Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Bender] #214444 02/17/13 03:14 AM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: Bender
Originally Posted By: BulldogAlum
Originally Posted By: cmonman
Shawnee Mission South kid got hosed because two catholic wrestlers (coaches/administration actually) lied and said they were "injured". If your religious convictions make you not wrestle a girl, those same convictions must dictate you cannot lie to gearound a catholic rule. Once again, STA and SJA show exactly what type of "good catholics" they are.

Clearly you do not understand the circumstances surrounding this event. This is not a personal rule, a team rule, or even a school rule. This is a rule made by the archbishop. These wrestlers themselves did not decide to do this, a body governing their school made this choice You could have read that countless times in this thread but it seems you refused to.

Bender, it is apparent that I do not understand this, either.

Regardless of the REASON that the young men were unable to wrestle (because of their religious leaders), the fact remains that they, instead of FORFEITING the match, took advantage of an "INJURY" (?) to default. This allowed them to continue to compete by virtue of essentially lying about the "injury".

Not what you would expect from a religion that preaches, among other things, truthfulness.

Bottom line, GIRLS should not compete at this level!

Grade school? Different thing, IMO.

I understand your sentiment, but I think that would be unfair to Gooch and Hensley. Why should they not go to state because of a silly rule? This SMS kid had his chance, and he lost to superior wrestler. I do not think this scenario occurs often enough for girls to be banned from wrestling against boys. There would not be enough to even form a separate sport.

How about not wrestling for a school that will not let you compete. There are several schools in the area that would give these wrestlers the same opportunity. And this is not a silly KSHSAA rule, this is a silly rule of the school that they attend. The school is the one not allowing them to wrestle, not the state.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: rccokeley] #214445 02/17/13 03:14 AM
P
Peanut1234 Offline
P
Who should we point the finger at for SJA and STA lying about their injury defaults?

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Peanut1234] #214449 02/17/13 03:26 AM
M
Matt Jones Offline
M
I agree Beeson... It is a choice to send your child to a Catholic school. You must accept both the advantages and disadvantages. For the record, I don't think anyone on here is blaming the kids involved. Unfortunately, the kids are the pawns in this ordeal.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Peanut1234] #214450 02/17/13 03:26 AM
T
tking Offline
T
Peanut - do you think those two boys should have had to forfeit out of the meet? Come on again it is about the kids and it should be about getting the situation where the best kids win. There are some stupid rules in school, sports, work, life but that is why we are supposed to be equipped with the common sense on doing what is right. And doing what is right for the kids should come first.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Peanut1234] #214451 02/17/13 03:27 AM
C
CWB Offline
C
WHo said they lied? Maby wrestling girls makes the boys sick ?

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Beeson] #214452 02/17/13 03:27 AM
Bender Offline
[/quote]

How about not wrestling for a school that will not let you compete. There are several schools in the area that would give these wrestlers the same opportunity. And this is not a silly KSHSAA rule, this is a silly rule of the school that they attend. The school is the one not allowing them to wrestle, not the state.[/quote]

Seriously, cool out man. This hissy fit is becoming a little too much. Why do you even care about these people's decisions on schools?

Bite my shiny metal @$$
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Beeson] #214453 02/17/13 03:29 AM
Bender Offline
Originally Posted By: Beeson
Here is the only CLUE that this IDIOT has...how about if any school can't follow the rules for any reason, they should not have a wrestling team.

Thank you for putting those in all caps, it shows how much smarter you are than me, an IDIOT. (I assume this is directed at me?)

Bite my shiny metal @$$
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Bender] #214454 02/17/13 03:33 AM
Bender Offline
Beeson,
I am pretty sure that wrestling is not the number one choice for most parents when picking a high school. I think academics is probably the number one factor, and with a school like SJA or STA, religion is probably a factor too.

Bite my shiny metal @$$
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Bender] #214455 02/17/13 03:33 AM
B
Bauerly Offline
B
And it is Roman Catholic for the money they pay heck they should wrestle monkeys and hey you know what some are not even Roman Catholic any way so wreslte on.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Bender] #214456 02/17/13 03:33 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline OP
OP Offline
C
The good news is that the best three wrestlers made it to state in that bracket.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Bender] #214457 02/17/13 03:35 AM
C
cmonman Offline
C
He was responding to being called an idiot by Cokely. Also, we all agree that the sport is about what is best for the kids. However, there are 2 kids (not from STA or SJA) who were failed today because of STA and SJA. The lied/manipulated the rules and now at least one deserving kid is staying home and wont have a chance to compete. Who was the real loser today? I bet it was not STA, SJA, or the brave girl from MV.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: tking] #214458 02/17/13 03:35 AM
P
Peanut1234 Offline
P
I think they should have to follow the same rules that everyone else does. It is obvious that you don't. I am sure you also don't mind they recruit.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Peanut1234] #214459 02/17/13 03:35 AM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: Peanut1234
Who should we point the finger at for SJA and STA lying about their injury defaults?

No one lied. Get out your rule book a$$whipe. Rule 6 Section 4 Art. 4 Any coach of the contestant or the contestant has the prerogative to default a match at any time prior to the conclusion of wrestling by informing the referee.

Peanut Brain & Beeson, were you able to read and comprehend the above? I am pretty sure neither of you have ever cracked open a rule book. It is SIMPLE, you do NOT have to be injured to default. You can "quit" anytime you want for any reason and does NOT mean your no longer allowed to participate. Now get a life. This soap opera is over. Instead of being an a$$hole you can do something productive like lobby for girls to have their own wrestling so this can be gender specific, male only, wrestling.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Bauerly] #214460 02/17/13 03:36 AM
Bender Offline
Originally Posted By: Bauerly
And it is Roman Catholic for the money they pay heck they should wrestle monkeys and hey you know what some are not even Roman Catholic any way so wreslte on.

Are you drunk, sir?

Bite my shiny metal @$$
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: cmonman] #214461 02/17/13 03:36 AM
C
cmonman Offline
C
I fail to see how that is good news Chief. What of the fourth best?

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Cokeley] #214462 02/17/13 03:38 AM
Bender Offline
Originally Posted By: Cokeley

No one lied. Get out your rule book a$$whipe. Rule 6 Section 4 Art. 4 Any coach of the contestant or the contestant has the prerogative to default a match at any time prior to the conclusion of wrestling by informing the referee.

Peanut Brain & Beeson, were you able to read and comprehend the above? I am pretty sure neither of you have ever cracked open a rule book. It is SIMPLE, you do NOT have to be injured to default. You can "quit" anytime you want for any reason and does NOT mean your no longer allowed to participate. Now get a life. This soap opera is over. Instead of being an a$$hole you can do something productive like lobby for girls to have their own wrestling so this can be gender specific, male only, wrestling.

I am almost certain that they looked on trackwrestling and saw where it said Gracy I-D 0:00. They probably could have done more research before all of this, but....

Bite my shiny metal @$$
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Bender] #214463 02/17/13 03:38 AM
Beeson Offline
Here is the only CLUE that this IDIOT has...how about if any school can't follow the rules for any reason, they should not have a wrestling team.

Thank you for putting those in all caps, it shows how much smarter you are than me, an IDIOT. (I assume this is directed at me?)

If you would read the post you would see that IDIOT was directed at ME not YOU. My problem is that two kids got screwed. My problem is that if male wrestlers would injury default to other male wrestlers to manipulate the bracket, everyone would be up in arms. My problem is that private schools want the advantages of state activities, but they want special rules for them. This is why I am throwing my hissy fit. The church needs to adjust their rules when wrestling in State activities, the State should not have to adjust their rules for the church. For the record, I do not blame these kids at all. The boys or the girls.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Cokeley] #214467 02/17/13 03:43 AM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: Cokeley

This coming from the man that ranted for a week straight last year because his coach was not regional coach of the year. Come on Will, at least my soap opera has reason. Im complaining about how two kids were screwed, not a grown man that did not care about Regional Coach of the Year.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Beeson] #214468 02/17/13 03:46 AM
Bender Offline

If you would read the post you would see that IDIOT was directed at ME not YOU. My problem is that two kids got screwed. My problem is that if male wrestlers would injury default to other male wrestlers to manipulate the bracket, everyone would be up in arms. My problem is that private schools want the advantages of state activities, but they want special rules for them. This is why I am throwing my hissy fit. The church needs to adjust their rules when wrestling in State activities, the State should not have to adjust their rules for the church. For the record, I do not blame these kids at all. The boys or the girls.
Well, I am glad you did not call me an idiot. The rest of this post I feel does not apply. This scenario could have happened for a private school, it could have been a kid deciding not to wrestle. It seems there is really no reason to get all up in arms and go attack the "church". I am pretty sure that the archdiocese of KCK's decision to not allow boys to wrestle girls did not stem from some plot to take over the "state"; I believe it simply came out of ignorance. In that, I believe they did not take a good look at their decision and the implications it may have. But honestly, I do not feel bad for the kid who did not go to state, because he had to wrestle someone better than he "should have".

Bite my shiny metal @$$
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Bender] #214469 02/17/13 03:47 AM
P
Peanut1234 Offline
P
nice mouth Cokeley........when all else fails...take to name calling.......

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 146 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,938
Posts250,370
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)