Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Yard House....wussification of 'Merica #228630 03/22/14 12:20 AM
MammaWoods Offline OP
OP Offline
I said I would never, ever post on this forum........But After District 1 weigh ins....hey let's go to Yard House and get some grub. Asked server if 1 of the 50 TVs can be switched to NCAA wrestling. Here comes Mr. Manager guy. "We have a policy to not play shows with violence. This includes boxing and wrestling" I said I'm not asking for MMA but Div I NCAA championships of collegiate wrestling. 1) I want to cash out and pay for my margarita and 2) further wussification of America. Later Yard House!

You and your Mom are hillbillies. This is a house of learned doctors. ~Dale Doback
Re: The Yard House....wussification of 'Merica [Re: MammaWoods] #228631 03/22/14 12:27 AM
MammaWoods Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh yeah my name is Leslie Gallagher with Ogden's Outlaws.

You and your Mom are hillbillies. This is a house of learned doctors. ~Dale Doback
Re: The Yard House....wussification of 'Merica [Re: MammaWoods] #228644 03/22/14 02:18 AM
J
John Johnson Offline
J
There was an article on Google New yesterday from the Atlantic about how kids in America are too protected from risk and how that basically stunts their 'real life' growth. Long article, but a must read for those over protective parents of today. Kids need a chance to get hurt...as the t-shirt says...if it doesn't kill you....

(You people do know what The Atlantic is right??? I know most of you are Republicans...LOL)

Re: The Yard House....wussification of 'Merica [Re: John Johnson] #228649 03/22/14 05:17 AM
Beeson Offline
Leslie, I would like to buy you a beer in two weeks.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: The Yard House....wussification of 'Merica [Re: Beeson] #228703 03/23/14 05:06 PM
M
Mitchell Offline
M
No violence? I see more fist fights in pro basketball and baseball than I ever do in wrestling.

Will Mitchell
RVHS Wrestling
Re: The Yard House....wussification of 'Merica [Re: John Johnson] #228704 03/23/14 05:21 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
If you still got the link (maybe it is still saved in your's browser's history), I'd love to read it.

Thanks,

Originally Posted By: John Johnson
There was an article on Google New yesterday from the Atlantic about how kids in America are too protected from risk and how that basically stunts their 'real life' growth. Long article, but a must read for those over protective parents of today. Kids need a chance to get hurt...as the t-shirt says...if it doesn't kill you....

(You people do know what The Atlantic is right??? I know most of you are Republicans...LOL)

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: The Yard House....wussification of 'Merica [Re: Dean Welsh] #228707 03/23/14 05:37 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
PS: you mentioned it being a 'long article' . . . I have read long books on this subject. Maybe I could get the wife to read on article on it . . . She'll never read a book on this subject. UGH.

Here is a book I read on it:

"A Nation of Wimps: The High Cost of Invasive Parenting"

Check the link to look at the very funny (and sad at the same time) photo on the cover of the book - just the cover of the book, is worth picking up a used copy of the book - cut off the cover, frame it, and put it in a prominent place in your home - as a reminder):

http://www.amazon.com/Nation-Wimps-High-...p;keywords=Wimp

For an excellent book on kids/parenting - i'd recommend this:

The Childhood Roots of Adult Happiness: Five Steps to Help Kids Create and Sustain Lifelong Joy Paperback
by Edward M. Hallowell M.D. (Author)

The author is a doc from Harvard who is a shrink. Easy/fast read. Yet, deep and very helpful stuff.

One last one . . . Any of the 'Love and Logic' stuff by Foster Cline and Jim Fay - AWESOME STUFF - you can get the main ideas of their philosophy at loveandlogic.com - Yes, they are constantly 'pitching' their products at you . . . but they offer enough free info on their site that anybody who can 'connect the dots', can get the basic principles down. Here is a link to their free articles:

http://www.loveandlogic.com/t-Free-Articles-and-Handouts-for-Parents.aspx

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)

Moderated by  RichardDSalyer 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 141 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,933
Posts250,364
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)