Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: ring worm #195 03/24/05 03:34 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Nigel:

Your obstinance knows no bounds! The purpose of the Skin Release is to provide an opinion by a professional and thereby eliminate the judgment of a mat official.

Rule 3 Officials and Their Duties

Section 1 Referee

Article 2 . . . On matters of judgment, the referee shall have full control of the match and the decisions shall be final, based upon the NFHS wrestling rules and interpretations .

If a wrestler provides a properly signed skin release, there is NO judgment involved on the part of the referee.

An expert opinion has been provided as per the Rule Book and the referee, provided there is NO NEW condition not covered by the skin release, CAN NOT overule the expert opinion.

Mr. Bowden, Mr. Anderson or yourself are not in a position to contradict the adopted rules of the NFSHSA unless specifically modified and approved by KSHSAA, and the power to overule a physician has not been granted.

I have discussed the matter with Mr. Bowden and he will confirm, providing there is no new condition not covered by the skin release, the only individual who may overule the skin release is a medical professional, designated by the tournament or host school, at the time of competition, as per rule 4-2-4.

Your original statement on the matter is WRONG and you continue to argue a point which is WRONG!

Richard D. Salyer
Re: ring worm #196 03/24/05 05:01 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Well Mr. Sayler why don't you tell that to Mark tonight at the Classic, he'll be working it, and I will be there observing. I truly would like to see a coach try to tell him what you just said. Its fairly simple actually. A coach brings a form which lists the condition, the referee looks at the form and notices it still bleeding, oozing, etc etc. He says no. Take that to the tournament director, USAWKS, or KSHSAA and see what they tell you. I've seen it happen already Mr. Salyer and I don't even need to tell you which side won out. The skin form covers existing conditions, between the signing of that form and the time it is presented alot can happen. Granted 99.9% of the time most Officials will respect the form regardless of any doubts they might have, myself included. However should a situation as described above happen, which it has in the past, and was in favor of the official at the time, you can bet the same would most likely happen again. By the way Mr. Sayler you might also notice that the NFHS rule book does not include a time frame for which the skin form is applicable, so does that mean that it is good for the remainder of the season? No. What is does mean is that the form which may have listed valid information could may very well be invalid at the time when skin checks are performed. Which also reminds me there is no rules in USAKS by laws which state time for skin form either.

Heck I didn't even see the form of that boy at Subs but I'm fairly sure it didn't have every single lesion on it that he had on his body, it would have been utterly impossible.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: ring worm #197 03/24/05 06:11 PM
JAB44 Offline
How

Re: ring worm #198 03/24/05 06:11 PM
JAB44 Offline
How can you argue with what a medical doctor says. That is ridiculous. That's why they have the MD by their name, because they went to school to diagnose things like this. They cetainly didn't not learn it coaching or officiating wrestling.

Re: ring worm #199 03/24/05 06:13 PM
N
Noblet Offline
N
It's useless Richard. He should have been a used car salesman.

Re: ring worm #200 03/24/05 06:25 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
I did not say anything about arguing with a doctor JAB. what I did say is, in most cases the Doctor who diagnosed the case is not standing there when the skin checks are performed, nor is he there to monitor any new spots that may have popped up since he signed the form. Have you ever seen the form? You can circle a rather large area on that form and say its not contagious, in the mean time two spots could have formed where it was once 1. This arguing is very much pointless however.

By the way Noblet, Doctors are never wrong!
This reminds me of the time when I had a spot of ringworm come up on my leg, there was no question to it, it was very obvious. Not wanting to have to sit out I used chlorox on it the same day, and what once looked like ringworm ended up looking like a mat burn, guess what? A doctor signed a skin release form that exact same day. I consider myself a very honest person and what I did so many years ago was not ethical, however it does prove that Drs. can miss things. Who knows if I was still contagious at the time, but I did wrestle that night. But I bet if anyone else who knows what chlorox burns look like compared to mat burns had seen it they probably would have known what was going on, including any seasoned official.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: ring worm #201 03/25/05 12:24 AM
B
bubowski Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Nigel,

I was wondering how much medical training you have, How do you think you are qualified to diagnose or assess a medical condition. I talked to Henry Gallett at weigh ins and he said if all of the lesions are marked and identified on the form a ref cannot overrule a physician. The only way is if the ref finds a lesion not identified on the skin release form. Admit it you are wrong, I doubt if their is a ref in the state of kansas more qualified to diagnose and assess a medical condition than the worst doctor in the state. Get off your power trip you sound ridiculous. I don't think refs need to be posting on this forum anyway, you need to concentrate on becoming the best ref you can be

Re: ring worm #202 03/25/05 07:13 AM
Nigel Isom Offline
bubowski did you not read my last post where I specifically talked about the skin form and how new spots can appear in the area marked on that form? This has nothing to do with a power trip, I have never denied a skin form and I don't think I would ever have a reason to, but I HAVE seen it done more than once.

I have seen over the last few years where the issue of ringworm and its apathy caused the rules committee to seriously strike down on it, which ended up causing several rule changes in the past few years including the one about the on-site physician. As I said before its incredibly easy to get a skin release form even the very first day the lesion pops up. Think twice before you put yourself ahead of others and walk on the mat 48 hours after you see one.
Look at this and you decide, do you want your kid wrestling a kid who is covered in these, just because a Dr. got paid $70 to look at it for 2 minutes.

Perhaps this would persuade you ...

By the way I have been on this forum longer than pretty much everyone on here, so I have more than enough right to post here as anyone else.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: ring worm #203 03/25/05 04:08 PM
P
P. Pitbull's Old Dog Offline
P
Nice Pictures,

In the words of Rodney King, "Why can't we all just get along, ouch, ouch, ouch.

Coach Peterman

Head Coach - Peterman Pitbulls
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 211 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,953
Posts250,389
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)