Looking for some grapplers who are ready to hit the mat and start their season off with a bang. 2022 USAW Pre Season Nationals and National High School Showcase is a sponsored and endorsed tournament by USAWKS. This event will be held AGAIN in Des Moines this season saving valuable commuting time. This event will be October 29th through October 30st hosted at the Iowa Events Center (Hyvee Hall)

Funds are budgeted from USAWKS each season to assist in organizing and subsidizing a group from Kansas to attend this event. I will not know the exact cost until we know the number of interested wrestlers as our budget just got passed for this upcoming year. Based on previous numbers we will go with 20 (includes four coaches) as the estimate cost would be $175. We will be looking for a few more coaches if you wanna help please let me know send me an email or text. At this time myself, Coach Spaulding, Coach Kepley, Coach Mies are in! Yet we need more help as always.

- We are looking for Team Leader and coaches for 3rd-8th grade group (ideally Wichita area for departure)

- If a female wrestler looking for some as always but want to package them up correctly as we have a few HS wrestlers interested

- Estimate four to a room

- Two vans (one leaving from Wichita and another elsewhere dependent on numbers)

- Meals included (lunch and dinner) breakfast at the hotel of course

- Coaches lodging, passes and meals included (always need a navigator or two)

We will depart on Thursday (9-12th grade) from Wichita around 1100 for our HS wrestlers (Freshman and Sophomores weigh-in Thursday night). We will depart Friday at 1700 from Wichita(3rd-8th grade) as weigh-ins are 1030-1130 on Saturday (5-8th grade) and 1800-1900 (3rd-4th grade).

Our HS contingent once wrestling is finished will depart. Based on past years we will be getting back late. Plan will be to take two different contingents of course so we get a great representation across all age groups. However, if we need to consolidate we will but we will do our very best to avoid that.

This tournament is based on school grade vice age (3rd and 4th grade, 9th-10th, etc.), no weight allowance for any age group, (USA Wrestling weight classes) and standard high school weights. National Showcase is 9th-12th grade and a separate tournament. Based on the schedule works very well for 9-10th to do both (however it is $75 per tourney of course and is not apart of the fee)

Please email me directly at the following address scpunishers@gmail.com, text, or call if you are interested and mail a security deposit of $100 to the following address below no later than October 15th (deadline). Make checks payable to “USAWKS” and we can do do Venmo as well. We need a headcount so we can make arrangements and as soon as possible for lodging. Additionally, please send me a courtesy email that the money is in the mail so we can plan accordingly.

Mail to

James Bilby

1350 N Countrywalk Ct

Rose Hill, KS 67133

Information (each wrestler will have to register themselves as this is not covered in the fee) Information

USA Wrestling Events: link to register this tournament will “fill” I would not wait as last year we had folks not able to enter

Register under your own respective club: ex: Bobcat, Maize Wrestling Club, and South Central Punishers

Best way to get ahold of me is via email or give me a call/text at 316-650-9338. As always, any questions please ask of course.

Thank you,

James Bilby

Cheers,
Mustang Bilby
"Lace-up"