Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19674 07/16/05 12:27 AM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I am trying to be halfway serious in this one. Where was it? What? Why? Who was involved? Was it a freshman?

One of mine was the busride my Sophomore year, I was the 103lbs at this time and basically everyone from 140 up was uppperclassmen and 135 and below under. Well we were on our way home from the Norton tournament and we had our activity bus for 18 people so we had plenty of room for each other but the upperclassmen sat in the back 4 seats or so and thought it'd be funny to come steal our stuff so they came up one by one and starting taking things (we knew they were coming but couldn't stop them b/c we had a student teacher coach that didn't care riding home with us and was sleeping) and before long they had everything from pillows to lunchboxes because they were hungry.
Well we started getting brave by going back and attempting to take things back. Wrong Idea. We were trapt by the upperclassmen, given pink bellies, pop knots, etc. and then held hostage until someone else came back to save them only to be trading places.
I remember looking back at a friend of mine who was caught and as I looked down the aisle backwards I seen this head ememerge from the back seat and say help me then disappear instantly and I heard "OOOOOOWWWW" and heard all the upperclassmen start laughing again.
Needless to say we survived the trip and it only happened once, but the image still burns in my head and on my stomache.

Alex

p.s. my freshman year the Seniors through me in my the girls basketball practice in just my underwear and pink wrestling shoes, that was awkward sort of....

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19675 07/16/05 12:59 AM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
You had pink shoes?

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19676 07/16/05 01:51 AM
Nate Naasz Offline
Many great memories were made for us Beloit wrestlers at the Jay/Husker in Marysville, KS. Courtesy of Chris, Casey, Blake, and Josh. Oh and a certain HWT from Norton. Good times.

Nate Naasz, NWCA
Communications/Marketing Coordinator
KWCA, President
LCWC, Director
nnaasz@nwca.cc
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19677 07/16/05 02:06 AM
Trego Wrestler Offline
Alex, I thought it would be when u took a dump on the bus.

Mine has got to be this year in practice. We did a sort of live wrestling called shark bait. and it was like bull in the ring but the bull wrestled for like 3 min. straight and the coach would blow the whistle every 30 secs. and the guy coming in would like form tackle the bull or jump on him in watever position he was in. and our STUPID JV 215 pounder push our HWT. into the wall. (Our HWT. ended takin second at state. and was freiken huge.) The 215 pounder was the bull and i was wrestling him and i kinda held his head down but he was still on his feet and our coach blew the whistle and Brunswig speared him in the ribcage. Our coach even laughed.

Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19678 07/16/05 06:09 AM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
I don't think I have a favorite memory, there are to many to pick from. I was lucky enough to have very few bad experiences with my team and had many good ones.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19679 07/16/05 11:49 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Quote:
Originally posted by Curtis Chenoweth:
You had pink shoes?
Had? Still have them actually. They're about 4 sizes too small but there's still fun to look at. I'll have to show you next time you're up here.

Alex

Malay if I'm not mistaken (which I know I'm not b/c he talked to me) you're coach IS a loser. He sat in the corner of The Home in Hays by the shot bar and was there with a buddy of his in an empty bar. It was empty that is until I arrived with the party. Ask him....

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19680 07/21/05 01:04 AM
W
wrestlerwannabe Offline
W
lets hear some more

Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19681 07/21/05 06:02 PM
Ryan Jilka Offline
I could list dozens. 27 years in wrestling has given me more great memories than a man deserves in a lifetime. Here goes:

As a coach: (no particular order)
4 state finalist with the group of seniors I started with in 7th grade.

Seeing Tommy get his third state title.

Getting to coach Krisha Childres. Obviously I love coaching all the wrestlers, but it's not every day you get to see a female go through as much as she did with such a great attitude.

Every time a former or current wrestler calls me just to see what's going on makes my day.

AS A FAN:
Meeting Dan Gable

Seeing Sanderson in person. Unbelievable!

Watching Joey McDowell from Clearwater. He's a true inspiration.

AS A WRESTLER:
Winning the SW Regionals in Vegas and walking off the mat to compliments from about 4 Olympians on Team Sunkist that happened to be sitting near my mat.

Meeting my wife at a tournament at Ft. Hays. (I'll deduct 5 points from my man-card for putting this down).

I could go on and on, but I know there will be more.

"The days I can keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are good days" ~ Judy Hubbard
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19682 07/25/05 01:54 AM
Computerized Shoes Offline
I would have to say one of my funniest memories was this year at 4A Regionals in Colby....I took my team on a routine "adventure jog" to warm up before the first round. Well...I lead them down a dark hallway and ended up running into a fire escape which set the alarm off and one by one ....the guys following me would slam into the back of one another. It was an amazing site to see.

Taggin' for Tyler
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19683 07/25/05 02:36 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
I loved at Buhler finding an old trophy in a janitor's closet and adopting it to the Taggin' for Tyler trophy! Fun Times!

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19684 07/30/05 01:09 PM
Dingbat Offline
My favorite wrestling memory was when Grant Parker (no relation to Prant Garker) lost a heartbreaker to Ginny Vay. That made me deliciously excited.

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19685 07/30/05 01:23 PM
Bracket-man Offline
IT IS ALIVE!!! A Dingbat sighting!

Welcome back, Brother Dingbat, and congratulations on the upcoming nuptials.

Is Mr. Salyer going to get an invitation?

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19686 08/06/05 05:53 PM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Sweazy:
I loved at Buhler finding an old trophy in a janitor's closet and adopting it to the Taggin' for Tyler trophy! Fun Times!
That was a lot of fun. Then sneaking through the hallways so a janitor wouldn't find us. That was a lot of fun.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19687 08/06/05 06:10 PM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
I'd have to say that one of my most favorite memories was during my freshmen year. Joey McDowell wrestled varsity for us and we were at the Chanute tournament. For those of you that don't know Joey, he has cerebral palsy, but that didn't stop him from giving it his all. Earl Jones was also wrestling in this tournament and has been kind of a hero for Joey since Joey started wrestling. After Earl took first place in the tournament, he gave his bracket to Joey. I don't think I have ever seen Joey that happy. I already had a lot of respect for Earl, but after that I gained a lot more. That bracket is hanging up in Joey's room today.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19688 08/08/05 02:41 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Quote:
Originally posted by Curtis Chenoweth:
I'd have to say that one of my most favorite memories was during my freshmen year. Joey McDowell wrestled varsity for us and we were at the Chanute tournament. For those of you that don't know Joey, he has cerebral palsy, but that didn't stop him from giving it his all. Earl Jones was also wrestling in this tournament and has been kind of a hero for Joey since Joey started wrestling. After Earl took first place in the tournament, he gave his bracket to Joey. I don't think I have ever seen Joey that happy. I already had a lot of respect for Earl, but after that I gained a lot more. That bracket is hanging up in Joey's room today.
That is respect in the upmost form. I respect Joey for not quitting and never giving up and Earl because he cared enough to do that. That's a way to lead by example.

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19689 08/08/05 05:05 AM
Pups4Ever Offline
Earl Jones has always been a high-class upstanding guy. What he did was very admirable.

Buuut, it's not like Earl couldn't spare a few brackets (KIDDING! KIDDING!)...

"I hate basketball! I'd rather watch paint dry!" -- CVHS Wrestling coach Troy Lentz 2005
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19690 08/08/05 05:55 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Pups4Ever:
Earl Jones has always been a high-class upstanding guy. What he did was very admirable.

Buuut, it's not like Earl couldn't spare a few brackets (KIDDING! KIDDING!)...
Of course he could spare the brackets...heck he could even spare a leg at one point! :-) GREAT GUY!

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Most Favorite Wrestling Memory #19691 08/08/05 10:37 PM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
Swayz, you know what I would normally say about a comment like that. You just continually doom yourself don't you. lol.

Curtis Chenoweth

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 156 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,942
Posts250,374
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)