Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tischhauser wins 7th straight #13372 03/29/04 02:43 AM
R
Rob Vinson Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Marvio has gone seven straight years without losing a state match. Has this been done before, if so who?

Re: Tischhauser wins 7th straight #13373 03/29/04 02:44 AM
Isenberg133 Offline
I dont know but highschool will be really tough at such high of a weight.

Re: Tischhauser wins 7th straight #13374 03/29/04 02:51 AM
Isenberg133 Offline
and I think the Kellers has alot of state championships under their belt

Re: Tischhauser wins 7th straight #13375 03/29/04 04:40 AM
W
wrestler8 Offline
W
ya i was in marvio's bracket and watched all of his matches. This guy really earned it. He wrestled his butt off the whole tournament and didnt take it easy on anyone. Great job Marvio. And i talked to marvio and he said he was gonna try and go 145 next year. Im sure that wherever he is, he'll be able to handle his own!

Re: Tischhauser wins 7th straight #13376 03/29/04 09:51 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Truly a remarkable feat! I am a fan of both Marvio and Marvin. I want to congratulate both of you on NO. 7. I mean that is just amazing. He has won it four times at the bottom of his age bracket.

If anyone has a chance to overcome the juniors and seniors at a higher weight, it will be Marvio. Good luck in high school next year we will all be following you with great interest.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: Tischhauser wins 7th straight #13377 03/29/04 10:06 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Bo Maynes won at least 10 (ten) straight titles, and I believe eleven (11), from 6 yrs. to 16 yrs.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Tischhauser wins 7th straight #13378 03/29/04 10:25 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Marvio, you are in pretty good company now when your numbers are becoming comparable to Bo Maynes. No doubt someday they will be mentioning your name when talking about some future star's accomplishments.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: Tischhauser wins 7th straight #13379 03/30/04 09:04 AM
M
mtisch Offline
M
I would like to thank everyone for the nice comments regarding Marvio's wrestling skills. It always feels really good to hear nice things being said about you after this kind of competition. Marvio is wrestling people he has never seen before, because he has grown bigger than those he used to wrestle. This State tournament was more like a National tournament because we had no prior experience with any of the other wrestlers in the bracket prior to this year's District Tournament, and this requires a wrestler to wrestle every match like it is the championship match, which you should always do anyway. It really makes a wrestler feel good when someone in his bracket like Todd Bell, whom we had never met before, speaks up in a positive way like he did here. There were many wrestlers in this bracket that could pin you at any time if you made a mistake. No scoring margin was safe to sit on with more than 3 seconds left. We didn't wrestle Bell, but we know he is tuff. Marvio did wrestle Mader, Stewart, Orosco and Wingers and he knew he could not make many mistakes. Going into the championship, Wingers looked very, very good. We couldn't remember if anyone had scored on him. There are some real quality wrestlers in all the brackets. Kansas is a very good wrestling State. If you can win in Kansas, you are in pretty good shape for Nationals.

Re: Tischhauser wins 7th straight #13380 03/30/04 01:54 PM
R
Rob Vinson Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Is Marvio going to Nationals

Re: Tischhauser wins 7th straight #13381 03/30/04 10:02 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Salyer you beat me to the Bo Maynes stat....didn't he also compete when he was 5 and take 3rd or something...losing to his cousin in that tournament?

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Tischhauser wins 7th straight #13382 03/31/04 12:26 AM
R
Rob Vinson Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I heard Justin Ware won alot of state titles as a kid.

Re: Tischhauser wins 7th straight #13383 03/31/04 01:15 AM
M
mtisch Offline
M
Marvio is not entered in Nationals. We couldn't find a page with an entry form until we got home from State and by that time he had given up on it. I found out that we can still enter and I offered to get him there, but he didn't jump up and down with excitement about trecking off to Iowa. He is, however, practicing Freestyle and Greco every night this week. He may decide to go, but I won't pressure him.
I would, also, like to mention that it takes a lot of luck to win a State Championship, and a lot more good luck to win several of them. Marvio has been pretty fortunate at State. However, a couple of years back he had the run of bad luck at the Tulsa Nationals and the USA Nationals that cost him the opportunity to win 2 National Championship. An official at Tulsa that did not consider it NEAR-FALL CRITERIA to take you opponent to his shoulder on one side and his elbow on the other, resulting in Joe Seay informing him that it was NEAR-FALL CRITERIA when a wrestler takes his opponent to his back, and the he was the USA Olympic Coach and he sure knew what NEAR-FALL CRITERA WAS. The little Minority race official from the suburbs of Chicago was offended and defensive and did not give Marvio 5 points that he earned in the match. Instead, it was tied at the end of the 3rd period, and Marvio called for an injury timeout to clear some bloody mucus from his throat. The official sent the medical staff to the opponents corner to help stop a bloody nose without even charging them an injury timeout, and came over to Joe Seay to smart-off at him. After Marvio washed out his mouth and was ready to return to wrestle, the little official asked him why he called and injury time out. When Marvio told him, he informed us that he believed that was unethical. He grabbed the other kid by the arm and took him to the center of the mat and told the scorers table to award a point for unsportsmanlike conduct to the opponent while raising his hand. Another official waiting by the match tried to inform him that he was making a mistake, but he would not listen. He hurried and started the next match before I could get the Head Official over there. When I did find the Head Official, he was so concerned about covering for the little official that he didn't even listen to what I was saying and they were both ignorant of the rule. Later, after contacting the Rules Book Committee, the Editor of the HS Rules Book informed me in an email that the only UNETHICAL THING about that situation was the officials obvious attempt to get back at Joe Seay by disqualifying the opponent he was speaking up for. He said that kind of official should be terminated and barred, and that the rules clearly point out that the official has no right to even ASK what an injury time out is called for. Each wrestler gets 2 injury time-outs, not to exceed 1 1/2 minutes and after the 2nd, the opponent gets choice of starting position. This was a semi-final match that if scored properly would have had Marvio wrestling Judd Schroeder for the Championship. Judd won the Championship.
A couple months later, the HS Supervisor of Officials from Chicago was officiating a close match between Marvio and an Iowa (undefeated for the year) wrestler who eventually won this USA Nationals Tournament. At the end of 2nd period Marvio was behind by 1 point. The Iowa kid took down. Marvio could not get him turned, so he cut-him loose...then he took him down and TURKED HIM with about 16 seconds remaining in the match. The 2 point takedown would have tied the match and any back points would have given Marvio a win instead of his only loss. Now, the NCAA television announcers have explained that a TURK is an automatic takedown. This official didn't award either a takedown or back points. The official even had to argue with the opponent to convince him he won. After the match, the eventual USA Champion from Iowa came right over to Marvio and told him that the
match should have been his, that he knew that was a takedown and backpoints. So, this has gotten to be a long post, but it does TAKE LUCK and skill to wind tournaments.

Re: Tischhauser wins 7th straight #13384 11/08/04 09:44 PM
W
wrestling2x Offline
W
John Keller has 6 state titles and Jordan Keller has 7 state titles

Re: Tischhauser wins 7th straight #13385 11/09/04 01:16 PM
B
bdisney Offline
B
Okay - Who has the time (or desire) to go back and reply to a topic that last had a post 8 months ago?

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 143 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)