Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kansas College Wrestling Fund? #244326 02/10/17 07:34 PM
BigPin22 Offline OP
OP Offline
Does this fund still exist? How much money has been raised? What schools have received benefits from the fund?

thanks in advance!

"Stats are for losers. Final scores are for winners." Bill Belicheck
Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: BigPin22] #244327 02/10/17 07:43 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
Bigpin22 this was as of October 15, 2016 - all funds from donors since then go directly to USAWKS/KCWF Mike Juby.
I do know for fact several clubs and some indidividuals have continued to give to the fund.

Dear Friend of KCWF, October 15, 2016

The Kansas College Wrestling Fund was authorized and established by the USA Wrestling, Inc.-Kansas nearly five years ago in the summer of 2011. It is the mission of the KCWF to provide financial support for Kansas Colleges and universities with active college programs. In the past five years you have been a donor to this fund. Thank you for your past financial support!

Your donations have benefited the 13 Kansas colleges & universities. This number will grow to sixteen programs (womens’s programs are among the 16 currently) this year with the additions at Central Christian College, Saint Mary College, Cloud County CC These wrestling programs have benefited many former Kansas youth and high school wrestlers in the past five years. This past year there were approximately 160 former Kansas youth and high school wrestlers on the thirteen active Kansas colleges wrestling rosters.

There have been several Kansas wrestling All Americans and Academic All Americans at these Kansas colleges over the past five years.

Twelve years ago there were only 6 college programs in Kansas with wrestling. At that time there was 1 four-year college and 5 community college programs. The 2016-17 school year in Kansas will have a total of 16 schools with collegiate wrestling in Kansas. There will be 9 four-year colleges and 7 community colleges around the state providing opportunities for these young student athletes.

You have helped all of these young wrestlers further their wrestling careers in college and more importantly, their academic and career pursuits with your generous support. Over the last five years, the Kansas College Wrestling Fund has generated $91,600 in revenue, paid distribution checks totaling $43,000 and had $11,500 of total 5 year operating expenses. The projected remaining endowment balance should be approximately $42,700 after the annual distributions are sent to the colleges – in September/October of 2016. During the first five years, 180 individual donors, 30 businesses and 268 clubs, KS USA Wrestling and other wrestling organizations contributed to this effort. We are hoping that you will donate again this year. And, we hope to add each year to the number of our donors and the size of our distributions to each college.

Please help these Kansas colleges/university wrestling programs and the young wrestlers of Kansas by donating again this year.

Thank you,

Sean McCarthy
Chairman
Kansas College Wrestling Fund

Tax ID Number: 48-0981221 / 501(c)(3) tax deductible

Last edited by smokeycabin; 02/10/17 07:44 PM.
Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: smokeycabin] #244335 02/11/17 01:21 AM
BigPin22 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for the response. I just read something in another thread that made it sound like all the funds were being directed towards one college. thank you for clearing this up

Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: BigPin22] #244417 02/13/17 11:53 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
One college did receive more funding compared to the other colleges.

Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: smokeycabin] #244441 02/14/17 07:33 AM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
[color:#CC0000]USA Kansas Wrestling
Budget Meeting
September 20, 2015
Those in attendance: Mike Juby, Kathy Juby, Keith Ashpole, Mark Stanley, Randy
Hinderliter, Richard Salyer, Scott Edwards, Travis Keal, and Alicia Edwards. Will
Cokeley came online some time later during the meeting.
     2015‐16    2014‐15  
REVENUE     
  Membership Fees   160,000   160,000 
  State Tournament   45,000   44,000 
  Affiliate Revenue   2,500   500 
  Officials   400   400 
       207,900   204,900 

EXPENDITURES     
  Camps & Clinics     
    Folkstyle Clinics   6,000   4,000 
    Freestyle/Greco Clinics     
    Districts   2,000   2,000 
    Regional Training Center   8,000   8,000 
    Southern Plains   8,000   8,000 

Regional/National Teams     
    Cadet Duals   20,000   20,000 
    California Greco Duals   1,500   1,500 
    Elementary School Duals   3,500   3,500 
    Folkstyle Nationals   10,000   10,000 
    FS/GR Kids Nationals   1,000   1,000 
    Junior Duals   3,000   2,000 
    Junior/Cadet Nationals   29,500   29,500 
    Middle School Dual (Folkstyle)   6,000   6,000 
    Post Season HS Duals   2,000   ‐   
    Preseason Nationals   1,500   1,500 
    Schoolboy Duals   13,500   13,500 
    Super 32   500   1,000 
    UWW Cadet Duals   1,500   ‐   

Events     
    NAIA National Tournament   2,000   2,000 
    Senior Classic   3,000   3,000 
    Southern Plains   5,000   5,000 

Coaches Education   2,500   2,500 
  Colleges   31,500   31,500 
  Elite Athlete   4,500   4,500 
  Equipment (computer/clocks)   25,500   26,000 
  Hall of Fame   1,500   1,500 
  Mileage   2,000   2,000 
  Officials   15,000   14,750 
  Rulebooks   1,600   1,500 
  Triple Crown Award   1,000   1,000 
  Women   7,500   7,500 

State Office   34,000   34,000 
       254,100   248,250 

Revenue less Expenditures   (46,200)  (43,350)

Colleges     
  Four‐year institutions ($2000 ea)     14,000 
  Two‐year institutions ($1500 ea)     9,000 
  FHSU Endowment     5,000 
  KCWF expenses     3,500 
       ‐     31,500 
       [/color]
  1  Baker     
  2  Benedictine     
  3  Bethany     
  4  Fort Hays     
  5  Newman     
  6  Ottawa     
  7  Wesleyan     
  1  Barton     
  2  Colby     
  3  Labette     
  4  Neosho     
  5  NW Kansas Tech     
  6  Pratt

Note: I would like to add a footnote to the data above concerning the KCWF - it shows only expenses at $3,500 - but in the same breath the KCWF - college fund brought in between $25,000-$30,000 annually and distributed $1,000 evenly across the board to the colleges each year and the remaining funds went into the KCWF - Which currently stands at an estimated $45,000.

Last edited by smokeycabin; 02/14/17 07:42 AM.
Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: smokeycabin] #244544 02/16/17 02:53 AM
Cokeley Offline
The $3500 for the KCWF is the funds that the USAWKS basically DONATED to the KCWF to cover all of the expenses to permit EVERY dollar the KCWF receives in donations to be distributed as the KCWF saw fit before this committee was eliminated due to absence of a volunteer leader.

The funds raised by the KCWF are accounted for in a completely different budget that YOU have and can feel free to disclose at ANY time.

FHSU Endowment is the ONLY fund in existence in Kansas to INSURE that funds will be used solely for wrestling and they are earmarked to INSURE that a wrestling program is continuously operating in KS.

Seriously...If you are going to take up so much space on the forum please quit posting quotes without the context and quit posting information that you don't completely understand. It is really boring and obnoxious.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: Cokeley] #244550 02/16/17 12:49 PM
Cokeley Offline
Will,

Thanks for sending out this notice; it is important that the former members of the KCWF committee be aware of the future of the fund they help start.

As Will stated, at the February 5 meeting of the board of USA Wrestling-Kansas, the subject of the dormant committee was discussed. With the resignation of Sean McCarthy, and the lack of anyone stepping forward to take the very active role that Sean had maintained, it was decided to redesign the focus of the fund. The following are the key points agreed by the board:
There is clear interest in maintaining an endowed fund for the benefit of college wrestling in the state.
The current funds in the KCWF account will continue to be held for the purpose of endowing Kansas colleges that provide wrestling.
The KWCA/College director, who is a member of the board of USAW-Kansas, will create a committee for the purpose of
Promoting the endowed fund and soliciting contributions
Soliciting feedback from Kansas colleges on an annual basis on how they are benefiting wrestling in Kansas
Recommending grant amounts to the USAW-Kansas board at the annual budget meeting

USAW-Kansas has a long history of providing significant funding to Kansas colleges and universities. This tradition began decades before the start of the KCWF, and the board expects to continue to budget annual grants from general funds. Starting in the 2017-18 budget year, this amount will be supplemented by annual distributions from the college endowment fund (KCWF fund). The annual distribution will be equal to 5% of the balance in the fund at the end of the fiscal year. The hope is that this will allow the endowed fund to grow, providing increasing grants in future years.

Finally, in case anyone is interested, the board decided that the amount which had been budgeted to cover the costs of the KCWF for the current year would be deposited into the account with the other endowed funds. This $3500 grant will benefit college wrestling for years to come, as will the other balances currently in the fund along with all new contributions.

If anyone has any questions, concerns or suggestions, please let me know. The current KWCA/College Director is Scott Edwards, whom I have copied with this email.

Mike Juby
mikejuby@usawks.com
www.usawks.com

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: Cokeley] #244554 02/16/17 01:27 PM
Cokeley Offline
I would like to clarify for all of those who have been following the disparaging comments and quotes taken out of context my position and role when it comes to Kansas wrestling.

A. I do not have a conflict of interest. The comments about out of state programs vs Kansas Community College were directed at the recent movement by many of the Jayhawk Conference schools to have the "books and tuition only" scholarship limitation. I know there was an effort and I was merely trying to state why this needed to happen. From a economic perspective, you would be hard pressed to pay $7500 out of pocket for a year in Kansas CC when your student athlete could attend NEO, ICCC, IWCC, or many others for substantially less. Absent federal aid this is the economic challenge Jayhawk conference schools are faced with. There are KS CC coaches that have stated, off the record, that they would make the same decision. It is DISHONEST to mislead a KS student athlete with a deceptive phrase such as "FULL SCHOLARSHIP" making it sound like "FULL RIDE" when in fact Kansas Jayhawk Conference Schools mandate that student athletes pay FEES, DORM, and MEAL PLAN. Why would we deceive our own?

B. The inception of the KCWF was in part due to the sudden and abrupt "Killing off" of the UNO program. When this program was taken off the table the word was a six figure fund generated by wrestling for wrestling was taken by the AD to the general fund basically ROBBING wrestling supporters of their donated funds. My position on the board has always been to PROTECT the programs we have by offering a means of both supporting and protecting programs. We went on record telling the State Body and groups of donors that we would be directing the KCWF funds to wrestling specific endowments set up by the secondary institutions. This Letter of Understanding was to prevent what happened to the UNO program. FHSU has such a fund in the Bob Smith Wrestling Endowment. When the KCWF basically pulled every tooth from the LOU I commented that outside of the KCWF I would direct my efforts at bolstering this fund because it met the goals we advertised to the wrestling community. The comment "I will kick your asses" was said in a very non physical threatening way but directed to the fact that donors would be more willing to give to a fund that they can count on as being used forever for wrestling only! I was basically stating that I could raise more funds advocating the Bob Smith Wrestling Endowment when donors discovered that Dan Harris had made our GIFTS from the KCWF basically a donation to the schools general fund with only a current year payback clause. The KCWF became more of a good ole boy group for Shawn to raise money and hand out with no guarantee that wrestling would benefit and that wrestling would be sustained. The comment from Dan Harris that "You can't tell a school how it has to use the funds!" should have been a giant RED FLAG to stop giving funds to schools that didn't want to accept our CONDITIONAL donations. The conditions were advertised as SUSTAINING WRESTLING, WRESTLING SPECIFIC, and REFUNDABLE! All of those goals were discarded by a vote.

C. When considering conflict of interest, it should be noted that having coaches who directly benefit from this fund on the board that VOTES on how the funds are to be distributed should be a serious consideration as well. WHY WOULD WE DO THAT? If you would like to have advisory positions with no vote then I would say that is acceptable. Further, as we discovered on the USAWKS board, the more members the more analysis paralysis you have. The KCWF board grew and grew and grew as Shawn felt it was necessary to only have like minded members on the board to push his simple agenda. Raise money and give money away.

The USAWKS board decided to take an in depth look at funding secondary education institution funding based on a movement NOT STARTED by Will Cokeley. The cause was simple...The total dollars supporting said group of wrestling schools was outpacing the growth of the USAWKS top revenue line. The number of schools offering wrestling being added in Kansas is outpacing the number of kids participating. The cooperation between ALL of these schools and USAWKS was not equal. The question was posed...What are the members of USAWKS getting in return for the tens of thousands of dollars being donated? The KCWF was NOT to be impacted by this deeper dive even though there is a direct tie to USAWKS by this sub group. The motivation to add these programs was not the same as private schools seek to add $'s while state funded institutions are looking to fill empty classroom seats. Should USAWKS be giving our membership dollars away to an entity who has the motivation to garner more funds not offer a quality wrestling experience? While opportunities are good, be careful what you wish for! Talk to every coach in Kansas now and discover how hard it is to fill a community college roster. Growth can be destructive as quality is sacrificed for quantity.

I realize that not everyone has the same ideas and I understand the practice to agree to disagree. This practice has not been accepted
by Shawn McCarthy and he has taken to travel down a destructive path. I have given my heart and soul to ALL Kansas wrestlers and I have done what I thought was right to protect USAWKS' member funds while also supporting post high school wrestling in Kansas. I am worn out from the disparaging remarks and comments being presented out of context. I love wrestling and I thought that common ground would always keep folks moving in a positive direction but I have been proven wrong by Shawn's words and actions.

Best Regards

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: Cokeley] #244556 02/16/17 01:34 PM
BigPin22 Offline OP
OP Offline
What is the reason Fort Hays got a $5000 endowment?

Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: BigPin22] #244571 02/16/17 04:01 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
"FHSU Endowment is the ONLY fund in existence in Kansas to INSURE that funds will be used solely for wrestling and they are earmarked to INSURE that a wrestling program is continuously operating in KS."

I would bet not the "Only" college in Kansas with an endowment. I have seen huge endowments - for example a $2.5 million at Notre Dame dedicated for wrestling it disappeared and went into the athletic general fund/endowment - likes some of these threads.

Here is another college - the first one I looked at and the only one and it is a public institution

https://www.guidestar.org/profile/48-0926092

NEOSHO COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOUNDATION ENDOWMENT
www.NEOSHO.EDU

MISSION STATEMENT
THE NEOSHO COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOUNDATION CREATES AND FOSTERS TRUSTWORTHY COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS THAT SUPPORT AND ADVANCE THE COLLEGE'S MISSION OF PROVIDING QUALITY EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS, SERVICES, AND ACTIVITIES FOR ITS STUDENTS AND THE COMMUNITY BY MANAGING, SOLICITING AND ADMINISTERING GIFTS OF MONEY AND/OR PROPERTY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS, PROGRAMS, FACILITIES, CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS AND ENDOWMENT

It is this use of a board position by Alumni of FHSU to send funds to their former college and other programs that can benefit the board, family members, and/or other business associations.

I would encourage you all to read rules and regulations of a 501-c-3 they operate different than for profits - but it was for profits that forced some of the rules to be changed to for profits and non-profits.

Most colleges have some form of an endowment.

Last edited by smokeycabin; 02/16/17 04:24 PM.
Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: smokeycabin] #244573 02/16/17 04:03 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
"TRANSPARENCY Smokey... IS there something you want to accuse us of? You have been bald face lying on other threads, care to take a shot at me on this one too? Keep pushing me and the thread from our text exchange will be published along with the chain of events that led to the dissolving of the KCWF."

I promise The Kansas College Wrestling Fund will reappear without the current Vice Chairman involved and it may have a different name - It may be in a different form. I and other committee members decided to not volunteer working 400 to 500 hours per year (in total 800-1,000 per year or 2 people) raising funds for the Kansas colleges - When the Vice Chairman was sending emails like I will kick the KCWF Committee's ass (12 or 13 members and their constituents) and raise funds solely for Ft Hays ( I can get the exact email and date if you need to refresh your memory). In addition to that the Vice Chairman said something to the effect that he would send every Junior college potential recruit to out of state Junior Colleges and not promote Kansas schools. - Also, there is an exact email from the Junior college rant – by Will. The Will Cokeley Bylaws are much different than the USA KS Wrestling Bylaws as well as our parent organizations bylaws USA Wrestling National and KSHSAA. I am sure the funds still being raised and in the KCWF fund balance of the current KCWF will be distributed per the parameters set forth by the KCWF Committee and approved by the USA Wrestling KS Board. It may be a long road establishing a Kansas Collegiate Wrestling Fund and an uphill battle - with the right people for the right reasons it will be worth it. It is very counter productive
I just want our efforts to help provide opportunities to current and future student/athletes. I will devote time to ensure the Kansas Colleges continue to have academic and athletic wrestling opportunities in Kansas.

Sean McCarthy
(913) 579-1835
smokeycabin@hotmail.com

Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: smokeycabin] #244574 02/16/17 04:06 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
If it looks like a duck, flys like a duck, sounds like a duck - it's probably a duck.

True or False:

So this is not the cooperation the KCWF committee had been hoping for from Mr. Cokeley over the last 5 – 6 years.

Comment below from our Freestyle/Greco Director Fall of 2016 and at the time Vice Chairman of the KCWf

"I will send every quality kid from KS to Iowa for a jr college opportunity."

Reply|
Thu 5/17/2012, 9:21 PM
wcokeley@silgancontainers.com
You forwarded this message on 2/10/2017 6:13 PM

Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 16:09:19 +0000

“If you want me to step off the committee and go on a mission to raise funds for FHSU ONLY then just say so and I will kick your committee’s ass to the curb and show you how to get a fully funded program. I will campaign DIRECTLY against your effort and your $20,000 will turn into chump change. I give WAY more time and money to this sport than 95% of those involved. I am not trying to pick a fight with you Sean.”

If these actions are OK by the state body then fine. I personally see little value having this type of behavior by a board member. It is my opinion and I am only one little tiny vote.

Last edited by smokeycabin; 02/16/17 04:11 PM.
Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: smokeycabin] #244590 02/16/17 07:45 PM
J
jeremy sekavec Offline
J
I believe the KJCAA is moving to offer full scholarships. They removed the rule for football i know for sure. I think they are ruling that rule for all sports here in the near future

Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: smokeycabin] #244592 02/16/17 08:02 PM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: smokeycabin
If it looks like a duck, flys like a duck, sounds like a duck - it's probably a duck.

True or False:

So this is not the cooperation the KCWF committee had been hoping for from Mr. Cokeley over the last 5 – 6 years.

Comment below from our Freestyle/Greco Director Fall of 2016 and at the time Vice Chairman of the KCWf

Reply|

If these actions are OK by the state body then fine. I personally see little value having this type of behavior by a board member. It is my opinion and I am only one little tiny vote.

A. I do not have a conflict of interest. The comments about out of state programs vs Kansas Community College were directed at the recent movement by many of the Jayhawk Conference schools to have the "books and tuition only" scholarship limitation. I know there was an effort and I was merely trying to state why this needed to happen. From a economic perspective, you would be hard pressed to pay $7500 out of pocket for a year in Kansas CC when your student athlete could attend NEO, ICCC, IWCC, or many others for substantially less. Absent federal aid this is the economic challenge Jayhawk conference schools are faced with. There are KS CC coaches that have stated, off the record, that they would make the same decision. It is DISHONEST to mislead a KS student athlete with a deceptive phrase such as "FULL SCHOLARSHIP" making it sound like "FULL RIDE" when in fact Kansas Jayhawk Conference Schools mandate that student athletes pay FEES, DORM, and MEAL PLAN. Why would we deceive our own?

The context and explanation is important. You cannot just cut snippets from a conversation. This is libelous.

Last edited by Cokeley; 02/16/17 08:07 PM.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: smokeycabin] #244593 02/16/17 08:10 PM
Cokeley Offline
"FHSU Endowment is the ONLY fund in existence in Kansas to INSURE that funds will be used solely for wrestling and they are earmarked to INSURE that a wrestling program is continuously operating in KS."

I would bet not the "Only" college in Kansas with an endowment. I have seen huge endowments - for example a $2.5 million at Notre Dame dedicated for wrestling it disappeared and went into the athletic general fund/endowment - likes some of these threads.

Here is another college - the first one I looked at and the only one and it is a public institution

https://www.guidestar.org/profile/48-0926092

NEOSHO COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOUNDATION ENDOWMENT
www.NEOSHO.EDU

MISSION STATEMENT
THE NEOSHO COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOUNDATION CREATES AND FOSTERS TRUSTWORTHY COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS THAT SUPPORT AND ADVANCE THE COLLEGE'S MISSION OF PROVIDING QUALITY EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS, SERVICES, AND ACTIVITIES FOR ITS STUDENTS AND THE COMMUNITY BY MANAGING, SOLICITING AND ADMINISTERING GIFTS OF MONEY AND/OR PROPERTY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS, PROGRAMS, FACILITIES, CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS AND ENDOWMENT

It is this use of a board position by Alumni of FHSU to send funds to their former college and other programs that can benefit the board, family members, and/or other business associations.

I would encourage you all to read rules and regulations of a 501-c-3 they operate different than for profits - but it was for profits that forced some of the rules to be changed to for profits and non-profits.

Most colleges have some form of an endowment.

This doesn't appear to be a WRESTLING ENDOWMENT FUND. I CLEARLY stated that the BOB SMITH WRESTLING ENDOWMENT fund was the only of its type in Kansas. You can't compare and apple to an orange. If you are going to argue you should at least argue responsibly.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: Cokeley] #244594 02/16/17 08:12 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
Thank you for your clarification.

Last edited by smokeycabin; 02/16/17 08:22 PM.
Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: Cokeley] #244597 02/16/17 08:19 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
Thank you for your clarification. I did not write your comments. I am simply stating the facts and some people are sick and tired of your behavior. While others feel that your actions are totally OK. In my one opinion/1 vote - I for one do not think your representation is good, great, or other for a state leadership position.

“If you want me to step off the committee and go on a mission to raise funds for FHSU ONLY then just say so and I will kick your committee’s ass to the curb and show you how to get a fully funded program. I will campaign DIRECTLY against your effort and your $20,000 will turn into chump change. I give WAY more time and money to this sport than 95% of those involved. I am not trying to pick a fight with you Sean.”

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com

True or False:

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com

smoking cabin
Sean McCarthy

Last edited by smokeycabin; 02/16/17 08:20 PM.
Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: smokeycabin] #244599 02/16/17 08:22 PM
Cokeley Offline
Thank you for your clarification. I did not write your comments. I am simply stating the facts and some people are sick and tired of your behavior. While others feel that your actions are totally OK. In my one opinion/1 vote - I for one do not think your representation is good, great, or other for a state leadership position.

. The inception of the KCWF was in part due to the sudden and abrupt "Killing off" of the UNO program. When this program was taken off the table the word was a six figure fund generated by wrestling for wrestling was taken by the AD to the general fund basically ROBBING wrestling supporters of their donated funds. My position on the board has always been to PROTECT the programs we have by offering a means of both supporting and protecting programs. We went on record telling the State Body and groups of donors that we would be directing the KCWF funds to wrestling specific endowments set up by the secondary institutions. This Letter of Understanding was to prevent what happened to the UNO program. FHSU has such a fund in the Bob Smith Wrestling Endowment. When the KCWF basically pulled every tooth from the LOU I commented that outside of the KCWF I would direct my efforts at bolstering this fund because it met the goals we advertised to the wrestling community. The comment "I will kick your asses" was said in a very non physical threatening way but directed to the fact that donors would be more willing to give to a fund that they can count on as being used forever for wrestling only! I was basically stating that I could raise more funds advocating the Bob Smith Wrestling Endowment when donors discovered that Dan Harris had made our GIFTS from the KCWF basically a donation to the schools general fund with only a current year payback clause. The KCWF became more of a good ole boy group for Shawn to raise money and hand out with no guarantee that wrestling would benefit and that wrestling would be sustained. The comment from Dan Harris that "You can't tell a school how it has to use the funds!" should have been a giant RED FLAG to stop giving funds to schools that didn't want to accept our CONDITIONAL donations. The conditions were advertised as SUSTAINING WRESTLING, WRESTLING SPECIFIC, and REFUNDABLE! All of those goals were discarded by a vote.

You continue to misrepresent. You are a coward and a fraud. You told the members of the state body you were raising funds to SUSTAIN college wrestling and you completely abandoned this position. Instead of USAWKS getting all of the funds back in the event a program was dropped we get only the funds donated in the current season...

If you are sick and tired or anyone is sick and tired of me then call me and tell me. I am big boy. Instead you won't take a call. You won't meet. You won't post context and you won't even listen to reason.

In all honesty Sean, I am not mad. I am sad. We have been friends for a very long time. Our focus has always been on giving the kids an opportunity to get exposed to this great sport. We both know that keeping them happy is the most important aspect of getting them to the high school level. We both know that the hospitality room is the key to keeping our coaches and officials happy. We have disagreed on 6U state and other things but we have always been able to agree to disagree. I am very saddened by what has transpired here and really uncertain what you want from me. I feel I have been honest and open ALWAYS even when it meant TOUGH LOVE. This is my LAST post on all of this. I say what is on my mind and often it ruffles feathers. I have always been passionate about this sport and I often tell people to not confusion passion with disrespect. I am asking you to do the same. Don't confuse a difference of opinions with a lack of respect and an absence of love. I know ALL of the Kansas wrestling family, USAWKS board members included, appreciate you for all that you have done and continue to do for those from 5 years old to 90 years old (Coach Sheets). I am pleading with you to bury the hatchet and figure out a more positive path to take than this mission you seem to be on. I apologize for my part in this disagreement. I hope you can accept that.

Last edited by Cokeley; 02/16/17 08:58 PM.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: smokeycabin] #244600 02/16/17 08:29 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
It is strange how other committee members decided not continue on with you at the leadership of the committee. It falls back on
Will's By Laws vs USAWKS By Laws an the associated rules and regulations. That is 11 or 12 individuals you helped run off who donated time and other valuable resources to KS Wrestling. Good luck
moving forward. It is OK for you to have your "misteps" or loose lips whatever you want to call it and then try to back track out after you have caused considerable damage that is not reversible.
Good luck.

Last edited by smokeycabin; 02/16/17 08:33 PM.
Re: Kansas College Wrestling Fund? [Re: smokeycabin] #244601 02/16/17 08:57 PM
B
BigBlue6 Offline
B
Why would anyone in their right mind ever want to serve along side anyone on the state board represented on these forums is beyond me unless they enjoyed being dismissed and belittled in person or really get into arguing without result. A popular thing people say on here is "if you really want change, get on the board" you would have to elect an entirely new board for a sane person to want to do that. NOT IN A MILLION YEARS.

The opinions herein are Mr Bluel's alone and are not that of OSHS, Falcon Empire or any other entity
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 151 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)