Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Bias [Re: bradbee] #227140 03/05/14 02:31 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: bradbee
By the way Chief, I enjoyed the picture of you holding the St. James 1st place trophy this year at state, guess I just missed the picture of you with Ark City the last 2 years....

I'm glad Beeson sent you that. smile You guys didn't hand me the trophy last year! Would have like that.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Bias [Re: Chief Renegade] #227154 03/05/14 02:59 AM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
I learned this year at state that kids don't pay attention to the rankings and undefeated kids on the mat. The good ones go out and get it done.

Us parents and maybe some kids do worry about them, and they do pull some weight during the season on some seeding and intimadation for unranked kids.

They are well done and I like following the rankings, but at the end of the day they are educated decisions on who ranks where.

The matches still have to be wrestled.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: Bias [Re: Teamroper] #227158 03/05/14 03:14 AM
K
KSwrestler103 Offline
K
This thread is the equivalent to a kid creating a thread congratulating himself on being a state champ. Let the work speak for itself and let someone else create the thread. Even if it's true, nobody likes a bragger.

Re: Bias [Re: KSwrestler103] #227163 03/05/14 03:27 AM
R
rccokeley Offline
R
Originally Posted By: KSwrestler103
This thread is the equivalent to a kid creating a thread congratulating himself on being a state champ. Let the work speak for itself and let someone else create the thread. Even if it's true, nobody likes a bragger.

Actually every now and then it's ok to say I told you so. Especially when someone took some major heat all year long for having the right team ranked number one all year.

Re: Bias [Re: KSwrestler103] #227166 03/05/14 03:47 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: KSwrestler103

Tyler Dryden, I started the thread by admitting that I greatly underestimated St. James. But thanks for the state champ comment!

Eric Johnson

Re: Bias [Re: ksuwrestling2] #227167 03/05/14 03:48 AM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: ksuwrestling2
I never said because you were biased your picks were wrong. I just think it's biased that you root for them so much. But yes, with all of the talent they "put together" it was inevitable they would win. Congratulations SJA/Blair Academy.

Really??? Here are the facts:

113 - Steve Tujague - The third Tujague to attend SJA. STA kids club wrestler. Catholic middle school

120 - Max Goode - There are many Goode's at SJA. He is the third to go out for wrestling.

126 - Reese Cokeley - 2nd Cokeley to attend SJA.

132 - Zak Hensley - Moved to Shawnee from Frontenac when his dad took a job with Constentinos Pric Chopper

138 - Clay Lautt - Long time East Kansas Kids wrestler. Lives four miles from SJA

145 - Sammy Cokeley - the third Cokeley brother to attend SJA

152 - Andrew Tujague - the second of seven kids who will attend SJA. Mr. Tujague is the Technology director there (see Steve Tujague)

160 - Ben Vanlerberg - NEVER wrestled before attending SJA. Recruited from the Hallway.

170 - Matt Pratt - Long time East Kansas Kids wrestler. Lives near SJA

182 - Trent Salsbury - Long time East Kansas Kids wrestler. This was his 13th year in the Catholic Education system.

220 - David Feist - the third Fiest brother to wrestle for SJA. NEVER wrestled before attending SJA. Recruited from the Hallway.

There you have it Steve. Go bark up another tree. I am tired of your libelous statements.

You just run your mouth and never back it up with data or facts.

Last edited by Cokeley; 03/05/14 12:01 PM.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Bias [Re: Cokeley] #227169 03/05/14 04:02 AM
D
doug747 Offline
D
smile Will, I am glad you finally posted this. You have told me the above many times, and continued to let these "recruiting" accusers hang themselves. Maybe they'll shut up now.

Sad part for them, is that more and more kids will continue to come to SJA, and they will have to continueto see SJA at the upper end of the state wrestling world.

Sad life to live, trying to tear successful people down..........

Re: Bias [Re: Chief Renegade] #227191 03/05/14 01:52 PM
J
Just Wondering Offline
J
PLEASE PLEASE someone post the picture of Chief holding the trophy. Of all the people that had a hand in making SJA State Champs I find it hard to beleive where Chief fits into the picture. Unless of course they passed it around and let all their FANS hold it.

Bob Burnett
Re: Bias [Re: Just Wondering] #227192 03/05/14 02:01 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Just Wondering
PLEASE PLEASE someone post the picture of Chief holding the trophy. Of all the people that had a hand in making SJA State Champs I find it hard to beleive where Chief fits into the picture. Unless of course they passed it around and let all their FANS hold it.

Ha!!! You crack me up Mill Valley. After the tournament, I congratulated BVNW, Derby, Garden City, KMC, Goddard and St. James for their Team trophies. My friend Will handed me the trophy and took a picture. I will send it to you but I don't know if you get phone coverage behind that rock. It was funny! Unless you are part of the hate group that freaks out on others success or having a good time. You can get counseling for that!

Last edited by Chief Renegade; 03/05/14 02:08 PM.

Eric Johnson

Re: Bias [Re: Just Wondering] #227194 03/05/14 02:19 PM
Cokeley Offline
I made him hold it. Not because he had anything to do with SJA winning but because I wanted him to. Eric and I are friends and we were friends before the archdiocese even had blue prints for SJA. He knows lots of the kids in Kansas and Missouri. He supports wrestling everywhere and gives more to the sport than anyone. His favorite school is actually Shawnee Mission East where his son Tanner wrestled. They might not not ever win a title so I wanted Eric to have a chance to hold a state championship trophy. He was reluctant and now I know why.

The jealousy is unbelievable. If you don't like what Eric does why do you attack him? He is just a passionate fan and is dedicated to the sport. Use your energy to enhance instead of being destructive. Look for ways to find common ground with a VOLUNTEER. I promise he hasn't given one dime or one minute of time to support SJA wrestling as an entity. Every kid in Kansas has benefited from his work to bring awareness to Kansas.

It is dispicable those who attack personally but choose to remain anonymous.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Bias [Re: Cokeley] #227198 03/05/14 02:53 PM
Beeson Offline
I don't hate Eric and I don't hate Will. Believe it or not I like both of them. We have a lot of discussions involving wrestling. Will knows things about me that I would like to keep between us and I know things about Will that will stay between us. I call Eric through out the year with suggestions and questions and Eric calls me through out the year with questions and asking for advice. I want it clear that, even though we seem to disagree on the forum, I think both of them are good for Kansas Wrestling and consider them friends.

I think I need to clarify my statement on Chief's Bias. I think Chief is a fan of SJA no question in my mind. He is friends with Will and wants Will's team and Will's sons team to do well. There is nothing wrong with rooting for a team, even when you are the ranker. I also do not think that Chief is just bias to SJA, I think he is Bias to the Kansas City Area. This is normal being from the KC area. Again, I do not think this is wrong. I would just like for it to be acknowledged.

I do not think that Chief is Biased in his rankings, for the most part. I think that Chief does a great job with the rankings, well except for posting them too much, ;)which he did not do nearly as much this year. Thank You. I think that Chief is very objective in his rankings and tries to be fair. No system is perfect and we can find flaws in any ranking system.

I guess what I am trying to say is that even though he is a fan of SJA and KC area wrestling. He can still be objective in his rankings. That is why I said he is Biased and Objective, I believe he is both.

Now for all of those complaining about recruiting and chief helping SJA win a title. Find another excuse to why you lost this year and they won. They put a lot of time, energy, and money into this program and are now reaping the rewards. Their boys wrestled hard and won a State Title in the toughest class in the state this year. I though that their wrestlers and fans were humble in victory this year. Congratulations.

Side note, Will sent me that picture as a joke. I forwarded it to my brother as a joke. I did not know he was going to say something about it on the forum and wish he hadn't. There is nothing wrong with celebrating with your friends.

Chief, Keep up the good work. It truly is a thankless job, especially when someone who calls you a friend is the one who rides you the hardest.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Bias [Re: Beeson] #227204 03/05/14 03:16 PM
K
ksuwrestling2 Offline
K
Well, I am not friends with Eric or Will and I don’t want to be. Mainly because of the way Cokeley treats people on these forms. There were 4 state champion teams this year and here we are talking about only one.

The only reason I truly care about all of this is because private schools should be in their own classification. SJA can claim whatever they want, but until people wake up and recognize private schools have a distinct advantage over public nothing will change. Until the All-Class ranker and all of his supporters recognize private schools have a distinct advantage over public nothing will change either.

Steve Moser
Re: Bias [Re: ksuwrestling2] #227205 03/05/14 03:24 PM
K
ksuwrestling2 Offline
K
And Cokeley, your little list there with the explanations....that was cute...real cute.

Steve Moser
Re: Bias [Re: ksuwrestling2] #227206 03/05/14 03:25 PM
Beeson Offline
Off Topic for one minute while I brag. Ark City has won the State Championship 20 of the last 50 years, and place in the top 3 another 10. St. James just won their first State Championship. I don't see where Private Schools have the Adavantage.

Bragging over.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Bias [Re: ksuwrestling2] #227207 03/05/14 03:30 PM
R
rccokeley Offline
R
Originally Posted By: ksuwrestling2
Well, I am not friends with Eric or Will and I don’t want to be. Mainly because of the way Cokeley treats people on these forms. There were 4 state champion teams this year and here we are talking about only one.

The only reason I truly care about all of this is because private schools should be in their own classification. SJA can claim whatever they want, but until people wake up and recognize private schools have a distinct advantage over public nothing will change. Until the All-Class ranker and all of his supporters recognize private schools have a distinct advantage over public nothing will change either.

Since the year 2000, out of all 4 classes only 3 private catholic schools have won a team state championship. Bishop Carrol won it 4 times. STA won it 2 times. SJA just once. 7 out of 60 team titles since the year 2000 belong to private schools. 4 of which belong to BC, a private school in Wichita. Please Steve, tell me where the advantage is because I cannot find it. Maybe the private schools aren't recruiting hard enough?

Last edited by rccokeley; 03/05/14 03:31 PM.
Re: Bias [Re: Beeson] #227209 03/05/14 03:38 PM
J
Just Wondering Offline
J
Really Will? Jealousy? Because he held a State Championship Trophy? Yeah thats why I made the comment. You talk all the time about busting balls on this page. I didnt attack Chief. I didnt call him any names. I simply stated i would love to see the picture. Chief takes alot of crap on this site for being a SJA homer. (and yes I have chimed in a few times) Hate is a very strong word. Disagreements can happen. But it always seems like you are the first to take things to the personal level with name calling. Relax.

Bob Burnett
Re: Bias [Re: rccokeley] #227210 03/05/14 03:38 PM
J. Dale Offline
Hey Steve,
I don't agree with everything that the catholic church does, I won't go into that. But I will say that his list was alot cuter and surely more entertaining than your stand up routine. Give it a rest. We need to help get the catholic diocese in KC to stay the hell out of sports (like in the 106# bracket) and quit screwing all the other kids because of their beliefs and get them to worry about more important things of which I won't go into.

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Re: Bias [Re: J. Dale] #227211 03/05/14 03:41 PM
D
Daniel DRW Offline
D
This stuff is ridiculous!! If you don’t like it leave the forum, this is a voluntarily joined group, you can leave at any time. This is a talk forum where people voice their personal opinion, if these adults drive you that nuts then do the adult thing and leave the discussion. I don’t know 99% of the people on here face to face and don’t agree with some of the stuff posted but I understand it’s their opinion and me as some mystery person behind a computer I am not going to change their mind. I am willing to bet you have clue how much enjoyment you give them that you care enough about their opinion that you spend hours reading and arguing about it.

If you think the private schools are better then go join one, it’s ridiculous to say they should be in their own class, they still educate their kids to be successful adults in life along with some religion. They are KIDS just like mine that go to a public school and shouldn’t be punished because their family has different religious views than mine. This is the year 2014 and in case you haven’t noticed people are allowed to melt into society regardless of religion race and whatever else use to be so “different”…..

Re: Bias [Re: J. Dale] #227212 03/05/14 03:46 PM
J. Dale Offline
Sorry, it was the 113# bracket. My bad.

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Re: Bias [Re: J. Dale] #227216 03/05/14 03:59 PM
C
OP Offline
C
It's all good! Just having some fun on the forum in between State/Metro Classic/All-Class Duals. Not to worry... smile

By the way... Team Kansas is ready to roll out to Denver next week!!!

Eric Johnson

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Derek Patterson), 133 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,939
Posts250,371
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)