Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
First round matches #225897 02/24/14 02:31 AM
A
asdfghjkl Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Any good first round matches this year? One that caught my eye was Tujague vs. Reynolds at 5A 113. It only seems right that Tujague should forfeit, as a boy and girl wrestling is contrary to the church's teaching. Attending St. James, a part of the Archdiocese of Kansas City, would put Tujague in this category. It may seem unfair, but that's what the diocese says.
Chief usually has things to say about the church's teaching. What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I think it would be a sin to neglect the word of the Archdiocese of Kansas City.

Re: First round matches [Re: asdfghjkl] #225899 02/24/14 02:34 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: asdfghjkl
Any good first round matches this year? One that caught my eye was Tujague vs. Reynolds at 5A 113. It only seems right that Tujague should forfeit, as a boy and girl wrestling is contrary to the church's teaching. Attending St. James, a part of the Archdiocese of Kansas City, would put Tujague in this category. It may seem unfair, but that's what the diocese says.
Chief usually has things to say about the church's teaching. What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I think it would be a sin to neglect the word of the Archdiocese of Kansas City.

It is certainly not a sin to neglect the word of a man. Scripture however does not prohibit a boy competing against a girl. Thanks for asking!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: First round matches [Re: Chief Renegade] #225900 02/24/14 02:39 AM
D
doinasipleaz Offline
D
A kid from Maur Hill wrestled a girl Friday at regionals. 3a in Sabetha. They are under the same leadership as the Kc teams.

Re: First round matches [Re: doinasipleaz] #225903 02/24/14 02:52 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Maybe they have dropped their extra-biblical stance?

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: First round matches [Re: Chief Renegade] #225907 02/24/14 02:59 AM
A
asdfghjkl Offline OP
OP Offline
A
You would think that as a student of faith Mr. Tujague would have the ethics to know it is not right to grapple or engage in such a way with a female.

Re: First round matches [Re: asdfghjkl] #225911 02/24/14 03:04 AM
D
doinasipleaz Offline
D
Not sure whats up. They forfeited to a girl at one tourney then wrestled one at another. I would think that either the KC kids could do the same with no punishment. Or the Powers that be will strike Maur Hill with lightening. Lol. Kidding. But should follow same rules and punishments

Re: First round matches [Re: doinasipleaz] #225927 02/24/14 07:27 AM
C
CBR's Dad Offline
C
Why is your topic first round match ups and then you post about wether a catholic school wrestler should wrestle a girl. Just curious about your motivation behind this post. Do you have a personal interest or do you really want to find out about first round match ups. Seems kind of odd for someone who has only been a member for five days!!!

Last edited by CBR's Dad; 02/24/14 07:29 AM.
Re: First round matches [Re: CBR's Dad] #225934 02/24/14 12:37 PM
A
asdfghjkl Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Note the first sentence of my original post. I then chose to bring one up that caught my interest. Please, if you know of interesting first round matches, post them.

Re: First round matches [Re: asdfghjkl] #225936 02/24/14 01:42 PM
R
rccokeley Offline
R
Ornales vs. Atkins
Hoing vs. Elbrader
McCray vs. Mills
Frame vs. Marx
Like vs. Defore

These are interesting first round matches that will be fun to watch and talk about in 5A. The motive behind your first post is pretty clear. There are plenty of matches worth talking about and the one you chose to exploit is not one of them.

Re: First round matches [Re: asdfghjkl] #225939 02/24/14 02:00 PM
coach craig Offline
Another interesting couple of match ups are in the works!!!! I am so glad that qwerty brought up the Tujague vs. Reynolds match to start.

Another one....285 Johnson vs Stephenson....THe planets aligned on this one. I hear that Johson's views on Post Modern Art was mocked by Stephenson as, and I quote, "Lacking Substance and originallity". To think that he did not say this on Facebook, but on the Today show. Not sure as to how this one is going to work out. Stephenson is the superior wrestler, but you give a guy the bulliten board material under the big lights at state and it turns into a coin flip.

106. Michaels v Jackson. This is one that is a feud that has gone on for centuries. Everyone knows that Michaels is a card carrying member of the Allied Atheist Allegiance and that his science is far superior to Jackson, a member of United Atheist Alliance. The fact that they are in the same building together is stretching the bounds of protocall for both groups. They have conviened a conclave, of sorts, to help them decide if they can accually touch each other, let alone wrestle. Keep up with the ever changing story on Stephen Hawkings Blog...Space, Holy Crap it's cold.

170.Now the one that we never would happen in our life time. Marx vs Che. Who is the greater communist???? One likes Red the other loves green. The fact that those are the colors of the ankle bands worn by the competitors makes this a clash of the Commie Titans!!!!!! (ECHO ECHO ECHO) THere are going to be nukes pointed at starving countries for this one. i heard that the loser has to shave their bad facial hair.

As you can see these match ups are going to be epic. Now back to QWERTY McPoopyPants. Nice try. Good bait setting. Now get a real screen name, or go back to the one you were using before, and come up with a real wrestling topic. If you want to discuss your opinion as to how the "church is being hypocritical" then call / PM someone that would care to even talk about it. Other than that...Jesus Loves you and so do I.

Peace and Rainbows,

Craig C. Adams

Re: First round matches [Re: coach craig] #225941 02/24/14 02:06 PM
PatrickCavanaugh Offline
Awesome!

Patrick Cavanaugh
785-249-3440
Re: First round matches [Re: PatrickCavanaugh] #225944 02/24/14 02:20 PM
J
Jake Goldenstein Offline
J
I agree, brilliant!!!

Re: First round matches [Re: Jake Goldenstein] #225960 02/24/14 03:58 PM
A
asdfghjkl Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hmmm, our interests must differ because this is an interesting matchup to me. It's interesting in the fact that a boy attending a Catholic school is poised to wrestle a girl in the state tournament. This isn't the first time this has happened and has been noted that forfeits do happen. Now, should he be forced to forfeit? I don't know, this is not a black and white matter. Other diocese across the country state that a boy is not to wrestle a girl. Kansas City has had the issue recently, if I recall correctly. I will just contact the diocese and ask them the question as nobody here seems to be knowledgable on the matter.

Re: First round matches [Re: asdfghjkl] #225967 02/24/14 04:50 PM
BigPin22 Offline
There are people on here who know the answer already and are not speaking up yet! The people I speak of are usually quite vocal on this forum.

Please let us know what you find out after contacting the diocese.

Didn't this same situation with the same school come up last year at regionals or state with a quality wrestler having to forfeit?

Last edited by BigPin22; 02/24/14 04:54 PM.

"Stats are for losers. Final scores are for winners." Bill Belicheck
Re: First round matches [Re: BigPin22] #225969 02/24/14 04:53 PM
Beeson Offline
If I remember right he will have to forfeit the first round. Which is truly a shame, as this could possibly effect the Team Point outcome. I don't know about the rest of you, but I would really hate to win a State Championship because he is required to forfeit. Not a good situation for anybody.

Last edited by Beeson; 02/24/14 05:42 PM.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: First round matches [Re: Beeson] #225973 02/24/14 05:04 PM
SilverSurfer Offline
Originally Posted By: Beeson
If I remember right he will have to forfeit the first round. Which is truly a shame, as this will could possibly effect the Team Point outcome. I don't know about the rest of you, but I would really hate to win a State Championship because he is required to forfeit. Not a good situation for anybody.

Agreed!!! In a perfect world it would be nice to have a system that allowed the kid's to settle it on the mat, but that is not the lay of the land.

Jim McLaughlin
JimmyMick@gmail.com
Re: First round matches [Re: Beeson] #225976 02/24/14 05:10 PM
BigPin22 Offline
You might find the bracket below interesting. No disrespect to the girl wrestler, but she found herself in the regional finals because of this rule. Two very good wrestlers had to forfeit to her. These forfeits changed the entire composure of the state bracket.

I know for a fact at least one of the wrestlers in the bracket below would have had no personal issues wrestling the match!

http://s102.trackwrestling.com/tw/predef...amp;templateId=

Last edited by BigPin22; 02/24/14 05:13 PM.

Re: First round matches [Re: SilverSurfer] #225977 02/24/14 05:12 PM
A
asdfghjkl Offline OP
OP Offline
A
In a perfect world it would be nice to have a system that kept girls and boys wrestling separate, as in Texas. They have girls wrestling as a completely separate entity. I think that is the best solution.

Re: First round matches [Re: asdfghjkl] #226008 02/24/14 07:26 PM
BigPin22 Offline
I say it is unethical for a healthy wrestler to forfeit to another wrestler and then continue to wrestle others later on. Many people are overlooking the fact that this has a huge impact on the others in the bracket. It's hard enough to place in state as it is, then you put one of the best wrestlers in the bracket on the backside in the first round because of a forfeit and they eliminate other possible placers had the right person (girl) be on the backside.

If the catholic schools cannot wrestle girls they should be eliminated from any bracket that has a girl in it. Why do we let them get away with cheap like this when we don't have to.

To comment See new post: catholic schools make their own rules.

Last edited by BigPin22; 02/24/14 07:35 PM.

Re: First round matches [Re: Chief Renegade] #226486 02/27/14 03:01 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Originally Posted By: asdfghjkl

It is certainly not a sin to neglect the word of a man.

AMEN! AMEN! Is the Archdiocese of KC infallible? Instead of having the Archdiocese of KC think for you . . . be a Berean and think for yourself - Acts 17:11 . . . yes, it is often hard word to think for one's own self . . . but the rewards obtained from doing so are more than worth it. GOLD!

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 85 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)