Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Out of Shape Wrestlers [Re: Spexy] #226903 03/04/14 12:45 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Correct me if I am wrong (which there is a great likelihood of me being) but the kid I was watching, that was NOT BLEEDING, was given FIVE minutes injury time and he milked every second of it.

Right. Who are we to judge but if a bus is coming down the road and you are in the middle of the road looking the WRONG way . . . you would most likely be very happy for me to make a JUDGEMENT and for me to say, "Hey, DUDE! Get out of the road and do it QUICK." Judgments are part of life. Without them no one survives. The trick is to try to make 'correct' judgments.

So . . . those of you that know the rules better than me . . . how much time is a wrestler allowed if it is not a BLOOD issue and how much time are they allowed if it is a BLOOD issue?

Thank you.

Thank God for the judgments Rosa Parks made.

"On December 1, 1955, in Montgomery, Alabama, Parks refused to obey bus driver James F. Blake's order that she give up her seat in the colored section to a white passenger, after the white section was filled."

Some rules are stupid and need to be changed. Maybe this is one of them (injury time outs).

"When Parks refused to give up her seat, a police officer arrested her. As the officer took her away, she recalled that she asked, "Why do you push us around?" She remembered him saying, "I don't know, but the law's the law, and you're under arrest."

Again . . . some laws/rules are stupid and need to be changed for the good of EVERYONE.

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: Out of Shape Wrestlers [Re: Spexy] #226937 03/04/14 02:23 AM
Beeson Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Spexy
Who are we to judge?? Poked in the eye, leg cramp, shoulder, knee, etc. We are not the ones in battle, they are. Injury time is there for a reason. If you're hurt you're hurt. Don't care what a fan thinks, it's the ones on the mat who feel the pain.

If you're not hurt and claim to be hurt to slow the match, regroup, or catch your wind every match it is wrong and against the rules. When a wrestler continuously breaks the rules he gets a bad reputation with the fans. Then I am sure someone will care.

It's only 2:00 minutes, not the end of the world.

It may not be the end of the world, but it is still wrong, and by the rules, unethical. This goes against everything that wrestling is supposed to teach these young men. Lie, Cheat, and Don't worry about working hard or enduring.

Saw, multiple "poked in the eye" this weekend. Maybe we should cut out, " head taps" / shots to the face. And make that a penalty point.

Was it the same kid every match. Did the wrestlers take 10 to 15 seconds or 1 minute plus. I only remember getting poked in the eye two or three times in 15 years. I don't think head taps or shots to the face are the problems. Kids abusing Injury time is the problem.

Don't whine about what they are given according to the rules. They are there for a reason.

The reason is for Injury Time, not to catch your breath, regroup, or to get extra coaching. Some Coaches need to quit teaching kids to take the easy way out and teach them to do what is right.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Out of Shape Wrestlers [Re: Dean Welsh] #226944 03/04/14 03:02 AM
Kale Mann Offline
Originally Posted By: Dean Welsh
Correct me if I am wrong (which there is a great likelihood of me being) but the kid I was watching, that was NOT BLEEDING, was given FIVE minutes injury time and he milked every second of it.

Right. Who are we to judge but if a bus is coming down the road and you are in the middle of the road looking the WRONG way . . . you would most likely be very happy for me to make a JUDGEMENT and for me to say, "Hey, DUDE! Get out of the road and do it QUICK." Judgments are part of life. Without them no one survives. The trick is to try to make 'correct' judgments.

So . . . those of you that know the rules better than me . . . how much time is a wrestler allowed if it is not a BLOOD issue and how much time are they allowed if it is a BLOOD issue?

Thank you.

Thank God for the judgments Rosa Parks made.

"On December 1, 1955, in Montgomery, Alabama, Parks refused to obey bus driver James F. Blake's order that she give up her seat in the colored section to a white passenger, after the white section was filled."

Some rules are stupid and need to be changed. Maybe this is one of them (injury time outs).

"When Parks refused to give up her seat, a police officer arrested her. As the officer took her away, she recalled that she asked, "Why do you push us around?" She remembered him saying, "I don't know, but the law's the law, and you're under arrest."

Again . . . some laws/rules are stupid and need to be changed for the good of EVERYONE.

Blood time is 5 minutes total. Once bleeding is stopped, there is unlimited clean-up time, so there could be more than 5 minutes of time used.

Injury time is 1:30 minutes. On the 1st timeout there is no penalty. The 2nd timeout the opposing wrestler gets choice of position, the 3rd timeout ends the match.

Recovery time is the time allowed after an illegal move. It is 2 minutes total and can only be used immediately after the illegal move.

Head Coach- Blue Valley High School
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 111 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,933
Posts250,364
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)