Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ol Blue dies--RIP--thanks for the great image on the national team shirt,, #20661 01/01/06 05:01 AM
K
klint deere Offline OP
OP Offline
K
LOS ANGELES - Patrick Cranshaw, who achieved cult-like status as fraternity brother "Blue" in the 2003 comedy "Old School," has died. He was 86.

The veteran character actor died of natural causes Wednesday at his home in Fort Worth, Texas, his personal manager, Jeff Ross, told the Los Angeles Times.

During a career that spanned nearly 50 years, Cranshaw had dozens of roles, including a bank teller in "Bonnie and Clyde" and a demolition derby owner in "Herbie: Fully Loaded" (2005). Other credits included "Bandolero" (1968), "Best in Show" (2000) and "The Hudsucker Proxy" (1994), as well as television series "Mork & Mindy" and "The Dukes of Hazzard."

But he was probably best known for his role as elderly frat boy Joseph "Blue" Palasky in "Old School," starring Luke Wilson, Will Ferrell and Vince Vaughn.

In the hit comedy, he was about to wrestle two topless girls but dies of an apparent heart attack from overexcitment. After singing "Dust in the Wind" at Blue's funeral, Ferrell's character calls out in agony: "You're my boy, Blue!"

Fans would yell the signature line whenever they saw the actor. He was even invited to meet with the Texas Rangers when they played the Angels in Anaheim.

"It was a great experience and an acknowledgment for him," Ross said. "He loved the recognition and would turn back and say, 'I'm your boy Blue.'"

Cranshaw was born in Bartlesville, Okla., in 1919 and became interested in acting while entertaining American troops before World War II.

He is survived by three children, Jan Ragland, Joe Cranshaw and Beverly Trautschold.

Re: Ol Blue dies--RIP--thanks for the great image on the national team shirt,, #20662 01/01/06 07:03 AM
Meven Stiller Offline
You're my boy BLUE! We love ya!

I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
All my dreams, pass before my eyes, a curiosity
Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind.
Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do, crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind

Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away, and all your money won't another minute buy.

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind
Dust in the wind, everything is dust in the wind.

Re: Ol Blue dies--RIP--thanks for the great image on the national team shirt,, #20663 01/01/06 05:26 PM
jumpin jack flash Offline
Meven,
Awesome photo!!!!! Absolustley awesome!!!! Ol Blue will forever be an image in my mind now. Looking at him I wonder if his parents "red shirted" him back in the days.

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 108 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)