Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Thank you from the Knechts #237322 09/21/15 02:07 AM
J
Joe Knecht Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Whenever I talk to people that aren't familiar with wrestling I always seem to say something along the lines of "wrestling is like one big family, we see each other week in and week out, and we look out for each other and sometimes we even fight each other".

I never realized I truly didn't understand what I was really saying; those words that speak of "wrestling family" have a much more intense meeting now. Based on the huge outpouring of prayers, cards, donations and messages, I can say I've never been more proud to be associated with the absolute best there is, my wrestling family.

People/Clubs all over the state and beyond, even competitors I battled in High School whom I hadn't had any contact reached out for support.

I want you all to know, that even in our darkest hours you guys have been the light that shines through the dizzying fog. A beacon that has provided tremendous comfort and hope while we figure out what our new normal is going to be like. Two things my family needs.

I have made it through some tough days of late. I've lost my soul mate. I made it through 6 hours of surgery. I've felt unimaginable physical and emotional pain. But I know I'm a wrestler whose a part of an amazing wrestling family, I can and will conquer anything. And I know I won't have to go at it alone. I find strength in that.

I know I can never repay you all but I can do one thing. I can promise I will do my best to make you all proud; as a human and a representative of this wonderful sport. I will pay it forward. Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything.

Sincerely,

Joe, Jaden and Jordyn Knecht

Joe Knecht
(913) 709-9875
Re: Thank you from the Knechts [Re: Joe Knecht] #237330 09/21/15 04:16 PM
usawks1 Offline
... my continued thoughts will be with all of you.

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 162 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)