Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Beeson] #214662 02/17/13 11:38 PM
F
Forum reader Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Beeson
Originally Posted By: Forum reader
So the Arch Bishop is the one to blame. He picks and chooses what rules to follow and to what extent that they will be enforced. Sounds like a man with questionable morals. Maybe he should step down. And by the way, I have questionable morals, but Im not a leader of a religious group that effects the lives of thousands of people.
Wow, there is just nothing Beeson won't say. I can't imagine actually having a conversation with him. Questioning the Arch Bishop's morals because of this decision. Way out of line.

Questioning leadership(not my leader) is wrong? I'm way out of line? I don't think so, leaders being questioned is what built this country. Not questioning them is what lead to the terrible things that Richard spoke of in his post. Questioning keeps people honest. No one should be given free reign, not even me.

Never said questioning leadership is wrong. I expect the people of Ark City to do it every wrestling season. I said your reasoning was wrong. I took issue with the method you used to support your complaint. Seriously, you should stop setting up straw-men, knocking them down, and then claiming victory.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Forum reader] #214664 02/17/13 11:51 PM
ReDPloyd Offline
I will sleep well tonight as this thread has worn me out. Don't forget to watch tonight's episode of The Walking Dead. It will prepare you for things to come:=}

Lee Girard
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: AAA] #214665 02/17/13 11:52 PM
J. Dale Offline
Hey what if a girl from STA or SJA wanted to wrestle? Bet a bunch of priest would doo doo wouldn't they?

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: J. Dale] #214667 02/18/13 12:06 AM
H
houndpower Offline
H
If the schools do not receive federal funding, they are not required to abide by Title IX, so they do not have to allow girls on their team.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: houndpower] #214672 02/18/13 12:33 AM
RedStorm Offline
Title IX doesn't mandate that girls get to wrestle.

Bill DeWitt
Wrestling Fan
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: RedStorm] #214673 02/18/13 12:34 AM
RedStorm Offline
Did you know that when boys play volleyball, the nets have be raised and they aren't allowed in post season play. Discrimination has no bounds.

Bill DeWitt
Wrestling Fan
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: RedStorm] #214675 02/18/13 12:39 AM
PatrickCavanaugh Offline
Communion wafers taste good

Patrick Cavanaugh
785-249-3440
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Forum reader] #214682 02/18/13 01:03 AM
Beeson Offline
So the Arch Bishop is the one to blame. He picks and chooses what rules to follow and to what extent that they will be enforced. Sounds like a man with questionable morals. Maybe he should step down. And by the way, I have questionable morals, but Im not a leader of a religious group that effects the lives of thousands of people.
Wow, there is just nothing Beeson won't say. I can't imagine actually having a conversation with him. Questioning the Arch Bishop's morals because of this decision. Way out of line.

Questioning leadership(not my leader) is wrong? I'm way out of line? I don't think so, leaders being questioned is what built this country. Not questioning them is what lead to the terrible things that Richard spoke of in his post. Questioning keeps people honest. No one should be given free reign, not even me.

Never said questioning leadership is wrong. I expect the people of Ark City to do it every wrestling season. I said your reasoning was wrong. I took issue with the method you used to support your complaint. Seriously, you should stop setting up straw-men, knocking them down, and then claiming victory.

Ok, I'll bite. How was my reasoning wrong? You seem to take issue with everything I say. I haven't claimed victory over any straw-men lately. Do you hang out with Straw-men and Tin-men? Cowardly Lion. You do alot of Roaring with out having the courage to sign your name.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: houndpower] #214683 02/18/13 01:04 AM
J
John Johnson Offline
J
Originally Posted By: houndpower
If the schools do not receive federal funding, they are not required to abide by Title IX, so they do not have to allow girls on their team.

You know the Federal, State and Local governments spend a crap load of money supporting these schools thru infrastruct improvements and maintenace. They may not get direct government funding (they do enjoy tax-exempt status) but, they would not exist without the government spending on roads, etc.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: John Johnson] #214687 02/18/13 01:19 AM
RedStorm Offline
Federal Food program being an example of federal money that I will bet all private schools happily use. I at least know of one that uses it.

Bill DeWitt
Wrestling Fan
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: John Johnson] #214698 02/18/13 01:52 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Originally Posted By: John Johnson
You know the Federal, State and Local governments spend a crap load of money supporting these schools thru infrastruct improvements and maintenace. They may not get direct government funding (they do enjoy tax-exempt status) but, they would not exist without the government spending on roads, etc.
In Wichita the City of Wichita does provide maintenance on the streets which lead to both Bishop Carroll Catholic High School and Kapaun Mt. Carmel Catholic High School as well as Wichita Independent, Wichita Trinity, Wichita Collegiate and all the private grade schools. With that said, the City of Wichita maintains these streets not because they provide transportation to these schools but because they provide transportation to every business and every neighborhood to the North, South, East and West of the schools. The parents of the students at these private schools are also taxpayers who are paying for the infrastructure improvement of which you speak as well as the taxes which support your public schools.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: RichardDSalyer] #214705 02/18/13 02:02 AM
J. Dale Offline
Communion wafers give me gas

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Cokeley] #214708 02/18/13 02:10 AM
WillyM Offline
What is it called? Everyone seems to be calling it Injury Default. If not for an injury why is it in the rule book. If wrestlers are weighed in, bracketed, checked in, and not injured, then refusal to wrestle should mimimally be a forfiet, or perhaps even a DQ. If the two coaches were involved in the decisions to default under false pretenses than they are also guilty, should be DQ and forced to leave the building. This incident has a terrible smell. Exceptionally bad, bad sportsmanship. Do the announcers read the KSHSAA Sportsmanship blurb before sporting events at parochial schools?

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: houndpower] #214718 02/18/13 02:30 AM
W
Wrestlin Scholar Offline
W
Just catching up with this post and read the threads.

1. I find it amazing a Bishop can dictate policy like this when there is no precedence anywhere else in the country. Maybe some ego here. And BS to do it in the middle of the season. I would seriously consider sending kids to a public school.

2. How can you say a kid with an 18-16 record got robbed.

3. I posted the article on an the Indiana wrestling thread, and had various responses but they were utterly amazed that this would happen. There is no policy like that in Indiana.

4. Saw a girl in Indiana last week that would go deep in the Kansas tournament and IMO would place in any of the 4 classes in KS.

5. Until the girls have their own class, then people need to get over them wrestling boys. These girls work hard and will beat some boys, and the boys are going to have to pull the old boot straps up and move on.

"If pro is the opposite on con, then the opposite of progress is congress"
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Wrestlin Scholar] #214727 02/18/13 02:52 AM
B
BulldogAlum Offline
B
Originally Posted By: fan of the sport
Just catching up with this post and read the threads.

1. I find it amazing a Bishop can dictate policy like this when there is no precedence anywhere else in the country. Maybe some ego here. And BS to do it in the middle of the season. I would seriously consider sending kids to a public school.

2. How can you say a kid with an 18-16 record got robbed.

3. I posted the article on an the Indiana wrestling thread, and had various responses but they were utterly amazed that this would happen. There is no policy like that in Indiana.

4. Saw a girl in Indiana last week that would go deep in the Kansas tournament and IMO would place in any of the 4 classes in KS.

5. Until the girls have their own class, then people need to get over them wrestling boys. These girls work hard and will beat some boys, and the boys are going to have to pull the old boot straps up and move on.

I find that remark hard to believe.
What was the girl's name, school, weight and classification?
Did she wrestle in the Indiana tournament? If so, how did she do?

Answers appreciated.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: BulldogAlum] #214734 02/18/13 03:13 AM
W
Wrestlin Scholar Offline
W
[quote=BulldogAlum][quote=fan of the sport]Just catching up with this post and read the threads.

I find that remark hard to believe.
What was the girl's name, school, weight and classification?
Did she wrestle in the Indiana tournament? If so, how did she do?

Answers appreciated.

The girls name is Kayla Miracle. She wrestles for Culver Academy and wrestles 120 pounds and is a Junior. Her nickname is the miracle girl.

Wrestling credentials: Last year was first girl to qualify for state in Indiana. Qualified at 106 lbs. This year got upset at Semi-state at 120 lbs but took 5th in Semi-state tournament and was alternate to state.

If you know anything Indiana has one class and qualifying at state is easily equivalent to placing in state in Kansas. Note here semi-state had partipation of over 80 schools and she took top 4. I heard she is highly ranked on womens USA wrestling team.

"If pro is the opposite on con, then the opposite of progress is congress"
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Beeson] #214735 02/18/13 03:14 AM
F
Forum reader Offline
F
Beeson,

Because you challenged someone's morality over a decision that has much gray area. One can be moral, regardless of which way you see the decision.

I reply to you based on the law of averages. You post so often, usually saying something controversial, that you can't help but say something I disagree with. Plus, it's so much fun.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Forum reader] #214737 02/18/13 03:19 AM
J. Dale Offline
I farted again

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Forum reader] #214739 02/18/13 03:21 AM
Beeson Offline
Good enough for me, but I would say that having set rules and enforcing them only on occasion is not a gray area. The rule is there in black and white. There was not decision to be made, the rule should have been enforced from day one. Just how I see it.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Wrestlin Scholar] #214741 02/18/13 03:24 AM
Ricky Bobby Offline
Originally Posted By: fan of the sport

She'd be the first one if she did. Kansas has never had a female state placer in wrestling. Several state qualifiers but none of the girls have placed and only a few have even won a match.

I believe Samantha Gonzales of Lakin is the only girl to win a match in the KSHSAA State Tournaments when she pinned her opponent in the consolation 1st round in 2008 at 103 lbs. in 321A.

Krista Revelle of Jefferson-West also won a match in 2011 at 125 lbs. in 4A but that was because of a default to a Topeka Hayden wrestler, so I'm sure it was because of similar circumstances as this topic relates to.

Now Kansas has had several female wrestlers who have been successful at the national level (Revelle, Brooke Bogren, etc.) when competing against other females, but there has yet to be a girl who has placed at one of the KSHSAA State Tournaments.

It may happen some day, but I do not foresee it happening in the near future. Girls have placed in brackets against boys in state tournaments like Alaska and Vermont where wrestling is not contested at the level of Kansas and Indiana. The glass ceiling will be broken in Kansas, just not this year.

[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 153 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)