM
4thapin Offline
where are these rules posted at?? hmm sounds like Richard Slayer is a little defensive of the officials. I am sure if your kid was denied wrestling because of something like this you would be a little upset but oh wait the officials never make a mistake right?

Re: Bishop carroll refs [Re: 4thapin] #195261 12/17/11 06:34 PM
ReDPloyd Offline
Originally Posted By: 4thapin

Well, you aren't helping your case much posting a response like this. Do officials make mistakes? You bet. Do wrestlers screw up? Yep. Do coaches make bad decisions? Probably. Do parents do things that they shouldn't do? No doubt in my mind. Try to be constructive with your comments. I am sure that I have said some things on this forum that I shouldn't have, so I try to keep this in mind before I respond to something that has me a little (or a lot) worked up.

Lee Girard
Re: Bishop carroll refs [Re: ReDPloyd] #195276 12/18/11 01:22 AM
R
Rford Offline
R
The official has the responsibility to ensure that there is no skin condition that is contagious. It is not uncommon for a wrestler to have a state form and not be permitted to wrestle because at the time of the skin check the official believes the condition is contagious, notwithstanding the doctor's form. No, he's not a doctor, he's not smarter than a doctor, and he's not trying to be. He's using his best judgment and experience to prevent the spread of skin disease. No official wants to keep a kid from wrestling.

I've seen forms that were faked, altered, names changed,dates changed, signatures forged, and not even being close to accurate. I've had kids hide skin diseases, cover them up, claim they were burns, rashes, birth marks. I've had coaches complicit in the effort. The bottom line is some of these diseases are very serious and very contagious and they can wipe out a whole team if not caught in time. And some of them cannot be cured, once you get them, you've got them for life.

But I'd really like to hear the hat and jewelry story...I've never heard of an official "taking" anything at skin check and can't imagine why they would or why they would care.

Re: Bishop carroll refs [Re: 4thapin] #195328 12/18/11 07:24 PM
Mike Juby Offline
Quote:
where are these rules posted at??

Everyone agreed to these rules when they first registered for these talk forums. Since it is likely that many may have forgotten them over time, I am once again requiring the acknowledgement of the rules as a condition of signing into the forums. Once you accept these rules, you'll be able to sign in again without this step.

Re: Bishop carroll refs [Re: Mike Juby] #195429 12/19/11 02:00 PM
BLT Offline
Its funny how everyone loves to quote the rules but there's no enforcement!
What are rules without enforcement? A waste of breath!
And just because you leave your name or a disclaimer or a warning, it shouldn't give you the right to talk down and belittle people.

Take a stand behind your rules or stop crying about them!
Lance Tracy

Re: Bishop carroll refs [Re: BLT] #195432 12/19/11 03:02 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: BLT
Its funny how everyone loves to quote the rules but there's no enforcement!
What are rules without enforcement? A waste of breath!
And just because you leave your name or a disclaimer or a warning, it shouldn't give you the right to talk down and belittle people.

Take a stand behind your rules or stop crying about them!
Lance Tracy

That is the problem when you have rules that tend to be arbitrary and try be all encompassing. It simply doesn't work!

Re: Bishop carroll refs [Re: sportsfan02] #195443 12/19/11 05:31 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
I don't quite understand the whole, "leave your name" thing. I don't post my name, but those who know who I am know that I wouldn't post anything on here that I wouldn't say to your face. SO why not put up a face to the name?

I really don't think anyone is hurt by someone anonymously questioning an officials decision.If your feelings get hurt as an official, look for a new career path. Some people show more respect when questioning a decision, just how some people are more diplomatic with their answers.

wrestle strong questioned a decision, Richard stated the rules. even though it's tough to judge feeling on a talk forum, i think both were "less than polite". I really don't need a name, a face, or any other private information,to come to that conclusion.

You're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, and shouldn't judge a man at all, let alone from one anonymous statement. I question the true motives of someone who feels they "need to know". Just my thoughts, have a great day!

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Bishop carroll refs [Re: HEADUP] #195446 12/19/11 05:43 PM
coach craig Offline
I think that the official is a d-bag. he did this and that and all of this other stuff that I heard from a guy who's cousin was there.

Signed,

Anonymous internet message board Tough guy

Take the rules out of the equation and just chalk putting your name on a comment to sacking up and being a man. I don't think that most people really care that some dude came on a message board and did not follow the "arbitrary rules" I think that most people get upset by it because....well in the immortal words of Doug Eck....it's "Chicken poo poo".

Love always Hugs and Kisses,

Coach Craig Adams

Re: Bishop carroll refs [Re: wrestle strong] #195457 12/19/11 07:50 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: wrestle strong

I guess I'm missing where the word d-bag was thrown in here.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Bishop carroll refs [Re: HEADUP] #195462 12/19/11 08:09 PM
coach craig Offline
My bad. Minus d-bag.

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 133 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)