Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Thank you to Schoolboys #230459 06/09/14 02:25 PM
A
ath618 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I would just like to thank all of the coaches that took the kids to Indy to compete in the School Boy/Girl National Duals.

Good times were had by all and friendships that they will have forever.

Ted Huck

Re: Thank you to Schoolboys [Re: ath618] #230460 06/09/14 02:31 PM
A
ath618 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Ok now that that is out of the way. I would like to thank all the parents of the entire group of boys that attended this year. I was a chaperone and have never been around a group of kids that were that well behaved. From the servers at Golden Corral, Ponderosa, Charlies pizza and that Chinese place next to the hotel. I heard how well behaved and polite the kids were. This was the norm for the entire week. No kids running in the hall not being loud and in bed at a reasonable time. I know in my room they fell asleep no later than 1100.
So schoolboys this is a thank you to you also for being respectful and funny at the same time. I will share stories for many years to come.

Ted Huck
Chaperone Schoolboys 2014

Re: Thank you to Schoolboys [Re: ath618] #230463 06/09/14 06:13 PM
usawks1 Offline
Great representation Team Kansas!!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: Thank you to Schoolboys [Re: usawks1] #230464 06/09/14 09:03 PM
G
GT Williams Offline
G
A formal thank you to my athletes and families for their help and participation in this year's dual team. This was the best-behaved group I have had and they were a pleasure to work with.

Special thanks to:

Coaches Knox, Gonzales, Flynn, Williams (the other one), Irwin, and Brock Budke.

And to Stacy Johnson, Ted Huck and Tami Porsch (and Aunt Ruth)
and all others who helped and assisted with our camp and tournament.

The USAWKS people are great: Mike and Kathy Juby, Will Cokeley, Matt Treaster, Leanna Grater and Randy Hinderliter, who made a special trip to KC to conduct a bronze clinic so three of my guys
could coach in Indy. Wow.

St James Academy: Mike Medina and Jimmy Muehleberger, thanks as always. You guys make this a reality.

And finally to Shawn Budke. He runs a team, helps organize, recruit wrestlers, cooks, cleans, chaperones, mentors and anything else we need, all for no pay. You are the best, Buddy.

Tom Williams

p.s. I know I am leaving people off this list, I apologize in advance.

Last edited by GT Williams; 06/10/14 10:51 AM.
Re: Thank you to Schoolboys [Re: GT Williams] #230467 06/09/14 10:48 PM
C
Coach Gonzales Offline
C
Thanks to all the parents and wrestlers! You have done a great job raising your young men! They were fun to be around, worked hard and were well-behaved.

Our directors do a great job of providing a staff that does well with the wrestlers!
Thanks Tom and Shawn for having me back!

Its always an honor and privilege helping Team Kansas!

"Adversity introduces a man to himself"
Re: Thank you to Schoolboys [Re: Coach Gonzales] #230471 06/10/14 02:33 PM
B
budkes Offline
B
I would like to echo everything Tom, Tyler and Ted posted. This was a great group of kids!!!! I got the same complimiments from all that they came in contact with me.

Special thanks to the parents for giving us the opportunity to work with your kids. It really is an honor and a privilege getting to work with these fine young men!

The parental support was absolutely fantastic!

Tom recognized the individuals above and words cannot express how much those folks worked and helped. THANK YOU!

Huge thanks to Randy Hinderliter, Kathy Juby and Mike Juby for helping with the coaches cards and the Bronze clinic. What a very special group of folks that give way beyond expectations to help our kids and cocaches.

We all owe a huge thanks to Tom Williams who puts all of this together and provides this opportunity for our kids. He doesn't have a kid involved and he does this all on his own time with no pay. He has built a great program and it is because of his efforts that Kansas has the success it has! Thanks for letting me be a part of this!

Shawn Budke

Re: Thank you to Schoolboys [Re: budkes] #230474 06/10/14 05:48 PM
C
Coach Buck Offline
C
Words can not express my gratitude to all the Kansas Coaches, Directors, Parents, and athletes that were at the Schoolboy Duals.

Anyone who knows me knows that it absolutely killed me not being able to make the trip, but I knew Gabe would be in great hands. You all know the old saying, it takes a community to raise a child. I am proud to be a part of the Kansas Wrestling Community, and thank you to all for watching over my son and helping raise him if only for a week.

I want to personally thank Tom Williams for coordinating this huge event, the coaches for taking the time and effort to work with Gabe and make him better, parents like Craig Lindsey, Matt Treaster, and Holly Wills for making sure he had a ride back, and all others that watched over him.

Gabe had a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again Thank you,
Coach Buckbee

Moderated by  Coach T.Gonzales 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 115 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)