Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Skin wipes or foam barrier reviews #222823 01/06/14 09:13 PM
C
CowboysDad Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Has anyone had any luck with any of the different foam barriers that are on the different wrestling gear websites. Or any of the wipes?

Re: Skin wipes or foam barrier reviews [Re: CowboysDad] #222824 01/06/14 09:36 PM
B
Bowen Offline
B
Well I have a couple of cans of the foam and some older rastlers and they forget to use it more than they do use it so not really , but I also have that bar soap (made by the same company) and it seem to work the best for us ; I also make them wash their equipment with a little bleach and soap once a week.(usually on wed.) Never tried the wipes thou

Re: Skin wipes or foam barrier reviews [Re: Bowen] #222832 01/06/14 11:14 PM
usawks1 Offline
... it really is important to use the wipes soon after a match! It raises the effectiveness substantially if they are used while the body is still damp with sweat!!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: Skin wipes or foam barrier reviews [Re: usawks1] #222891 01/07/14 10:31 PM
Scott Crider Offline
We are into our fourth year and have recently chosen the Defense product line. If my son looks at fungus funny he gets ringworm. We have had good success with the barrier cream, the wipes and the soap in combination. I spoke with the reseller and the suggestions for use were relatively easy...if you can remember to follow them. I know it's tough for us to remember sometimes.

1) DO NOT shower before workouts. Typical anti-bacterial soaps will remove the natural skin aura that helps prevent fungal issues.
2) Apply the barrier cream before workouts and tournaments
3) Use shoe cleaning wipes, (even if it's a towel with a water/bleach solution mat side)especially if there are young wrestlers that scamper off to the restroom during your workouts. Keep them off the mats until they have washed their hands and wipe they feet with anti-fungal solution. Hard to do and doesn't always happen, but it was recommended.
4) Use the wipes after your workout, before putting on street clothes if there is no shower readily available.
5) Use the wipes immediately after EVERY match opponent.
6) Shower with the anti-fungal soap after every tournament and workout.
7) Wipe down head gear, shoe soles and other gear with some bleach water or anti-fungal cleaning solution. We do this after every workout and tournament. Wash all washable wrestling gear and street clothes in hot soapy water...I know this sounds obvious, but I am always surprised by how many kids re-wear their gear in practice during an average week.

So far so good for us...the toughest one is wrestlers going to bathroom and not cleaning their hands and feet. That alone can spread fungus in a hurry.

I hope this helps. I'm sure you can find lots more tips online.

Scott Crider
Re: Skin wipes or foam barrier reviews [Re: Scott Crider] #222896 01/08/14 03:43 AM
C
CowboysDad Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the in-depth info everyone! We really appreciate it! Skins issues seem to be becoming a huge problem for alot of folks!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 139 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,938
Posts250,369
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)