Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chad Flores, R.I.P. dear friend of wrestling #251248 08/18/18 02:42 AM
H
Harry L. LaMar Offline OP
OP Offline
H
OP
H
Silver Lake Ks
Our friend and dearly loved Chad Flores passed away on Wednesday morning. CHAd was a 4x placer, 2x state champ at Silver Lake HS, in the class of 1997, he went on to All- American at Kearney. His 4 th anniversary with his wife Ivette, would have been yesterday. His mom Tonia lives in Silver Lake. His father John, a national champion and coach who won state championships at Leoti and Effingham is retired. His brother Matthew will soon be Dr. Matthew Flores will soon be graduating at Lincoln. His friends that love him are uncountable. I have received calls from across the nation.

Chads funeral will be on Monday Aug 20 at Penwell Gable on 10 th street in Topeka at 2:00 pm, burial and reception following in Silver Lake.

If you have pictures or comments please pass them on to me and I will forward to the family. 785-221-4458, harry.lamar@legacywg.com
I’m not very adept at social media! Please feel free to post on his FB site also.

Here is what I posted on Facebook.

Every wrestler in our room from age 4 and up wanted their name next to yours and to be better than you. CHAd gave his heart and soul into every minute he had on earth. He was a giver, a kind soul that loved kids. A fierce warrior on the mat. A friend and teammate like no other.
We bled we cried we laughed and we shared many joys together.. a Champions champion that is talked about almost daily in our rooms. A Champion we will talk about for the ages. From his work ethic to his desire his attitude his soft voice when needed and his nasty cross face when needed. CHAd kept us on our toes at every practice. He made every body better in the room the days he was there.

He taught my boys about life, good lessons and bad. He made them bleed cry, laugh and celebrate, he gave them goals to shoot for and the confidence to attain them. My girls he made laugh, and smile he made them feel like queens. (In fact we had a couple discussions about swooning them too much)! CHAd was a part of my family. He is a part of our wrestling family that extends far across normal boundaries. I have received calls from several states, so many teammates, alumni and friends. Many arch rivals that he had. Many that had just heard the legend of a man named Chad. CHAd thanks for all you gave me as a coach, and a friend, our friendship is one not found in life very often. A friendship I had to earn. We thought we could read each other’s souls, I sure wish I could have softened your pain, my friend.

When I have a bad day I will remember your infectious smile and that damn giggling of yours, and my day will be better!
Thank you and God Bless you my friend. I hope that every day is full of toes on double legs, and vein popping cradles for a fall!

My prayers will be long lasting for Chad, his wife Ivette, his brother and soon to be Dr. Matthew Flores, His mom and dad, and all the boyz and family that loved you! You have blessed us, and now I pray that God will bless you and your family.
Your Smiles and giggles will put me to sleep now my friend. Thank you.

Edit Reply Quote Report Email Post

Quick Reply

Hop To

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 78 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Dane Erickson, MaizeEagles#1, WSX, Cullenjackson, Cody Gerberding
12035 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics33,535
Posts243,418
Members12,035
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011

It’s a great day to be alive
Re: Chad Flores, R.I.P. dear friend of wrestling [Re: Harry L. LaMar] #251250 08/20/18 12:48 PM
L
L.Geyer Offline
L
We'll said sir.

Chad was a great guy. I have known Chad since we were small wrestlers in Leoti. I have many great memories with that guy. His one of a kind smile and laugh that nobody will be able to replicate will never be forgotten. Not only the wrestling families, but the world lost a great guy in Chad.

RIP friend.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 179 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)