Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
now whos undefeted #1558 04/01/02 10:11 PM
A
and126 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Ok, Now that the smoke has cleared, whos undefeted. And also I think John Keller, was robbed of being STATE CHAMP. From what I understand Nick Peterson, wanted to finish. But his coach made him take the DQ. ANY comments??????????????

Re: now whos undefeted #1559 04/01/02 10:32 PM
D
deeohh Offline
D
You misspelled undefeated.

Re: now whos undefeted #1560 04/01/02 10:40 PM
A
and126 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Sorry, Im old.

Re: now whos undefeted #1561 04/01/02 11:22 PM
O
OlatheNorth171 Offline
O
neil hershman( spelled wrong) is undefeated he's the next 4 timer i think this kid has it, if not a 4 timer i will definatly say a 3 timer hes **** good.

Re: now whos undefeted #1562 04/02/02 12:33 AM
T
THE BOMB SQUAD Offline
T
Jimmy Stults is undefeated.

Re: now whos undefeted #1563 04/02/02 02:06 AM
O
oz_parent Offline
O
Chance Sinclair, Osawatomie, 8 under 76 is still undefeated. His record is 35 wins 0 losses.

Re: now whos undefeted #1564 04/02/02 04:11 AM
C
Callahan Offline
C
I believe that Sharky Slyter is still undefeated. I don't know his record though.

Re: now whos undefeted #1565 04/02/02 03:24 PM
B
bystander Offline
B
Will Sinclair be at Nationals this weekend?

Re: now whos undefeted #1566 04/02/02 04:39 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
and126,

As a coach from Abilene you are absolutly wrong is you comments and you need to close your mouth. A coach from Abilene would never, I repeat, never make a kid not complete a match if they were able. We always give the wrestler his decision. I was there and I saw the match and us coaches had a conference afterwards to discuss the situation. What you don't realise is that it was actually the official who made the decision to end the match. THe rule says that if a wrestler is not ready to wrestle at the end of his given injury time then the match is forfeited, if the wrestler entered injury time due to an illegal hold by the oppenet then the opponet forfeits the match. Nick was on the matt the entire 1:30 of his injury time, by the time he was up and ready to wrestle injury time had passed, then his coaches spent another 10 minutes arguing the fact. By that time the offical said "THis match is over" We as coachs had no control over what happened, and how dare you come on here and insult us when you don't even know the real story. Until you get some guts and put your real name on your post I suggest you just keep quit. And on another note, as far as the illegal hold goes. At that age every wrestler knows what holds are legal and illegal, and the only reason a wrestler would do an illegal move is if they were trying t hurt someone or they weren't tought how to wrestle correctly. In this situation I would blame John Kellers coaches for not teaching him correctly. Furthermore becuase he was winning 9-0 he should not have been trying to do more if he didn't know what he was doing. I beleieve he got what he deserved and maybe next time his coach will teach him better (i.e. you cannot figure four the head unless in a pinning combination) , although I certainly didn't want Nick to win state the way he did.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: now whos undefeted #1567 04/02/02 04:41 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
let me clarify the above post. "then his coaches spent antoher 10 minutes ..." this staement referes to John Kellers coaches

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: now whos undefeted #1568 04/02/02 05:46 PM
O
oz_parent Offline
O
Quote:
Originally posted by bystander:
Will Sinclair be at Nationals this weekend?
Chance Sinclair will not be competing at Nationals this weekend.

Re: now whos undefeted #1569 04/02/02 07:15 PM
S
sweetsingle Offline
S
I think we all know who the better wrestler is if John Keller was winning 9-0.
John is a very good kid and I'm sure he was not trying to hurt the other kid
on purpose. I also know for a fact that Maize coach's do not put up with
bad sportsman-ship. I do not feel the other kid was hurt bad enough to
take away first place. What a way to win state!

Re: now whos undefeted #1570 04/02/02 08:30 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Once again it wasn't about if he was hurt bad enough, it was the fact that he was not ready to wrestle before injury time ran out, and therfore the official called the match, not Nick or one of these coaches

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: now whos undefeted #1571 04/03/02 04:09 PM
KCWrestlersMom Offline
I'm confused on the blood/injury time. In one finals match a wrestler was bleeding, I think from an old existing cut that got reopened and not from something that happened in this match. The entire 1:30 ran out and then they started running the time down on the other wrestler. Why is this? This was not an injury, just bleeding that needed to be stopped. Is this correct, or what should have happened? I would hate to see a win that way, but I was just curious about why this was done that way. Thanks.

Re: now whos undefeted #1572 04/03/02 04:22 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Well actually if it was bleading, a wrestler is given a total of 5 mintues of blood time. And that time only includes what is neccassary to stop the bleeding, it does not include the cleanup time afterwards and everything else.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: now whos undefeted #1573 04/03/02 05:06 PM
KCWrestlersMom Offline
Thank you, Mr. Isom. What was done was correct, then. I was just confused when they started running the time on the other wrestler.

Re: now whos undefeted #1574 04/04/02 03:23 AM
G
Grunt Offline
G
I didn't understand what was illegal in the Keller - Peterson match. To me it looked like Peterson tried to reverse Keller by rolling him. Then while Peterson was sitting on the mat partway through the roll, Keller did a figure 4 on Peterson's head and arm and tried to put Peterson on his back.

I don't know the rules, so if someone could explain I'd appreciate it. An earlier comment stated you couldn't do a figure 4 on a head unless you were in a pinning combination and it sure appeared that Keller was trying to pin Peterson with that. Also Peterson's arm was inside the figure 4 (Keller's leg went under armpit and across chest). Without knowing the rules I would guess it to be like head and arm; With arm - okay, headlock without arm - illegal

Can anyone explain the applicable rule?

Re: now whos undefeted #1575 04/04/02 03:49 AM
B
bigwrestlingfan101 Offline
B
Mr.Isom you my friend are way out of line,you say how dare someone for criticizing you has a coach and then you turn around and do it to the maize staff,and not only that but criticize a 11 year old young man for trying to hurt another kid,you are a joke.I can promise you that John was not trying to hurt anyone,those boys are very competitve yes but also very polite and respectful to the sport,and no one in the state works as hard as those boys night in and night out,you can take your shots at othewr adults but don't be a chump and take one at a 11 year old young man,and as far as that match goes,all I can say is it was sure funny that your wrestler was doing jumping jacks but could not wrestle,must have been pretty hurt,and as far as the ref,he was almost in tears the next match because he knew that was a bs call,so congrats on the state title,I'm sure the match was about ready to turn in your favor

Re: now whos undefeted #1576 04/04/02 04:23 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
I wasn't critzing anyone in my previous post. I simply said that the offical made the decision in that match, weather it was BS or not, and I didn't think it was okay for someone to come on the forum and talk bad about Abilene coaches when it wasn't even up to them. As I explained earlier I know that Keller would have won that match, but he made a mistake and according to the rules he lost. What I was critizing was that this kids parents which I could understand their distress in the situation did not act like adults. When the kids were taking pictures after the match John Parents and Grandparents made a scence screaming and holering at Nick and his parents. Now what kind of example is being set for the kids in this situation? And when I went and spoke to the Maize club president he made it seem like he didn't even care and that the parents werer in the right for what they did, just becuase their son may or maynot have been screwed. No Sir, I didn't not take a stab at John I mearly said that he broke the rules and was punished accordingly.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: now whos undefeted #1577 04/05/02 05:47 PM
D
David Keller Offline
D
Nigel Isom,
Please get your facts straight before you write things in this forum. You are an embarrassment.
Yes you were critizing individuals on your previous post. I quote, "In this situation, I would blame John keller's coaches."
Yes you did take a stab at my son. I quote, "At that age every wrestler knows what holds are legal and illegal, and the only reason a wrestler would do an illegal move is if they were trying to hurt someone or they weren't taught how to wrestle correctly." You assume every wrestler is as smart as you.
You also contradict yourself in an earlier post saying that, I quote, "The rule says that if a wrestler is not ready to wrestle at the end of his given injury time then the match is forfeited." After the injury time expired the official then asked Nick if he was ready to finish the match and Nick said "No". Therefore Nick did make the decision and not the official.
Lastly, yes there were words said to the father of Nick in the auditorium afterwards by myself, my father, and father-in-law, but only to Nick's father, not to Nick or anyone else! I would of liked to see how you would of acted if the roles were reversed.
I'm proud of my boys and despite the situation they handled it quite well. Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support. I think my son is over it and we're moving on.

David Keller

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Coach Vieyra), 157 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,381
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)